MilesBuzz: Canada

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerry305
Wiki Link
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 24, 19, 7:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, SPG, Marriott
Aye. I'm treating it like its really just a 15k + FYF. The requirements to get the remaining pts are awful
Old Nov 25, 19, 11:42 am

Agree. You guys think they will change this promo in the future?
Old Dec 1, 19, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska,Aeroplan, Aegean, BA Executive
New TD Aeroplan VI offer is up:

TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card | TD Aeroplan

Apply online by March 2, 2020 to get an Annual Fee Rebate† for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and earn up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles (equivalent to to 2 economy short-haul roundtrip flight rewards)† as follows:

Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase with your Card†.
+
Earn 5 additional Aeroplan Miles on all Purchases, for the first 3 months up to a total spend of $1000 per month, up to a total of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles†.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 19, 7:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by I came to fly View Post
Does the five additional miles per dollar during the first three months up to 15k miles mean that one gets six miles per dollar spent in total?
Old Dec 1, 19, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
Does the five additional miles per dollar during the first three months up to 15k miles mean that one gets six miles per dollar spent in total?
It appears to be, yes, because some (travel-related) purchases on the card earn 1.5 miles and others earn 1.0 miles.
If the 5 bonus miles spend was supposed to include the regular earning, some of which could be 1.5 miles, then those wouldn't be bonus miles. Something like that. I'm very tired.
Old Dec 2, 19, 3:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by I came to fly View Post
How is this better than the previous 40k promo?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:14 pm

2x questions;

Currently hold TDAVI.
Is it possible to apply for and also hold the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum?
What about the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege? (possible to hold all 3... ?)

Second question;
Also have the TD FCT Visa Infinite. Have 80,000+ points.
Is the best redemption value by booking through Expedia for TD?
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
2x questions;

Currently hold TDAVI.
Is it possible to apply for and also hold the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum?
What about the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege? (possible to hold all 3... ?)

Second question;
Also have the TD FCT Visa Infinite. Have 80,000+ points.
Is the best redemption value by booking through Expedia for TD?

To answer your second question:
Yes, the best redemption rate is, alas, through Expedia for TD. You'll get $1 in value for each 200 points... so 80,000 points = $400.
I believe the redemption rate for other travel spend is $1 for each 250 points... so 80,000 points = $320.
You could use some combo of that, for example, book an Expedia product approaching $400 in value, then burn off the rest of the points for some other travel spend.

Other than a note that "points must be redeemed in increments of 200 or 250", I don't see where TD actually states the redemption rate for other travel spend.

Search this Thread