FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:24 am
NotJustDreaming

Well, as exciting as it gets these days. Sniff.
Thanks for the heads up jerryhung.

I’ve been quite out of the loop these days. We went traveling with our three kids for a year. We’ve been back for months and months. And all I’ve managed to do was renew my SPG Amex last September. Oha, and I did get the Cobalt then as well. Just one.

All our miles and points that we accumulated for the three years prior to our RTW got us quite a number of flights and a ton of free nights. No little thanks to all who contribute here.

I just applied for the TD Aeroplan Visa. We’re TD clients and we’re both pre-approved. I paused a bit because the card details on the preapproval don’t indicate the extra 15,000 points. And no AF rebate is mentioned. Online chat got me nowhere to confirm card conditions through the preapproval - except that it is an ‘online only’ offer. I phoned in and got a very helpful young lady who said mostly the same. Then she put me on hold to confirm she could do a phone completion with all the terms in her notes/remarks. I’ll see how it goes. For DH, I pushed through the pre-approval application. I surmise that the app was started online. And was completed online. So regardless, the bonus offer and fee rebate should apply despite TD IT. I’ll keep you posted on whether this proceeds well without intervention.

Just a heads up though, the nice lady on the phone is not convinced that my online application with the preapproval would have gone smoothly.

Thanks again everyone!