[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by cazic99
YEs I raead about 20 pages, I see people pulling money out or some leaving some in etc. But I was not aware that the T & C was so clear in the need of leaving funds in....
Well, I think the T&C is only 1 page of reading, grin. Don't worry about it. If you want to put money somewhere for 6 months to earn miles better off to put it in Bank Direct. Personally, I'd rather get both which is why I pulled my money after the miles posted and put it in Bank Direct.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
I would not recommend closing the account but I do not think you need to keep $100,000 worth of funding with Fidelity for 6 months either.
What happens if you had $100,000 but your investments lost $10,000? They would not take back those extra 25k miles, that would be pretty sleazy on their part.
Withdrawing part/all of your original funding and a decline in your account value are not the same thing. They would not claw back the miles for the latter. They have given themselves the right to do so for the former -- though it seems unlikely they can/will.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't mean to cross-post, but I know people often look here for these deals.

I just posted two threads, one in Delta and one in AA. Basically, Fidelity has a new tier in the new account opening bonus that allows for 50K miles. And if you know the tricks of Fidelity, and you don't have an account already, this should be pretty easy.

Here are the links:

Delta:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

AA:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01
I know . I know , in my 25 + pages of reading I read somewhere that the AA is for first time customers only.

I also read that some people called, and got the existing customer block waived. I got the ROCK. No good. I got offered the DL deal and 100 free trades in the first year. Anyone have any luck getting it waived and maybe a name to go with the luck ?

Just venting I guess.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Withdrawing part/all of your original funding and a decline in your account value are not the same thing. They would not claw back the miles for the latter. They have given themselves the right to do so for the former -- though it seems unlikely they can/will.
I appreciate the response but I think you misread my comment. It was a rhetorical question, meant to explain the difference btwn actual account balance and cumulative account balance.

As with most T&C's, Fidelity reserves the right to change or modify the offer at its discretion at any given time. I would never say never. It is best to play it safe and keep your account open as it clearly states in the T&C. It is up to you how much risk you are willing to accept for your mileage.

These are based only on my interpretation of this offer and nothing more. Call me an outlier.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've gotten a few messages asking me not to update the original post with a FAQ, and it makes sense for me not too, so I'm going to let it be.

If you want to learn, you've just got to read the thread, at least for now.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: United 1P
Can I earn 3 times bonus by opening accounts under my name, my wife's name and joint names? Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I've gotten a few messages asking me not to update the original post with a FAQ, and it makes sense for me not too, so I'm going to let it be.

If you want to learn, you've just got to read the thread, at least for now.
This deal is easy to figure out! Anybody that complains should be sent to the Tricks thread to see just what 'earning your turns' is all about!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by hobo13
This deal is easy to figure out! Anybody that complains should be sent to the Tricks thread to see just what 'earning your turns' is all about!
+1 ^
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by aragno
Wait specified 10+ days then deposit 100k. Or transfer 25k per day. That is what I did.
I did not print out registration confirmation email and it vanished. I asked fido to resend it.
I did not know I have to wait 10 days to transfer the. 100 k to an existing account.
Should I wait ?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:12 am

Hi, is the general consensus that if you fund the account before a saturday, the AA miles post over the weekend?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:14 am

Hi, is the general consensus that if you fund the account before a saturday, the AA miles post over the weekend?
not in that short week from my experienced.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Cal_92
... Your Fidelity account must remain open with the QUALIFYING funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.
A customer rep left me a voicemail recently "reminding" me of the rule of 6 months funding. This is after I pulled out most money after getting the miles.

But s/he did not mention what actions they will take if non-compliant.

Would appreciate anyone posting any engagement with them going forward.

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by accounted
not in that short week from my experienced.
So say I fund this past Thursday, the miles will not post this weekend but after Next Weeked? Is that the consensus?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Can someone get the full 50k miles with about $15k increments? From what I've read, about a week turnaround so it's possible to do it 90 days. Im wondering if fidelity has some sort of limit as to minimum initial deposit or number of times churning.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 7:33 am

So say I fund this past Thursday, the miles will not post this weekend but after Next Weeked? Is that the consensus?
correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.