MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
Right now CIBC have 2 Aventura card with 15K bonus and no annual fee, thinking of booking Christmas trip YVR-IAH, but I can't find out how much points I need for the trip, Max 35K?

Which one is better for this trip, RBC Avion or CIBC Aventura?
I got bonuses from two different Aventura cards last year. Unfortunately they put the points in different reward accounts and refused to consolidate them. Just a heads up if you are planning to use the points from both cards for one reward...I don't think it's possible.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by JetLife

I got bonuses from two different Aventura cards last year. Unfortunately they put the points in different reward accounts and refused to consolidate them. Just a heads up if you are planning to use the points from both cards for one reward...I don't think it's possible.
That explains why all those RBC Avion commercials I hear throw shade at programs with poor availability (Aeroplan) and programs that can't be merged between personal and business (Aventura)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:17 pm

I had mbna Alaska card that I closed 4-5 months ago, after applying for mbna 2% cashback card.

I have just applied for mbna Alaska again, and was approved instantly online with a $5k limit. However, the limit on my existing mbna 2% cashback card was reduced by $5k without asking or notifying me. FYI.

I still have the companion voucher from my first mbna Alaska card showing in my Alaska account. What will happen, will I have two vouchers after I activate my new card? If yes, is it possible to use two vouchers on the same flight for 4 passengers?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:23 pm

WOW that's odd.......... CIBC customer service is the worst for all the CSR I have deal with, they have no power at all and every time call different people will get different answers, they will suspend your card and not calling you .................now since the AC Conversion card is dead, I don't want to deal with them at all

Just got off the phone, try 2 different times apply online and get same msgs: We can't complete your request at this time. Please try again later or visit a branch for more help....................spend 30 mins over the phone apply also was declined, and they won't switch from Dividend card to Aventura card waive the annual fee, I really don't understand their business logic .........Anyway I cancel my dividend card in the end .

I guess I will go for RBC Avion then

Originally Posted by JetLife

Last edited by ecgz88; Apr 3, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:31 pm

they did that with me too reduce 5K limit without mentioning, so yes better keep at least 1 CC with MBNA all the time.

Yes, you will keep 2 vouchers in the end

Originally Posted by echino
I had mbna Alaska card that I closed 4-5 months ago, after applying for mbna 2% cashback card.

I have just applied for mbna Alaska again, and was approved instantly online with a $5k limit. However, the limit on my existing mbna 2% cashback card was reduced by $5k without asking or notifying me. FYI.

I still have the companion voucher from my first mbna Alaska card showing in my Alaska account. What will happen, will I have two vouchers after I activate my new card? If yes, is it possible to use two vouchers on the same flight for 4 passengers?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Thanks to saanj for spotting this...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1834063-2-000-aeroplan-points-td-insurance.html

My experience:

Online quote took about 3-4 minutes.
Here's the result I saw when completed.

We've added 500 free miles to your Aeroplan account for completing your home insurance quote.

To get 500 more free miles, call us to discuss your quote. It's that easy!
1-844-863-6146

For this offer, you can complete one quote per product (home, auto or bundle) and receive a maximum of 2,000 free Aeroplan miles. The maximum miles are available if you call to discuss your quote. Please allow 4-8 weeks after the completion of your quote for the free miles to be credited to your Aeroplan Member Account.

EDIT:
I just went through the telephone quote process for 500 miles.
I'd recommend doing on the online portion to get 500 miles, but another 500 miles ain't enough to go through the telephone process... unless you like to chat.

(What isn't mentioned is whether you're eligible for all 2000 Aeroplan miles, if you live in a province that doesn't have an open automobile insurance market. Not sure of that one...)

Last edited by jerry305; Apr 7, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:30 pm

RBC is doing a promo on their Cathay Pacific card. 15K Asia Miles sign up bonus plus another 15K for $7,500 spend in the first 3 months. Promo is going on until April 30.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:47 pm

RBC Business Avion promo,FYF for the first 2 business cards(for same business) and 20,000 welcome points.Ends May 31,2017
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by jubberly
RBC Business Avion promo,FYF for the first 2 business cards(for same business) and 20,000 welcome points.Ends May 31,2017
No online app, right? Just phone/in person?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
No online app, right? Just phone/in person?
Details,only,available online.

Last edited by jubberly; Apr 10, 2017 at 9:28 pm Reason: correction
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have the recon number for MBNA? Called the number provided on the application and they weren't helpful.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:52 am

what link to app online for rbc buss avion , i see call or visit branch , no app online ?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Allie Abby
what link to app online for rbc buss avion , i see call or visit branch , no app online ?
Just the link on RBC's website.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=RBC+B...s+May+31,+2017
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:23 am

What era are they in to have no online application form ?!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Avion -> AA goes from 1:1 to 10:7 starting in early May, max 500K Avion -> AA per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.