MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by ti3n1
I'll try to call in again to see if I can get a different answer. I'm perplexed.
I would think it is more likely to be due to too many apps in the last 3 months as opposed to the 710 score
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:00 pm

Earlier in 2015, Capital One discontinued the Aspire World Travel card and transferred existing cardholders to the Aspire Travel World Elite card, with the promise that the 10,000 points anniversary bonus would be grandfathered in for existing cardholders.

Has anybody here received their anniversary bonus? I just received my anniversary statement, but no 10k bonus. (Secure message sent, will update)
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
What happens when you transfer out e.g. MR points to a 0 balance and then Amex tries to reclaim MR? Do they put it as outstanding balance by conversion? Deduce it from future MR earnings? Try and deduct it from whatever you've spent/transferred it?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
What happens when you transfer out e.g. MR points to a 0 balance and then Amex tries to reclaim MR? Do they put it as outstanding balance by conversion? Deduce it from future MR earnings? Try and deduct it from whatever you've spent/transferred it?
They have no problem putting the MR balance in negative. Not sure what would happen if you attempt to close an account with a negative MR balance, though.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by barneyg_
Earlier in 2015, Capital One discontinued the Aspire World Travel card and transferred existing cardholders to the Aspire Travel World Elite card, with the promise that the 10,000 points anniversary bonus would be grandfathered in for existing cardholders.

Has anybody here received their anniversary bonus? I just received my anniversary statement, but no 10k bonus. (Secure message sent, will update)
Yes, I got mine in September...I even spoke with them to confirm I'd be getting it, and when.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zer0k1
They have no problem putting the MR balance in negative. Not sure what would happen if you attempt to close an account with a negative MR balance, though.
That's what I'm thinking... What if I just close the negative account... Or stop doing business with it
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:56 pm

got the MBNA Best western Credit card number since October, I don't have Best western rewards account that time, CSR said I need create a rewards account number and give to them (which is weird since I know Chase Marriott and AE SPG will give you new rewards account number when you don't put reward account number on application)..............Anyway on Nov 13th I called MBNA and give CSR my Best western rewards number : , but till today my Best Western rewards account still haven't got 40K points bonus, I called MBNA and escalate to manager, they said MBNA can't see when the points is transfer to Best Western rewards account and which account number it goes to, they suggest me to call Best western to find out........ I called Best western and they told me they search under my name only show 1 account and it's 0 points........I got run around by MBNA and Best Western and goes to nowhere
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I got run around by MBNA and Best Western and goes to nowhere
I had the same problem in March with Capital One and Delta because of some sort of bugs with my last name which contains a dash... Neither CO or Delta would recognize the problem. So I escalate the problem on the Delta part and the supervisor made a conference call with me and someone from Capital One by calling the customer service...

So they end up fixing the problem and Capital One call me a few days later to apologize : they doubled the sign-up bonus as a gesture (indeed I lost my time with 3-4 calls + one hour in the conference call).
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:17 pm

FYI I got the RBC Avion card December of 2014, a few months later I switched over to the RBC BA and rec'd the 30k BA Avios. November of 2015 I product switched back to the Avion card and did not receive another 15k welcome Avion points. I waited until 2 statements had closed to be sure, then I called, was put on a long hold and then was explained that product switching back to a card you've previously had will result in no welcome bonus.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:43 pm
bhp

Originally Posted by zer0k1
FYI I got the RBC Avion card December of 2014, a few months later I switched over to the RBC BA and rec'd the 30k BA Avios. November of 2015 I product switched back to the Avion card and did not receive another 15k welcome Avion points. I waited until 2 statements had closed to be sure, then I called, was put on a long hold and then was explained that product switching back to a card you've previously had will result in no welcome bonus.
Correct, only one bonus per account. I called and was told to apply for a new card that's considered a new account, sure enough, got my new bonus points from RBC, though that's a credit hit vs none for a credit card switch
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by bhp
Correct, only one bonus per account. I called and was told to apply for a new card that's considered a new account, sure enough, got my new bonus points from RBC, though that's a credit hit vs none for a credit card switch
So one of every bonus per account? Onto the westjet card...

Can I switch tht me presteige Avion and get 25k even though I wasn't eligible for 15k for Infiite? Would RBC prorate the AF if cancelled?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lulz

It's a Christmas miracle

130k miles that I bought for 650CAD just posted to my AA account.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Lulz

It's a Christmas miracle

130k miles that I bought for 650CAD just posted to my AA account.
That is awesome! Congrats
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
How did you buy 130k AA miles for 650CAD?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keitherson
How did you buy 130k AA miles for 650CAD?
Mostly because RBC messed up several times and I got lucky. The offer isnt there anymore though sadly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.