Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by mgn2000
You can also book any Cancellable Hotel at Amex.ca Travel. get the $ 200 Travel Credit , then later cancel the Hotel. I have done it before.
Do you do this online or over the phone?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by montezume
The reservation, I made online, got the Travel Credit online. The cancellation, I may have done it over the phone, I am not sure.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by montezume
Reservation online, cancellation over the phone but it takes only a few minutes.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Originally Posted by thedude99
Anyone else still getting run around from MBNA/TD regarding Best Western points? Been going on nearly 4 months and although they have told me the points are coming soon, still nothing..........
Count me as another frustrated customer. I've had the card for two years and since February my points have not been transferring to BW. Three long phone calls and lots of promises but still no results. We can't be alone.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Asking again - how do I find out what my BW card number is? I don't have an account and it's not visible anywhere on mbna.ca. How/where are they going to transfer the points? I'm lost.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Asking again - how do I find out what my BW card number is? I don't have an account and it's not visible anywhere on mbna.ca. How/where are they going to transfer the points? I'm lost.
I suggest calling the customer service number on the back of your credit card. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:51 pm

You need to call up MBNA and ask them what BW account number they have tied to your account. The BW number should also be listed on your paper statement.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by jbjelloid
Count me as another frustrated customer. I've had the card for two years and since February my points have not been transferring to BW. Three long phone calls and lots of promises but still no results. We can't be alone.
I wouldn't put up with that BS! You have an agreement with MBNA. You use your card, you pay your account on time and they need to fulfill the agreement by awarding you the points! I had the same problem with the Alaska card after speaking to a manager and still no points I asked for the number to the banks Ombudsman office. After I left a message (they give you a 1800 to call and you leave a message) my points were in the account within 24 hours!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:50 am

Have you created a BW account?

I think what you need to do is create a BW account at BW's site, then call up MBNA and ask them to attach that BW account to the MBNA account.

That is the process I'm seeing discussed over at RedFlagDeals (a Canadian shopping deal site).
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by kalderlake

I think what you need to do is create a BW account at BW's site, then call up MBNA and ask them to attach that BW account to the MBNA account.

That is the process I'm seeing discussed over at RedFlagDeals (a Canadian shopping deal site).
This would all be avoided if you were able to provide your BW account number during the application process which you are not. Same thing with MBNA Alaska card.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:09 pm

You're preachin' to the choir.

But it is what it is.

I just did it, btw, and it only took a couple of minutes.

No up-sell, side-sell, insurance offers, etc, refreshingly.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by kalderlake

I called and this is evidently indeed the proper procedure. Wish it actually told you this somewhere... Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:57 pm

Denied upgrade from RBC Rewards to RBC Avion card.

I got my first RBC Avion card in 2014. Before my year was up, I downgraded to a RBC Rewards card to keep the account active and go FYF.

In August of last year I called in to upgrade the card back to the RBC Avion, paid the $120 fee and got 15k Avion points.

In February of this year I called in and downgraded the card back to the RBC Rewards card.

Today I called in to try and upgrade back to the RBC Avion card. Denied. They said I can't do that, 15k points is an introductory offer only. Can't upgrade and get the points again.

Is this a HUCA thing? I don't want to call back right away as I believe they track everything and don't want to raise any red flags.

They said that I can apply for a new card and be eligible for the offer. But I liked this back and forth cycle as it avoided a credit pull. But if I have to then...I guess I'll live with it. I like RBC Avion for the transfers to AA.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I got my first RBC Avion card in 2014. Before my year was up, I downgraded to a RBC Rewards card to keep the account active and go FYF.

In August of last year I called in to upgrade the card back to the RBC Avion, paid the $120 fee and got 15k Avion points.

In February of this year I called in and downgraded the card back to the RBC Rewards card.

Today I called in to try and upgrade back to the RBC Avion card. Denied. They said I can't do that, 15k points is an introductory offer only. Can't upgrade and get the points again.

Is this a HUCA thing? I don't want to call back right away as I believe they track everything and don't want to raise any red flags.

They said that I can apply for a new card and be eligible for the offer. But I liked this back and forth cycle as it avoided a credit pull. But if I have to then...I guess I'll live with it. I like RBC Avion for the transfers to AA.
Be careful about p*ssing of a bank.You don't want to get "demarketed".I wouldn't try reapplying for another Avion credit card....all your credit cards show up on a credit bureau and I would't be surprised if your account was noted....in case you call back and try to switch with another rep.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
This would all be avoided if you were able to provide your BW account number during the application process which you are not. Same thing with MBNA Alaska card.
MBNA Alaska application form no longer has a field to enter your mileage plan number, as recently as November.

My wife had some difficulty getting her account connected to her Alaska mileage account

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.