Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:51 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
TOS 12 Reminder

MODERATOR REMINDER

It is turning into a thread of personal attacks lately. Please review the posting rules and pay specific attention to Rule 12.2 and 12.3 repeated below:

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Moderator Reminder

Thank You!!!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:47 pm

I've using SecretFlying FD for the last week to try and fight a flight such as Montreal-Paris-Montreal (or other european cities) I was just wondering if when it brings me to ca.kayak.com if I must click on select and initiate the transaction process (e.g. click select which redirects me to flighthub) or if I can see from the get go if my combination is working.

Also, I'm a student from Montreal with not much money and who enjoys a good challenge, really new to the Fuel dumping community and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips either online or face to face (if you live in Montreal)?

Thanks

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 7, 2016 at 2:34 pm Reason: TOS 7 and 10
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:57 pm

Orwell would be proud.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by QEternity
Orwell would be proud.
Yes, I agree.. the reasoning is sound.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by GeoK103
I've using XXXXXXXX FD for the last week to try and fight a flight such as Montreal-Paris-Montreal (or other european cities) I was just wondering if when it brings me to ca.kayak.com if I must click on select and initiate the transaction process (e.g. click select which redirects me to flighthub) or if I can see from the get go if my combination is working.
Why are you asking this here and not directing it to the website in question???

If you aren't aware, the tool in question is NOT helpful to this hobby and if you need reasons why, leaf back through this thread.

Originally Posted by GeoK103
Also, I'm a student from Montreal with not much money and who enjoys a good challenge, really new to the Fuel dumping community and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips either online or face to face (if you live in Montreal)?

Thanks
Tip #1: Read the wiki at the top and start again.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:32 pm

GeoK Welcome! First, the website you mention is a clicktrap. Just as the "error fares" they hype are usually bogus and/or unbookable, so is their tool a sham. Think about it: An real automated tool that the public could successfully use to obtain deeply discounted fares would become an instant victim of its own success -- why would airlines allow significant numbers of their customers to fly at greatly reduced rates? As mentioned above, if you read this thread you'll see there is some discussion of this. Also, do a search on "bogus error fare scam" and you'll see why you can't believe everything you read. Instead, read the last hundred pages of this thread. While you are doing this, use google flights and find a low cost flight to c2. You should be able to get one for <> $400 which is a good deal by any measure.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Trick it /negotiate it

deleted
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Triple TPAC One-Ways $ 189.74 per TPAC

Triple TPAC One-Ways $ 189.74 per TPAC with 4X
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:52 am

Attractive C2-C3se fares

C2-C3se RT for £183/$237, potentially lower based on destination. 3X (flyable if desired)

Can be OJ if desired for a few $ more or few $ less.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH DOMESTIC FARES WITHIN SINGAPORE.
lmao
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
I don't understand why, but I've recently seen two major OTAs provide lower final prices for fat-free flights than what ITA shows. I highly recommend checking all them out before purchasing!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:03 pm

I'm wondering if people find booking flights directly thru the airlines website to be less or more safe than booking through OTAs (small or large).

Last edited by Aesops17; Jul 10, 2016 at 1:03 pm Reason: answered
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:13 pm

Hi there! I just stumbled across this great method and forums and thought you cold give me a few hints and clues how to save a little money

I'm trying to dump a flight from sauerkraut to bobotie. (Sry, still unfamiliar with the exact code, hope it is unambiguous ) in September till October.

I found a flight at ET with a 19$ BF, YR 302$!!!! Unfortunately I struggle to make sense of the combinability rules, but it says e2e+side trips allowed... which is favourable I heard.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
DO NOT book on the airline website. That way you're giving away the 3x and they'll shut it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.