AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by uszkanni
Data point. My second 2,500 is now pending. My second purchase was a Nook eBook (or something like that) for 95 cents.
Originally Posted by akcae
How long ago did you make your second purchase?
According to the eShopping site, the 2nd tranche of 2,500 miles was "purchased" on 8/11 and posted on 10/3 (still pending, of course). The eBook shows a purchase date of 8/19 and a post date of 9/7. The first set of 2,500 miles has a "purchase" date of 8/10 and a post date of 8/31.

The list doesn't include the purchase that kicked off this whole thing (a glitter screen protector), maybe it was too long ago.

Don't know why the purchase date for the 2nd 2,500 miles is earlier than the actual purchase date of the eBook, but it looks like it typically takes 3 weeks for anything to get posted.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Yes, I now see that too.
Posted today, 10/3, 2500 pending.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by ComputerAge
If I could slap that B*tch at AA HQ that told me off today, I would.

I then poured myself a Glenfiddich, straight up, and like Firewind, started watching Pan Am.

I can honestly say I had a good sleep last night.
Greedy, you did not share that Glenfiddich, straight up, with us!

Rather than deal with all these 83K mile issues, I guess AA may just file for bankruptcy. I can see the headlines: "AA Files For Bankrupty Over Multi-Trillion Mile Liability Caused By Its Flakey Agent Cartera."
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
So, am I accepted?
Nope. One more on the ignore list... this thread claims another one!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by mreed911
Nope. One more on the ignore list... this thread claims another one!
Ditto that. (What "13-year-old" uses "damn well" in any usage let alone common usage.)
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking for my 2nd tranche...

"We're undergoing server maintenance.
Please try back later."

Probably loading some "fresh" bait.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Please try back later."

yup i see the same thing this morning.

Last edited by ibrick; Oct 4, 2011 at 3:50 am
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Please try back later."

yah... and I am now beginning to see why angry computer hackers do what they do to company sites. Know what I mean?

I kinda wish I were one.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I then poured myself a Glenfiddich, straight up, and like Firewind, started watching Pan Am.

I can honestly say I had a good sleep last night.
In the case of a single malt, and perhaps other beverages, that would be called "Neat". ^

And I actually did similarly, but forgot to put it in my post.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Haha, nice one. My dad forgets to log into HIS flyertalk account.

But let me introduce myself because I feel that none of you know me for who I really am.

My name is ComputerAge and I'm a 13 year old travel extraordinare who does all the FFP managing for my family, all the travel planning for my family, and YES, all the angered phone calls to airlines for my family.

I appeared on the game show JEOPARDY! on Kids Week (and I damn well got AAdvantage miles for that flight)

I think that some of you think of me differently, but honestly I can see myself like one of you people in the future (Business oriented and mile-obsessed). Along the likes of Clooney in Up in the Air. Except not having relations with a married woman You don't know how much I DREAM to get elite status (at least for my mom, so when we travel we can be respected). Haha, this may seem pathetic to some of you 5MM.

So, am I accepted?

##
Comp
^ ^ ^

So, welcome further to our net (take that and what follows as you may). But I should warn you to stay far, far away from Marathon Man and others of similar ilk here. In our generation, he was called "The Candyman" or even "Mr. Tambourine Man" in an anthem back in the day. He would lead you into a life of depravity. This will become like drinking salt water. There will never be enough. And the other reprobates that you will take up with in your descent will make you feel good about it, even as your life - the life you could have led - slips away from your grip. But then, on the other hand...

[All the above except the welcome is sarcasm. One more tip: Sarcasm is very difficult to apply in writing, and is best identified soon after it is, when it is. Apologies for coming off pedantic. Lessons many never learn, as I did, the hard way.]*

And please stick around. It will be interesting, to this FTer anyway, to see how you see all of this.

* Also, this whole response is in the serious hope that you're not already bluffing. Which would be ten times worse than poorly-done sarcasm.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Related?

AA.com is having issues too.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post17179708
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Firewind
^ ^ ^

In our generation, he was called "The Candyman" or even "Mr. Tambourine Man" in an anthem back in the day. He would lead you into a life of depravity. This will become like drinking salt water.
Nah, Mr Smuggsworth - from Willy Wonka! hahahaha
It all makes me reallllllllllllllly wonder: WHO is in charge of QC and who is proofreading things before they go out?

yes, very related. Same type of inept, probably poorly paid, non caring individuals managing these things as the malls!

Some say some Cartera uper management and or its lawyers had been reading this thread and pulling out bits to support their claims that WE are the culprits. And claims that stall efforts to actually get those 2500/2500 miles too! I really wonder if these loser-lawmen and these scam-ridden Cartera execs have been reading ALL points of view or just the ones they like and feel they can use? Are they learning anything from all of this? I do not think so. I think they are just like what Forest Gump said: Stupid is as stupid does. I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
...I think they are just like what Forest Gump said: Stupid is as stupid does. I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
Well, it's at least what his mama said, "...like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
^ ^ ^

So, welcome further to our net (take that and what follows as you may). But I should warn you to stay far, far away from Marathon Man and others of similar ilk here. In our generation, he was called "The Candyman" or even "Mr. Tambourine Man" in an anthem back in the day. He would lead you into a life of depravity. This will become like drinking salt water. There will never be enough. And the other reprobates that you will take up with in your descent will make you feel good about it, even as your life - the life you could have led - slips away from your grip. But then, on the other hand...

[All the above except the welcome is sarcasm. One more tip: Sarcasm is very difficult to apply in writing, and is best identified soon after it is, when it is. Apologies for coming off pedantic. Lessons many never learn, as I did, the hard way.]*

And please stick around. It will be interesting, to this FTer anyway, to see how you see all of this.

* Also, this whole response is in the serious hope that you're not already bluffing. Which would be ten times worse than poorly-done sarcasm.
Thanks

And no I'm not bluffing Firewind

http://www.queenscourier.com/article...3240937954.txt

I look terrible in the above article.

And in the case of mreeds and bravo, go ahead and be "hating on me." I hope it gives you satisfaction to personally insult a 13 year old. Definitely makes you the bigger person.

Last edited by ComputerAge; Oct 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:46 pm

My name is ComputerAge and I'm a 13 year old travel extraordinare who does all the FFP managing for my family, all the travel planning for my family, and YES, all the angered phone calls to airlines for my family.

I appeared on the game show JEOPARDY! on Kids Week (and I damn well got AAdvantage miles for that flight)

I think that some of you think of me differently, but honestly I can see myself like one of you people in the future (Business oriented and mile-obsessed). Along the likes of Clooney in Up in the Air. Except not having relations with a married woman You don't know how much I DREAM to get elite status (at least for my mom, so when we travel we can be respected). Haha, this may seem pathetic to some of you 5MM.

So, am I accepted?

##
Comp

Learn some humility and you'll go far in life son.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.