MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ep78
Sorry for the change of Topic.

Has anyone heard of a prepaid debit card which can be loaded through credit card (bill pay) without incurring cash advance fees on the cc? there is several options for this in US such as blue card (amex) or serve account (amex) and lately I have heard of RedCard (Target).
Not that I know of.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone heard of a prepaid debit card which can be loaded through credit card (bill pay) without incurring cash advance fees on the cc? there is several options for this in US such as blue card (amex) or serve account (amex) and lately I have heard of RedCard (Target).
Without load fees, no.

With load fees, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...per-month.html.

I have also seen PayPower Visa Reload Packs at Esso, but I'm not sure if these can be purchased with a CC and I don't know their associated load fees.

Last edited by nabeelj; Mar 13, 2015 at 1:37 pm
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:59 pm

Sorry for the change of Topic.

No such thing in Canada. They all have fees.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:19 pm

Milesbuzz: Canada

Has anyone been successful in purchasing any of the points in the USA daily getaways using a Canadian CC?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Has anyone been successful in purchasing any of the points in the USA daily getaways using a Canadian CC?
yes.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:36 am

I have tried on several occasions with no success. Any tips on how to do this?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
yes.
Originally Posted by dorif
I have tried on several occasions with no success. Any tips on how to do this?
I think you need a US Billing address to begin with

Probably more helpful if everyone stated their situation - Canadian CC with CAD billing address, or etc... otherwise there's no point to compare, it's YMMV
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:21 pm

Has anyone applied for the Alaska Airlines card recently?

I tried twice, one of the times it pulled my credit bureau security questions and both time it said pending but when I called they never received an application... they assured me it wasn't a credit pull but I am skeptical seeing as it was able to generate those questions... Where do they pull from?

Both times it was via the GCR link, but that shouldn't make a difference. Any ideas?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by zer0k1
Has anyone applied for the Alaska Airlines card recently?

I tried twice, one of the times it pulled my credit bureau security questions and both time it said pending but when I called they never received an application... they assured me it wasn't a credit pull but I am skeptical seeing as it was able to generate those questions... Where do they pull from?

Both times it was via the GCR link, but that shouldn't make a difference. Any ideas?
I applied earlier in the week via GCR - got the credit bureau security questions and got the pending approval message at the end.

Got the e-mail from GCR saying I have the $25 bonus pending, so I'm assuming approved.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by tng11
I applied earlier in the week via GCR - got the credit bureau security questions and got the pending approval message at the end.

Got the e-mail from GCR saying I have the $25 bonus pending, so I'm assuming approved.
IF I may ask...is this one of several active cards of the same type? Just wondering about the feasibility of that strategy post their IT conversion.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
IF I may ask...is this one of several active cards of the same type? Just wondering about the feasibility of that strategy post their IT conversion.
The card is still very churnable. I'm on my 3rd one post IT conversion. The only frustrating thing is it won't let me register the new cards on my existing MBNA login and makes me sign up for a new login every time. That's not a problem when the only transaction I make on each card is paying off the $75 annual fee.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Without load fees, no.

With load fees, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...per-month.html.

I have also seen PayPower Visa Reload Packs at Esso, but I'm not sure if these can be purchased with a CC and I don't know their associated load fees.
Regarding the Canadian paypower card, I found this thread on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ly-thread.html
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:05 am

delete

Last edited by zer0k1; Mar 16, 2015 at 7:31 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:30 am

I was declined for the MBNA Alaska card but was able to get it approved after offering to move $1000 credit from a different card over. Has anyone ever moved credit from another Alaska card in order to do the same?? Also, I offered $1000, could I have done it with less? what is the lowest credit limit this card can have?

Last edited by zer0k1; Mar 16, 2015 at 7:38 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by tng11

Good to hear, I'm applying soon as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.