Canadian Points University - Calgary - November 3-4, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold

Canadian Points University Conference #PointsuYYC - November 3-4, 2017

What is it?

Canadian Points University is the first all Canadian conference series created by and for travel enthusiasts to come together and learn how to use their miles and points to maximize flights, hotel stays and trips. Discussions are exclusively focused on content for a Canadian audience

What's in it for me?

CPU offers the ability to network with fellow engaged and passionate travel addicts as well as a core group of Canadian Travel Bloggers.

Oh and we also have amazing prizes to give out. And while we can't disclose them (because we are still negotiating with sponsors), to give you a bit of a flavour, last year we had prizes including:
  • 25,000 SPG Points
  • 10,000 SPG Points
  • 15,000 Aeroplan Miles
  • 2 x $150 CAD Air Canada Gift Cards
  • One year Premium service ExpertFlyer subscription
  • 15,000 Marriott Rewards points

What is next?

After a successful launch event in Vancouver in January 2016, and its subsequent follow up in Toronto, CPU is returning for an event in Calgary in November. Details are at http://www.pointsu.ca and we will update the event with details as they become available.

For this year's event, we will have a new format that focuses on learning. Rather than a conference styled event where you go to listen to speakers, we will have intimate roundtable discussion with hands-on demonstrations so that you can learn and ask your questions as you go.

We'll have separate streams for beginners, intermediate users and of course for experts. We truly believe that this new format will not only help people learn but also establish those relationships and networks that are so very important in this game.

Here's an example of some of the topics we plan on covering:
  1. How to Maximize Loyalty Programs
  2. How to Get Hotel and Airline Status
  3. How to Find Flight Award Availability
  4. How to Build Complex Award Redemptions
  5. A Guide to Getting US Credit Cards
  6. Manufactured Spending Opportunities in Canada

Most importantly - in spirit this is meant to be a community event and we want it to be created by Canadians and for Canadians. As such we’d like to get your feedback on what content you would like to see at the event. The more feedback the better!

Promo Codes

The Early Bird tickets that provided a $30 discount sold out in 12 hours so we have a coupon that provides $25 off for the first 20 people that use it. As of the writing of this post, 7 have already been claimed so hurry and use the coupon so you don't miss out!

$25 off Coupon - EMAIL25

If you happen to read this after the coupon has been used up, feel free to use POINTSNERD for $20 off. This coupon is good to use until the conference starts.

If you want to register directly, please go to https://www.picatic.com/pointsuyyc

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by llcooljayce; Aug 31, 2017 at 10:45 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, VA Velocity, Alaska, BA Avios
Man those YYZ prizes were awesome. I had a great time at YYZ and look forward to meeting more people in YYC.

Great chance to post here about things you want to hear or learn about?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:13 pm

Looking forward to attending.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Looking forward to the event.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
For those that are on the fence, check out the website at www.pointsu.ca

A tentative agenda is posted so you can get a sense of what's in store!

Use code "PointsNerd" for $20 off admission!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I registered. Looking forward to it!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
What's the cheapest way to park for those of us from in town? The airport economy parking?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:06 am

Anyone else at the Delta tonight (Fri.)?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Wanted to thank everybody for coming out! It was great to see familiar faces and many new ones as well!

Here's the twitter stream of pics from the event: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...sUYYC&src=tyah
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
At PointsU, a certain boutique store in Winnipeg was discussed.
Soon after PointsU, I visited that store. Anyone wanting to know my experience is welcome to PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.