FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:02 pm
jubberly

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I got my first RBC Avion card in 2014. Before my year was up, I downgraded to a RBC Rewards card to keep the account active and go FYF.

In August of last year I called in to upgrade the card back to the RBC Avion, paid the $120 fee and got 15k Avion points.

In February of this year I called in and downgraded the card back to the RBC Rewards card.

Today I called in to try and upgrade back to the RBC Avion card. Denied. They said I can't do that, 15k points is an introductory offer only. Can't upgrade and get the points again.

Is this a HUCA thing? I don't want to call back right away as I believe they track everything and don't want to raise any red flags.

They said that I can apply for a new card and be eligible for the offer. But I liked this back and forth cycle as it avoided a credit pull. But if I have to then...I guess I'll live with it. I like RBC Avion for the transfers to AA.
Be careful about p*ssing of a bank.You don't want to get "demarketed".I wouldn't try reapplying for another Avion credit card....all your credit cards show up on a credit bureau and I would't be surprised if your account was noted....in case you call back and try to switch with another rep.