MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoviceFT
Is any Non-Canadian Citizens got any of TD cards. Eligibility states only canadian citizens...
does it really say canadian citizens? this means that people in canada with a permanent resident status can't get a card from TD?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
does it really say canadian citizens? this means that people in canada with a permanent resident status can't get a card from TD?
Looks like a human rights violation right there.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm not even a PR, I got the TD infinite TR card.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:32 am

Another offer to consider for the Scotia Gold AmEx: lowestrates.ca is offering $75 in GC (Choose between The Keg, Toy'r'us, Indigo, Amazon.ca, FutureShop or Starbucks). As this might be considered a better deal than $40 cashback, I mentioned both offers in the wiki.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
Another offer to consider for the Scotia Gold AmEx: lowestrates.ca is offering $75 in GC (Choose between The Keg, Toy'r'us, Indigo, Amazon.ca, FutureShop or Starbucks). As this might be considered a better deal than $40 cashback, I mentioned both offers in the wiki.
Good find!

Updated wiki for Chase Marriott Visa public promo.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by entropy
I'm not even a PR, I got the TD infinite TR card.
This criteria is listed for TD Aeroplan cards only as of now.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:02 pm

Any good deal for aeroplan cards with fyf?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by mangosalad
Any good deal for aeroplan cards with fyf?
The Amex Gold Rewards card. Membership reward points are transferable to Aeroplan. FYF and 25K in points.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
TD Business Aeroplan- FYF

If I go thru my Aeroplan website and go to promotions, it shows the TD Business Aeroplan with 30k offer (20k after 1st use + 10k after 1000 spent in 90 days). It also shows FIRST YEAR FREE, however it doesnt say FYF on the TD website...Didnt get a chance to call TD yet...but anyone recently applied for this card.....??
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by sunnyzip
If I go thru my Aeroplan website and go to promotions, it shows the TD Business Aeroplan with 30k offer (20k after 1st use + 10k after 1000 spent in 90 days). It also shows FIRST YEAR FREE, however it doesnt say FYF on the TD website...Didnt get a chance to call TD yet...but anyone recently applied for this card.....??
I don't think TD has an FYF offer for their small biz cards atm so the Aeroplan site is outdated.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by prmetime
The Amex Gold Rewards card. Membership reward points are transferable to Aeroplan. FYF and 25K in points.
Thanks I will check out it.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions...EBUP1000468_TD
"That's not all! Your annual fee will also be waived for the first year."

Looks legit. The "+10K after $1000 spending" is part of the new promo for all of the TD Aero cards, introduced this past month. So, not an outdated page at all.

The Aero Infinite Biz is the only one, of the four TD Aero cards (Plat, Infinite, Infinite Priv, Biz) which has the $0 FYF offer according to the Aeroplan website.

FWIW, their inaugural launch of the Aeroplan Visas at the beginning of the year also did not mention $0 FYF at the TD web pages for a month or more, but was available via phone or in-branch applications. Perhaps the other cards (Plat, Infinite) are also $0 FYF by dealing with a human?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:06 am

might as well add the westjet rbc mastercard to the wiki. As of oct 29 Westjet will be joining all the other airlines and begin charging $25 for the first checked back (westjet is currently the only airline that allows first bag free if, for example, you are flying NYC-YYZ).

the westjet rbc card will allow first bag to be free again, $250 westjet credit signup bonus, and $99 round-trip companion flight every year, earn 1.5% in westjet credit and every dollar you spend. annual fee is $99
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:13 am

From the T&C,
2. Applies to new TD Aeroplan Visa Business Accounts ("Account") only. Must apply by October 31, 2014. $149 Annual Fee for first Card issued to the business waived for first year only.
Definitely a current offer.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Great find re: the TD Biz Aero Infinite Visa. Thanks!

But before I begin the TD application rigamarole, can anyone say how sticky they are on the "Business" part? Is it like Amex or do they want some kind of supporting documentation? I figure I'd apply anyway but this will help me know how much effort to put into it

Edit: So I applied using the data from my rental property business. Two things made me nervous: mortgage field maxes out at five figures so I wasn't able to correctly list mortgages on all of my properties, and the fact that nowhere on the TD website is there any mention of the FYF fee waiver. I took screenshots of the AE website but I feel like I am descending into the depths of deniability in which TD will deny that there ever was such an offer

Last edited by heraclitus; Sep 24, 2014 at 9:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.