Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: AA++
Received 2500 miles

Hi All,

I haven't kept up with this for a while. I bought 2 items last time from verizon wireless / AA eshopping for the 60k something miles bonus each.

I recently checked my AA account, and they credited me with 2500 miles only.

Is this the same as everyone else?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ssg10
Hi All,

I haven't kept up with this for a while. I bought 2 items last time from verizon wireless / AA eshopping for the 60k something miles bonus each.

I recently checked my AA account, and they credited me with 2500 miles only.

Is this the same as everyone else?
Well you did it right: You left this thread and have not been back til now, when the 2500 miles made it into your account. You didn't have to suffer through all the crap around that.

Basically, that's about what ended up happening or is supposed to happen to everyone, but only some (you may be among those few some) seem to have had it happen seamlessly. For example, I have seen nothing except one pending 2500 but it's not showing up in AA yet.

AA mall and its backgrounder partner in crime, Cartera decided to give 2500 to shut everyone up.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
My two verizon orders don't even show up in the shopping portal. So first I had to contact them and they still haven't gotten back to me and then I have get it straightened about with Cartera separately maybe. But then again I did refuse the FEDEX package once I realized this wouldn't be honored so maybe no miles for me? But Verizon still hasn't refunded my money either and it's been 2 months so I had to contact them. Sometimes when things go wrong they really go wrong...all this work for no possible return
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Cartera apparently is not short on cash or they would not have chosen to hire one of the best GLOBAL law firms to represent them. In this case, the lead attorney is a very experienced gentleman out of Washington DC

http://www.lw.com/Attorneys.aspx?pag...io&attno=00736

This tells me two things:
  1. Cartera knows how badly they screwed up and they will attempt to bully anybody into accepting the 2500 mile offer
  2. Cartera cares nothing about the consumer and would rather spend $250000 in legal fees than in miles to make it right.

Either way this looks really really bad for Cartera. Even if they beat every single one of us in court, they will lose in the court of public opinion.

Cartera can't win this at all. And the worst part this is, this was a manageable situation, but now it is beyond repair for them.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Got the offer for the 2500+2500miles. First set of miles are pending. Just completed my 2nd purchase, we'll see how it goes..
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Thumbs up second round - 2500 miles

Finally second round of 2500 miles showed up in my shopping account as pending today. I made the purchase (for second incentive) on 8/31 and waiting for 45 days to pass to contact Cartera. Don't have to. ^
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Cartera apparently is not short on cash or they would not have chosen to hire one of the best GLOBAL law firms to represent them. In this case, the lead attorney is a very experienced gentleman out of Washington DC

1. Cartera knows how badly they screwed up and they will attempt to bully anybody into accepting the 2500 mile offer
  2. Cartera cares nothing about the consumer and would rather spend $250000 in legal fees than in miles to make it right.

Either way this looks really really bad for Cartera. Even if they beat every single one of us in court, they will lose in the court of public opinion.

Cartera can't win this at all. And the worst part this is, this was a manageable situation, but now it is beyond repair for them.

I don't see anything about Cartera in that link, not even a mention of it.

And as far as long out in the court of public opinion - nonsense.

The time the next good deal comes along, and it just happens to be on a Cartera powered website, you'll be the first to purchase through that site. You can't control yourself
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:48 pm

Thanks for this info. My second purchase was made on 8/27, but the second 2500 has not shown up yet.

Originally Posted by virtuo0
Finally second round of 2500 miles showed up in my shopping account as pending today. I made the purchase (for second incentive) on 8/31 and waiting for 45 days to pass to contact Cartera. Don't have to. ^
Old Oct 8, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
[*]Cartera knows how badly they screwed up and they will attempt to bully anybody into accepting the 2500 mile offer
Not sure how you define "bully" but Cartera simply gave me 2,500 miles after a simple email inquiry about their mistake. Don't think that quite qualifies as bullying in my particular dictionary.
And actually, if there is any bullying going on here, you might say it's being done by all those who are throwing silly tantrums with empty threats of legal action for what they knew from the beginning was a mistake.
Just a thought.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
...all those who are throwing silly tantrums with empty threats of legal action for what they knew from the beginning was a mistake.
83K was clearly a mistake, but I'm in the group who did Delta's 2,300 offer for ~$5 and was promptly Carteraed (verb) -- they wouldn't negotiate but did deposit 500 "courtesy" miles, as others report. I emailed a polite stink about it (even got a callback from a head Carteraian to discuss). I told him the 2,300 offer wasn't "clearly a mistake" compared to the 83K or in its own right, and should be shown >500 miles, but he gave the company line and I just dropped it.

In every one of the personal emails I've received from Cartera, they add new misinformation, really -- mistaking me for a different customer and different offer, for example, and giving further false information. Incredible. I'll steer everyone I know away from Cartera.

Last edited by NewArrival; Oct 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Thanks for this info. My second purchase was made on 8/27, but the second 2500 has not shown up yet.
I'm on the same boat as you. Hopefully we don't have to go after Cartera again for the second set of 2500. Any of you guys have the first 2500 posted in your AA account and not just as pending only on the shopping mall?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond

You think it would only be $250,000 in miles to pay everyone off? You are probably at least an order of magnitude off. I do not think that it was ever manageable for Cartera. Many people are insisting on the full mile value and anything less would have still caused an uproar. They were in a no win situation and I tend to believe that if anyone actually does take them to court, Cartera will win.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:50 pm

First 2500 confirmed for two accounts. Second 2500 is pending after a 79 cent Staples purchase for both accounts.

8/11/2011 10/8/2011
Valued eShopping Member Mileage Purchase Compensation
2500 PENDING

9/20/2011 9/23/2011
Staples.com
$0.79
3 PENDING

8/10/2011 9/20/2011
Valued eShopping Member Mileage Compensation
2500 CONFIRMED
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
I'm on the same boat as you. Hopefully we don't have to go after Cartera again for the second set of 2500. Any of you guys have the first 2500 posted in your AA account and not just as pending only on the shopping mall?
Yes the 1st 2500 posted and as of today the 2nd 2500 are pending.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by crzn
Yes the 1st 2500 posted and as of today the 2nd 2500 are pending.
I have my second 2500 pending even though my Advance Auto Parts order of $0.05 shows that I am getting 0 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.