[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by lktakeoff
Any thoughts on how many months I should maintain the funds in the a/c to receive the points.

LK
Funds have to remain in the account for 9 months...you get the first half of points within a few weeks of funding and the second half after the account has been open for 6 months...in my experience.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:06 pm

This is all summarized in post 929 linked by the OP. Read it. To transfer more than 25K you need to wait 1 week for your bank account to be verified. No need need to keep the funding in for 6 months. The miles post up front. I don't know of anyone needing to wait 9 months or who had miles revoked (other than 1 person who was a fool).
Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lktakeoff
Thanks so much for your suggestion, I will be reaching out to TD Ameritrade. Any thoughts on how many months I should maintain the funds in the a/c to receive the points.

LK
Originally Posted by joyful1
Funds have to remain in the account for 9 months...you get the first half of points within a few weeks of funding and the second half after the account has been open for 6 months...in my experience.
If you sign up via the normal process, that is how it works.

If you sign up via exception then the full bonus posted in 2 days. Though you do not want to withdraw the fund as TD does have ability to craw back the bonus.

That is why I said unless you rely on the cycling funding, otherwise TD is a better offer - $25K for 25K AA miles (20K SPG transfer to 25K AA miles)

Originally Posted by HikerT
This is all summarized in post 929 linked by the OP. Read it. To transfer more than 25K you need to wait 1 week for your bank account to be verified. No need need to keep the funding in for 6 months. The miles post up front. I don't know of anyone needing to wait 9 months or who had miles revoked (other than 1 person who was a fool).
Joyful1 is talking about TD offer, not Fido offer.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:33 am
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:06 pm

I did the TD UA offer for my wife and me (individual accounts). Only deposited 10K each as that was the best deal for us. Got the initial 7,500 miles for both accounts very quickly and have to wait 6 months for the remaining 7,500 to post.

Will wait patiently.

I am going to try the 25K for the 20,000 SPG points as a joint account in the next few weeks.

Did the Fidp AA/DL for both of us. Did hers first and am still waiting for the DL miles. Got both AA and DL miles in my account. Called Fido and the rep said to wait 6-8 weeks. Obviously, he knows less than I/we do.

Will wait a few more weeks--impatiently.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Joyful1 is talking about TD offer, not Fido offer.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. It gets really confusing when people start discussing non-fidelity offers in this thread. It would really help if people could find the appropriate thread to discuss other offers. Also, the incessant whining about fidelity doesn't add value to this thread either. Weren't we done with that 3-4 months ago?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HikerT
Ah, thanks for clarifying. It gets really confusing when people start discussing non-fidelity offers in this thread. It would really help if people could find the appropriate thread to discuss other offers. Also, the incessant whining about fidelity doesn't add value to this thread either. Weren't we done with that 3-4 months ago?
Nobody is whining. People are doing both offers. There is no separate thread for TD.

The only reason I post to your post earlier is due to your total misunderstanding of joyful1's post.

If one can earn 25K AA mile via 20K SPG pts for only $25K, wouldn't this better than Fido's 50K AA miles for $100K? At least if the T and Cs are enforced at both brokerages. Since Fido does not enforce, or has no ability to enforce, it gives the loophole of cycling money as well as the possibility of double dip - it has an edge over TD's offer because one can "cheat" one's way to earn more miles (nothing wrong with that). However it is not a given even though many have been successful - there are occasional failures, too. The TD offer is a given as long as you observe the rules which are exactly the poster's question is about and exactly why others provide the answers. Different companies, different rules. It works with Fido would not work with TD, and vice versa.

Since both TD and Fido are brokerage houses, and since there is no separate TD thread, it is just a natural development that people would also mention about TD offer and how it works when someone asks. There is a question asked, 3 posts to give answer. Wouldn't those posts be far more helpful than a post that gave the wrong reply because the poster has no idea what others are talking about at the moment?

You just need to pay more attention to what others posting before jumping in without reading more carefully and totally misinterpret what others are discussing - the talking of alternatives to earn miles certainly serve the purpose for most any thread in this forum which the main purpose if I am not mistaken, is trying to earn miles and points.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:35 am
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:41 am

See thread title. I don't see TD Ameritrade listed. There are lots of noobs here as a result of TPG blogging this (as well as VFTW) so the less confusion added by discussing non-Fidelity offers the better. The terms and conditions and what's enforced are very different. People should not have to wade thru OT replies to figure out whether or not something relates to Fidelity. It would be far more value added to create a new thread if there isn't one about TD Ameritrade. Same for your disdain for Fidelity. Most of us got our bonuses and are quite satisfied.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Happy
Nobody is whining. People are doing both offers. There is no separate thread for TD. ....

Since both TD and Fido are brokerage houses, and since there is no separate TD thread, it is just a natural development that people would also mention about TD offer and how it works when someone asks.
What's natural and expected is to create a new thread to discuss a new topic. @:-)
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK - it's done. I've started a TD Ameritrade thread, so please move that discussion over to here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...us-thread.html

I'll update the OP, and put a link in the TD thread back to here.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:24 pm

I'm shocked! My wife's 50,000 Delta miles just posted.

On to TDAmeritrade.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Just wanted to give a big thank you to all who participated in this thread. I was able to get both the AA and DL miles via patient cycling over last year, and I really appreciate your help.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:39 pm

Delta miles (15,000) have posted for me as well. We will see if my additional deposit and/or cycling will get me more miles.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: All of em...
Sounds like a Happy New Year!! Hoping to start this offer in a few weeks!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Do the funds have to be in cash? I have most of my money with Fidelity anyway, but have some Vanguard mutual funds. If I transfer these into my Fidelity brokerage account, does this count as new money?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:14 pm

Same here - DL miles just posted this evening!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.