Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

MilesBuzz: Canada

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerry305
Wiki Link
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

Old May 22, 13, 12:26 pm

CC rewards

I checked the website and the Marriott branded credit card from Chase is currently offering only 30,000 points for sign-up. I would wait and keep checking for an increase to 50,000 points before applying for the card.

We have been waiting for Choice Privileges branded credit card by MBNA to increase their offer since its been around 8000 points. They now have a 8,000 point for first purchase and an additional 16000 points for staying at a Choice property and paying with your card. There is no annual fee for this card so I applied for a second card for business use and was approved by taking some of the available credit from my first card to create my second card.

I plan to redeem my points in Europe this fall and hope that they have the same point requirements as last fall when hotels across Europe were 8,000 - 10,000 points per night. Those wanting to use points can check the Choice website for current points requirements and also check the Hotel / Choice forum for extra info.

Last edited by sailingman22; May 22, 13 at 12:33 pm
Old May 22, 13, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
May I suggest another way to introduce that line/kind of info in the wikipost?

Instead of giving detailed description and/or link in this post, you had provided all the terms, gif and offer in wikipost itself, which took a lot of wikipost space. As you can see, this newly added offer took up about half of the wikipost space right now. Why not just put a summarative line with a hyperlink to your original post, aka post#26? I don't think we need gif file in any wikipost, do we? If gif is in any other post in any given thread, I don't see a problem.

I think it will be easier for readers to follow when reading wikiposts that contains only highlight and important links/info. If every detail is spelled out in wikiposts, instead of the referenced posts/threads, as time goes by and threads grow, wikiposts may become so big to take over the 1st page of a thread.
Great idea.
Do you think we should put in links to other threads about how to book awards, or is that not really "Canadian" specific?
Old May 22, 13, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
Great idea.
Do you think we should put in links to other threads about how to book awards, or is that not really "Canadian" specific?

I think it would be appropriate to list Canadian blogs and threads (like Canadian Kilometers, which is awesome); couldn't hurt to put in a couple of site links like how to book awards, etc.... that are ON those sites, or at least link from them. Gimme a minute and I'll create an example on the wiki. Thanks.

Sorry for pruning the amex image; gotta keep that wiki tight. Thanks

Last edited by jerry305; May 22, 13 at 10:21 pm Reason: Bold stuff was added
Old May 22, 13, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
I don't see any problem with links to other threads as long as it fits the topic. I would think one of the goals/purposes for wikiposts is to provide pointers to threads where FTers discuss relevant topics.

Having said that, do you think this thread, "Milesbuzz: Canada", is about how to booking awards?

BTW, I have no tie with Canada and no horse in the game. You guys should decide what's best for this Canadian Milesbuzzing master thread.
Old May 22, 13, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Avion -> BA 1.5x is back in July per http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2013/05...rds-avion.html
Old May 22, 13, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

More!

This was a good day for new ideas for the thread. If you've got a new idea to add for miles promotion, cashback deals, or credit card promos, please create a post with all the details. Include links & pictures if you can.

Links and new posts will get aggregated into the wikipost at the top of the thread.

Thanks again!

ARCHIVED WIKI CONTENT FOLLOWS...
CURRENT PROMOS

Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer

A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information. For a full explanation of how to use the sheet, refer to http://www.pointsnerd.ca/best-current-credit-card-offers-2/

Scotiabank Passport™ Visa

Annual fee $139 + 1 free supplementary card

No Foreign Currency Conversion Fee

Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass™ membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrolment.

25,000 Scotia Rewards points, after first $1,000 in everyday purchases in the first 3 months (worth $250 on self-booked travel)

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/pers...nite-card.html

RBC Avion Visa

25,000 Points • First year free.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/camp/iav/1802/?ASC=3C6002&utm_source=RewardsCanada&utm_medium=3P B&utm_campaign=cards_aggregator

TD First Class Travel®Visa Infinite* Card

50,000 Points (= $200 to $250 value) • First year free. Offer extended to June 3, 2018.

Best Western Rewards® Platinum Plus MasterCard®
There is no annual fee. - Earn 40,000 Best Western Rewards® points on your first purchase – qualifying you for two free nights - Will be awarded "Gold Status" upon first use of your credit card and "Diamond Status" when you spend $10,000 in eligible purchases within one year - 1.99% promotional annual interest rate (AIR) on balance transfers for the first 10 full months - ... Note: the link that's prominently on MBNA's website only offers 20,000 points. Bonus: Best Western has a fantastic promo until the end of January: only 10,000 points per reward night at most properties; availability is becoming more limited for certain properties as this promo continues.

National Bank MasterCard $150 AF, 30,000 points https://www.nbc.ca/en/personal/credi...rld-elite.html

MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard: FYF ($89 AF), 10,000 bonus points

MBNA Alaska Airlines MasterCard: $75 AF (Sign up through GCR to get $60), 25,000 miles ($1k min. spend), companion fare discount code (US$99 + Taxes). FlyerTalk discussion thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...astercard.html

Capital One® Aspire Travel™ Platinum MasterCard®

Get 10,000 bonus reward miles when you spend $500 on net purchases in the first 3 months after account opening - a value of $100 in travel - No Annual Fee - Platinum MasterCard benefits, including Travel Accident insurance and Baggage Delay coverage

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-card...-29-14-49-C230

BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard

First year FREE ($120 annual)

3,000 Air Miles (1K when you first use card + 2K when you spend $3K/90 days)

Companion Flight Rebate

Priority Pass membership + two annual complimentary passes ($150 value)

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/cr...te-mastercard/

AMEX 2018 discussion https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2018-a.html

Canadian American Express Cards: a separate FlyerTalk thread (2017 discussion)

(2016 discussion on Canadian Amex) separate FlyerTalk thread

(2015 discussion on Canadian Amex) separate FlyerTalk thread

FYF = First Year Free • AF = Annual Fee • GRC = Great Canadian Rebates • RFD = Red Flag Deals

Last edited by jerry305; Apr 25, 19 at 2:14 pm Reason: ARCHIVED WIKI CONTENT added to this old post, just as a backup.
Old May 23, 13, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Nestle returns to Aeroplan

http://www3.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...r=NestleCanada

NESTLÉ CANADA

EARN UP TO 100 AEROPLAN MILES WITH EVERY ELIGIBLE NESTLÉ PURCHASE
Until July 30, 2013, earn up to 100 Aeroplan Miles with every participating purchase of specially marked Nestlé products.

Visit www.Nestle-Aeroplan.ca and enter your Aeroplan Number and PINs to quickly and easily deposit your miles.
Old May 24, 13, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Best Western: 2,000 Aeroplan miles per stay May 13 - August 31, 2013

2,000 Aeroplan miles per Best Western stay May 13 to August 31 / 13
Appears to be an improvement over the previous bonus Aeroplan offer.
2,000 AP miles per stay (250 base plus 1,750 bonus) between May 13 and August 31 / 13.
Valid at BW properties in Canada, USA, and Caribbean. Receive bonus AP miles on a maximum of 5 stays.
Registration required.

Link to Aeroplan website

Thanks to thebobmc for posting this offer on BW forum.
Old May 31, 13, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

(Ontario only) Direct Energy: 500 Aeroplan for receiving emails

Thanks to supernewfcombo for starting a thread about this.

THREAD:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ct-energy.html

DETAILS:
Sign up by June 30. Using a "secondary" email address to receive these emails seems to be okay. Looks to be an easy 500 Aeroplan points. Ontario residents only.

LINK:
http://www2.directenergy.com/aeropla...x?Promo=HAC001
Old Jun 4, 13, 10:04 am

CIBC Aergold/Aventura cards, 15K sign-up bonus, 1st year fee waived with $500 minimum spend, through June 28th:

Aerogold Visa Infinite
Aerogold Visa
Aventura Visa Infinite
Aventura World Elite MC

Get similar deal through call centre, no minimum spend, through August: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cibc-.../#post16901776
Old Jun 5, 13, 11:53 am

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
(Ontario only) Direct Energy: 500 Aeroplan for receiving emails

Is anyone already receive sales call from Direct Energy. Hope they will not call everynight.
Old Jun 5, 13, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ncncyoo View Post
Is anyone already receive sales call from Direct Energy. Hope they will not call everynight.
Did you give them your real phone number? And your real email address?
Old Jun 6, 13, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just got an email for this today. It is good until August 31.

Right now, get a 100% annual fee rebate and 15,000 miles on your first purchase with CIBC Aerogold Visa.

So annual fee waived first year and 15k miles with one purchase. No minimum spend requirement.
Old Jun 6, 13, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post

Right now, get a 100% annual fee rebate and 15,000 miles on your first purchase with CIBC Aerogold Visa.

So annual fee waived first year and 15k miles with one purchase. No minimum spend requirement.
Please provide the link in the email.
Old Jun 6, 13, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post

Isn't that the same thing a few posts above?

Search this Thread