Reload this Page >

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:38 pm

No sign of the second bonus, but I emailed Cartera and got a response that the second bonus will post 45 days after the second purchase. They count the post date (not the purchase date). Weird. Since my post date is approx two weeks from the purchase date, I'll have another two weeks or so before I should see the remaining 2500 post.

Just wanted to share in case some of you are in the same boat and wondering where the second half of the miles is.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
What email did you send to? I sent one to the list mentioned earlier in the thread, but have not received a response from any of them.

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
No sign of the second bonus, but I emailed Cartera and got a response that the second bonus will post 45 days after the second purchase.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:07 am

Not having read anything after page 100, are people getting some bonus miles out of this?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Shimon
Not having read anything after page 100, are people getting some bonus miles out of this?
I believe so far ppl have been getting 2.5K miles plus potential another 2.5K with commitment of second purchase from AA shopping.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by yoyo
I believe so far ppl have been getting 2.5K miles plus potential another 2.5K with commitment of second purchase from AA shopping.
slowly, some people have, yes.

I have waited the 45 days and have not yet seen the second 2500.
But Cartera has emailed me stating it will come, and also they know they missed my wife's first 2500
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:41 pm

can't even login

Can anybody even log into the website? everytime i go and try to login lately, it goes nowhere...it's like the login button is dead. This group is nothing but a joke...somebody please buy these fools out and put us all out of our misery.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Can anybody even log into the website? everytime i go and try to login lately, it goes nowhere...it's like the login button is dead. This group is nothing but a joke...somebody please buy these fools out and put us all out of our misery.
Yes. As it happens, I made three separate purchases at different times today, all through the mall. After seeing your post, I just went and logged in again (although I didn't try to make a purchase).

The site was down for a brief while on Friday evening, IIRC. Perhaps, if you tried to log in at that time, your browser cache is still loading a "dead" window. If that's the case, clearing your cache should fix the problem.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I can tell you that on my FF browser I can get into AA.com and even go thru the motions of nearly booking a reward flight with them. My miles all show up as well. My wife can also log in.

On the AAdvantage mall sites, we can also both get in and so far everything is showing CONFIRMED, meaning it has in fact been sent over to AA.com, which it has for both of us.

So far I have the first 2500 and I show one of my two transactions made that should bring the second 2500 (and was more than 45 days ago)

My wife's does not yet show the first 2500 but Cartera CS has acknowledged that they will put it in her account. Her first purchase (not yet 45 days old) does show up already.

We are both awaiting other purchases and once these show up and once we get those second 2500's we are going to ask to have our AAdvantage mall accounts deleted.

Not doing any more mall business. on the currently run AA mall set up.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Oct 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm Reason: small typos in reference to my wife's AA mall purchase now fixed
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:38 pm

Got my first set of 2500, second has not arrived.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Not doing any more mall business. on the currently run AA mall set up.
Same here, but I would've become a great customer if a non-insulting settlement offer had been made. 25k anybody??
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: AA, HH Gold, PCR Platinum,US
This has been one big pile, I know I don't speak for everyone, but I have gotten both 2500 bonuses and consider myself fortunate. I sure wanted more miles but, like in past posts, this was a lottery ticket and it wasn't a winner. My second bonus posted 1 week after my second purchase. I did however send Catera about 3 emails to get my first bonus started. Up until now I have always had good mileage posting from AA mall. Will seriously considered not doing business with them in the future.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
I recieved my bonuses as advertised in the time frame they told me.

They have been pretty good about posting my other purchases as well. Not the best run machine but I think 5k miles for a screw up is a pretty good settlement. I would still rather have cash back than miles for online purchases but I will roll with it
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:33 am

I got the first 2500 miles this morning, but the second has not yet posted to my account.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
After a couple of e-mails having them find my original purchase, as it wasn't showing up in the shopping mall, they finally sent me the e-mail promising me my 2,500 with another 2,500 with my first purchase. So much trouble for so little return. Why do we do this again? :/
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yas46377
After a couple of e-mails having them find my original purchase, as it wasn't showing up in the shopping mall, they finally sent me the e-mail promising me my 2,500 with another 2,500 with my first purchase. So much trouble for so little return. Why do we do this again? :/
we don't. period.

if they cant get it straight (have no more errors and delays with this or any postings of mall purchases) then we simply choose to NOT buy from these services and we simply opt to forgo any promised fake 'rewards' that may later post one day someday maybe.

Oh sure, many here HAVE gotten many things to post and sometimes very quickly, and sometimes in abundance - self included! But when those one or two or three or more bad apples come around that simply don't post correctly, who here will tell me it doesn't stink to have to now go chase those miles?

If you don't smell that stink when that happens to you, then you are lying ---or darn lucky that it has not happened YET. I say get out now whilst ye still have the chance!

As said earlier, once I see all miles post from everything I have done up til now, I will ask to have my AA mall account deleted (my wife's as well; and my UA MP mall acct too) and go elsewhere. If the powers that be ever figure this stuff out, they can woo me back with some new customer sign up bonus someday/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.