Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:02 am

Just noticed GCR has the platinum version of the Alaska Airlines MBNA card. Anyone have luck getting both (I already have the Workd Elite)?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Just noticed GCR has the platinum version of the Alaska Airlines MBNA card. Anyone have luck getting both (I already have the Workd Elite)?
GCR link:
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...ines-Platnium/
(Yes, they spelled it "Platnium", at least for now.)

World Elite is designed for cardholders with income over $80,000. Platinum is designed for cardholders under $80,000.
If your income sometimes fluctuates above or below, then maybe that's a good time to apply for the other one.
Please let us know your results.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:23 pm

If you want some FYF RBC Avion action just keep searching for the card on Faceb00k.

I had a 20k fyf offer show up a few weeks ago and didn't click it. Thought I should do it and didn't see it for a while so started searching for it on FB and after a while the offer came up again.

I have the card now.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
My usual BizGold washing still works. Not the deal it used to be though. I've got a 2nd card coming and will cancel the 1st soon after it arrives.

I might need to *gasp* transfer MR to AP. I liquidated almost 1m when the ^^^^ hit the fan last year. Now our new hobby is taking us on short trips to SFO, DEN, STL and my mileage balance is getting lower by the day. I did leave 500k, that's what I was willing to gamble on AP's survival.

I need some FYF offers. Is anyone listening?? I did do very well with the E store this year, 80% of what I got last year came that way and I squeaked into Diamond. The gifting of Amazon's GF through the e store during the Cobalt promo the week before Xmas was awesome.
MasterGeek and prmetime like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Yes, come on AMEX, bring back the FYF on Personal Gold and Business Gold card referral offers!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

Well, this is kind of like getting free miles...

If you purchased a CRT monitor or TV between 1995 and 2007, you could be eligible to receive a payment from a class action. Deadline is March 1, 2019. Each claimant is expected to receive $20 without the need to provide a receipt. Businesses and individuals can make a claim.

Canadian CRT Class Action
http://www.crtclassactioncanada.com
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jerry305

If you purchased a CRT monitor or TV between 1995 and 2007, you could be eligible to receive a payment from a class action. Deadline is March 1, 2019. Each claimant is expected to receive $20 without the need to provide a receipt. Businesses and individuals can make a claim.

Canadian CRT Class Action
http://www.crtclassactioncanada.com
Sniff! Brings back memories of my Sony Trinitron I bought at Club Biz ...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jerry305
Not quite. I think the last time I bought a CRT was in 1996, but it wasn't in Canada.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Avion, Alaska
Great new offer from TD Canada Trust. Up to 30,000 Aeroplan miles and FYF.

Get up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles Plus, 1st year Annual Fee Rebate for Primary Cardholder. Conditions apply. Offer ends June 2, 2019.

Apply online by June 2, 2019 to get a full Annual Fee Rebate1 for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles (that's equivalent to 2 short- haul roundtrip flight rewards1) as follows:
Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase with your Card
+
15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account opening

http://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-ban...infinite-card/
jerry305 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:45 pm

finally something exciting (AMEX Plat isn't)

TD Aeroplan 30K (15K + 15K after $1000) FYF is back!!!
​​​​​​​
Rewards Canada: Great new offer for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card - Up to 30,000 bonus miles & first year free
TD has just released one of the richest offers to date for their TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card!
The new offer that is available here and only some other select digital channels (it will go live with TD in March) provides an awesome welcome bonus of up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles and a first year annual fee rebate for the primary card.

The 30,000 Aeroplan Miles welcome bonus is split as 15,000 miles upon your first purchase and another 15,000 miles when you spend $1,000 on the card within the first 90 days of opening your account. For most people this shouldn't be too hard as that will equate to $333.33 in spending per month.
jerry305 and prmetime like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jerryhung
finally something exciting
I guess it depends on how you define "exciting"...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:24 am

Well, as exciting as it gets these days. Sniff.
Thanks for the heads up jerryhung.

I’ve been quite out of the loop these days. We went traveling with our three kids for a year. We’ve been back for months and months. And all I’ve managed to do was renew my SPG Amex last September. Oha, and I did get the Cobalt then as well. Just one.

All our miles and points that we accumulated for the three years prior to our RTW got us quite a number of flights and a ton of free nights. No little thanks to all who contribute here.

I just applied for the TD Aeroplan Visa. We’re TD clients and we’re both pre-approved. I paused a bit because the card details on the preapproval don’t indicate the extra 15,000 points. And no AF rebate is mentioned. Online chat got me nowhere to confirm card conditions through the preapproval - except that it is an ‘online only’ offer. I phoned in and got a very helpful young lady who said mostly the same. Then she put me on hold to confirm she could do a phone completion with all the terms in her notes/remarks. I’ll see how it goes. For DH, I pushed through the pre-approval application. I surmise that the app was started online. And was completed online. So regardless, the bonus offer and fee rebate should apply despite TD IT. I’ll keep you posted on whether this proceeds well without intervention.

Just a heads up though, the nice lady on the phone is not convinced that my online application with the preapproval would have gone smoothly.

Thanks again everyone!

Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: aeroplan, amex, priority club
anyone else have prob with online sign up for this td card , tries it twice , get 90 percent complete , get to (help us confirm your identity ) doesnt give me anything else.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Avion, Alaska
Originally Posted by radoak
anyone else have prob with online sign up for this td card , tries it twice , get 90 percent complete , get to (help us confirm your identity ) doesnt give me anything else.
Yes, I've had problems too. I can't submit the application. I only get 90% of the app completed. I've tried using multiple browsers.

I spoke w/ customer service at TD and they are aware of the problem. The rep told me to try again tomorrow.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: *void
TD's online application system has been quirky ever since we started applying for their Aeroplan Visa Infinite card back in 2014 when they launched this card. Over the years, several times we had to Save the application (if possible) and then come back and try again the next day or few days later to get it pushed through.

Some of the times the application would get submitted successfully, but there would be no final conclusion, and not even a note that it is pending. In these cases we would call TD to ask them if they can see the pending application in their system, and if found then they would help to push it through. It's important to try to apply online so that you get the correct source code for this 30K/FYF offer, else it might get coded with a non-promotional 15K offer with $120/yr fee on the first statement.

If you truly cannot get the online application to work, you can try calling TD and MENTION this promotion, and if the rep is not green like their company colours, the promotional source code will be added to your phone-in application. If they cannot do this then you may be in a fight when you find you didn't get the full 30K points.

Having said all this, I believe you can get this 30K/FYF offer without going through the RewardsCanada site, and apply directly at the TD website.
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-ba...infinite-card/

If you like RewardsCanada and would like to give Patrick some kickback then apply through his signup link, where you can see the source code in the URL link (sourcecode=rePwQEjA0OI). If you apply directly through the TD website there doesn't appear to be a source code involved, or maybe their back-end tacks one on after you've completed the application successfully.

I'm surprised GCR hasn't added this card back onto their cash back site to give a little bit more $$ incentive to use their referral channel. They win, we win. Maybe tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.