MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
On my online account with MBNA, I can't find how to link my bank account to my credit card account to pay my bill online. Am I missing something, or does someone need to tell MBNA this is 2016! All I see are options to use snail mail or Western Union. What, no Pony Express???
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Preacher7
On my online account with MBNA, I can't find how to link my bank account to my credit card account to pay my bill online. Am I missing something, or does someone need to tell MBNA this is 2016! All I see are options to use snail mail or Western Union. What, no Pony Express???
Go to your bank account online and search for MBNA in the list of payees. It should turn up there. Then select it and enter your MBNA account number.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
There's a form you can download on your online account to set up autopay from your bank account. Might be possible to set this up over the phone too.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
There's a form you can download on your online account to set up autopay from your bank account. Might be possible to set this up over the phone too.
Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:47 pm

Sorry if you've read this on another post - not sure where this one belongs. I'm wondering if anyone has any current datapoints to report regarding transfer times Amex MR to Avios. Website states up to 5 biz days but wondering if it is actually quicker than this. Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Sorry if you've read this on another post - not sure where this one belongs. I'm wondering if anyone has any current datapoints to report regarding transfer times Amex MR to Avios. Website states up to 5 biz days but wondering if it is actually quicker than this. Thanks.
"Up to" means it can be quicker, which has been the case in my own experience: a few hours!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
"Up to" means it can be quicker, which has been the case in my own experience: a few hours!
Thanks for the quick response.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:55 pm

Is AEROPLAN shutting down?? If no, what does this mean?

"22. Subject to earlier termination or amendment of the Aeroplan Program, you can accumulate Aeroplan Miles until December 31, 2016, and request reward travel until March 31, 2017. Reward travel must be completed by December 14, 2017."

https://www3.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by emilio911

"22. Subject to earlier termination or amendment of the Aeroplan Program, you can accumulate Aeroplan Miles until December 31, 2016, and request reward travel until March 31, 2017. Reward travel must be completed by December 14, 2017."

short answer: NO

refer to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...on-clause.html
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by emilio911

Panic over
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
short answer: NO
refer to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...on-clause.html
Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
30% Avion to Avios bonus is back. Ends 31 July 2016.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-ca/...rs/rbc-rewards
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:29 pm

RBC Changing Card Type

Has anyone been successful changing their no fee RBC card to a travel card they've had before and still successfully received the sign-up bonus? Their T&C states that you are not eligible for the bonus if you CURRENTLY hold a travel card (which I do not). But two different reps told me I would not receive the bonus for a BA Visa since I've already held that (they knew when i Gave them my BA#) nor would i get the bonus for a Visa Infinite Avion or a Visa Avion Platinum because I've held a Visa Infinite card before (they are in the same card family for bonuses) but I would qualify for the $399 AF Avion card with a 25K bonus.

You can transfer your card online without agent intervention so maybe I roll the dice and try that?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Has anyone been successful changing their no fee RBC card to a travel card they've had before and still successfully received the sign-up bonus? Their T&C states that you are not eligible for the bonus if you CURRENTLY hold a travel card (which I do not). But two different reps told me I would not receive the bonus for a BA Visa since I've already held that (they knew when i Gave them my BA#) nor would i get the bonus for a Visa Infinite Avion or a Visa Avion Platinum because I've held a Visa Infinite card before (they are in the same card family for bonuses) but I would qualify for the $399 AF Avion card with a 25K bonus.

You can transfer your card online without agent intervention so maybe I roll the dice and try that?
I've been successful in the past getting the RBC Avion Infinite, downgrading it to RBC rewards no annual fee card then upgrading back to the Avion Infinite. I did earn the 15k Avion points the second time.

HOWEVER, my most recent experience was getting shot down. The second Avion Infinite was downgraded to the RBC rewards in February and last week I called in to try and upgrade to the Avion Infinite (2nd upgrade). they told me no, can't do it because i've done it before.

Agent did say that I could apply for a separate Avion card and earn the bonus...but i didn't do it. As far as doing the switch online...and I haven't gone all the way in the application, is that there does not appear to be a mention of the sign-up bonus. So unless there's some flashing screen saying "you get 15k points" I'd assume that you don't.

these might have been the rules all along, but they weren't enforcing them. who knows.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:31 pm

MBNA

Sorry if I have missed the this info if it has been already beenposted here somewhere.
I have been churning the Alaska mbna master card for a couple of years but the card that I received this march did not get the singing bonus. I have had many phone calls in to the call center with the promise they would post soon.

Today I called again and spoke to a supervise who said they are no longer giving the bonus more than once.But she did say she will look to see if I should get the bonus on this card because I applied early Feb and they have just changed the rules a month ago.Very sad if this is true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.