Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
The 2ed 2500 miles posted today. I never emailed anyone, I never posted a scathing post here about how awful catera is, I didn't get all worked up about not getting 83k miles. I simply spent $5 and waited to see what the outcome of my small lottery ticket would be. Sometimes they return nothing, this time I get 5k miles. Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Saas
Thanks! I learned a long time ago you can't make everyone happy, so I decided focus on the one person that I can make happy - ME.
I am glad that people here got to obtain the 5k miles for a mere few bucks and no posting nor worrying about it. I really am.

In fact I gotta say I'm actually excited there have been so many here who did nothing but just sit back and get a basically free 5k miles out of this!

It further proves my theory that many entities such as the AA mall and Cartera dont care about waste or solving things in efficient manners.

But the point of my talking on this thread has always been about the FACT that it can pain many here when a company like Cartera does not follow through on its plan or makes a blunder that sends everything into a tail spin. We have gone over every angle on this, but I think one thing stands out as most important:

If something happens to you--like, say you sign up for some miles promo and it fails to come through for you, I find it is better to work WITH people who went through the same thing (and you find them on forums like this one) and try to discover a solution together than to just work alone.

Sure, a person like those in here who got out of it with not a lot of work may get lucky now and then and so, okay, it doesn't even cost you any stress because you didn't have to do anything and your 5k miles posted--this time. But if you do need to get things done on this or other similar situations, it also helps to have people to work with down the line.

I have come far with many previous miles situations BECAUSE of that philosophy. I have been fortunate to have people to rely on when things do NOT work out the easy way.

My goal in here is not to make everyone happy, but if we pool our resources we can make everyone in here have a fighting chance at getting those same 5k miles too.

Mine should eventually post but I do not absolve Cartera just because of that. Nor should anyone else. Not until that company fixes whatever it was that made all this take place to begin with. Because if they don't, it could be YOU who has to suffer through something the next time around.

I'm just sayin.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Received my second set of 2500 miles today. Offsets the lack of response from the Delta deal as I am yet to see even the piddly 500 offer they made. Thanks to all on this thread as once again the collective power of FT prevails with at least a response from the parties involved.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by myefre
The 2ed 2500 miles posted today. I never emailed anyone, I never posted a scathing post here about how awful catera is, I didn't get all worked up about not getting 83k miles. I simply spent $5 and waited to see what the outcome of my small lottery ticket would be. Sometimes they return nothing, this time I get 5k miles. Thanks!
^ Isn't life so much nicer without all the drama? (yes.)
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brasov02
^ Isn't life so much nicer without all the drama? (yes.)
What makes you think the drama ends when the second tranche drops?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
What makes you think the drama ends when the second tranche drops?
For some the drama will never end, it is part of who they are.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:27 pm

With all these pay outs of miles in the last few days it looks like they had to let a few IT guys go.. Or maybe they just lost there host server. But either way there web portal has been so unreliable lately.. I dont remember it going down or just being non-accessible as it has been lately
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by ibrick
With all these pay outs of miles in the last few days it looks like they had to let a few IT guys go.. Or maybe they just lost there host server. But either way there web portal has been so unreliable lately.. I dont remember it going down or just being non-accessible as it has been lately
Maybe they have another hot deal going on.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have been fortunate to have people to rely on when things do NOT work out the easy way.

I am very glad to be able to learn from all of you, because there are a lot of times in the points world, when things don't work out as expected.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ibrick
I've had no trouble at all accessing the portal site, and I use it often. Maybe they just decided to block the IP addresses of certain problem customers ...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 6:22 pm

uh oh

Originally Posted by QL_714
Maybe they have another hot deal going on.
Looks like they might have another deal...I just got an extra 2500 posted to my AA account (not AA shopping, my real AA account). So, total of 7500. Same date as the other two that posted...and during the time of glittergate, i actually bought two separate items through AA Shopping (would have irregardless of glittergate). But I can't get into AA Shopping right now to see exactly what its for. Wonder what T&C's they will stand behind this time to take them back...these idiots have got some serious problems in their company and their incompetence is starting to really annoy me. I'm with MM, these guys need to fix their crap b/c it is simply appalling and nobody wants to hold them accountable for repeatedly screwing up.

EDIT: Just got into my account, and yep, they gave me an extra 2500 for the other purchase I had. So, in theory, it seems if you bought several times during their timeframe, you would have gotten 2500 points for each purchase. I know, some on here will say i should keep quiet and not say anything and just keep my miles (afterall, Cartera is monitoring this), but screw them, i'll risk my 2500 miles to expose everybody to the genius corporation that is Cartera. Simply a pathetically run company.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Oct 12, 2011 at 6:32 pm
Old Oct 12, 2011, 6:39 pm

well said
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Which explains your and a few others' constant attendance and participation in this thread! Drama queens!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by masonp123
Which explains your and a few others' constant attendance and participation in this thread! Drama queens!
No ... audience participation!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:43 pm

my hunch is cartera is staying on top of crediting the second round of 2500 miles so that the people credited won't be able to complain further as there was probably language of some sort stating that once you receive the bonus miles that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.