Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

The 2008 End of Year MR Thread..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2008 End of Year MR Thread..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
UA MR out of SFO - Need 2,126 miles.

Would prefer to do it in all one day.

SFO-FLL is an option but would prefer to do all UA metal, also looked at SF0-OKC that has mostly RJs.

Anyone have any other ideas? Can do it just about anytime.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

VVaderlust.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
Originally Posted by VVanderlust
Would prefer to do it in all one day.

SFO-FLL is an option but would prefer to do all UA metal, also looked at SF0-OKC that has mostly RJs.
You can expand your possible itins by departing out of SJU or OAK instead. Also, if you only need 2126 miles, there's no need to waste the time or money to go to Florida.

For example, I'm seeing SJC to MKC via DEN for $180 giving 2950 miles. Availability in November alone on the 12th, 17th, 18th, and 19th. If you absolutely need to leave out of SFO, OKC is your best bet at $199 for 2916 miles, possible dates in November are 4th (but you want to stay home and vote, right?), 10th, 11th, 15th, and 18th.

Both suggestions have all-mainline itins.

You might also want to check the same day return E-Fares at .bomb
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
Smile Booked SJC-MCI itn.

Thanks Ninja! I jumped on the $180 fare to K.C.!

VVanderlust.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by VVanderlust
Thanks Ninja! I jumped on the $180 fare to K.C.!

VVanderlust.
May I suggest that you dine at Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ. The best burnt ends in KC....And congrats on such a great deal! Has possibilities for me since AA is matching so thanks to Ninja for noting it!

Last edited by zipadee; Oct 24, 2008 at 11:47 pm
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Hi all,

Just calculated a need of 4000 miles out of BOS for the end of the year. Would like to do it on one day, preferably Fri/Sat/Sun. I guess a need this large originating from east coast means I have to make it all the way to the west coast and back, which is somewhat difficult since my first flight out can't be a red-eye.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, *Gold on UA, FlyingBlue Gold (matched), SPG Plat
Originally Posted by localkinegrindz
Hi all,

Just calculated a need of 4000 miles out of BOS for the end of the year. Would like to do it on one day, preferably Fri/Sat/Sun. I guess a need this large originating from east coast means I have to make it all the way to the west coast and back, which is somewhat difficult since my first flight out can't be a red-eye.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Ugh. I am in the same boat (need miles from BOS) to keep PLT on American, but will need about 5800 EQM. Unfortunately, I am very date limited since most of my free time to do a pure MR would be in the Nov. 21 - Dec. 1 time frame.

Looking at BOS-LGA for one leg (2000 EQM with bonus) and then finding a decent MR for 3800 miles and same day turnaround. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:30 am

This is not so much a MR but if I can find a decent fare, I'd like to take this trip.

My SO and I need to take a trip to Concord, NH from FLL/MIA. It seems flying into MHT (Manchester?) is too pricey. So, we were thinking of flying into Boston and renting a car or taking a bus to Concord. We can fly into PVD or BDL also (or whatever other airports are close... just not NYC because car rentals are too expensive). We are looking for cheapest, but would like to travel on an airline we frequent to build miles. Airlines we use are AA, DL, UA, US Airways. Our flights are flexible somewhat. We can leave on Oct 30/31/Nov 1 and return Nov 3/4/5. We would prefer to fly out of MIA or FLL (PBI is too far so we'd prefer not to).

I tried pricing on kayak/orbitz but it's showing us a little more than we'd like to spend.

Can someone help us find a cheap fare or point us to a better site to use? When we originally started looking, we were seeing rt for ~$200 now we're not able to get that anymore.

P.S. Flying United or USAirways would be a plus for me because I'm trying to re-up my expiration date on United, but not necessary because I have other options.

Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by triphop02120
This is not so much a MR but if I can find a decent fare, I'd like to take this trip.
This thread is for those need Elite Status Miles to requalify elite status for 2009.

Probably you better start new thread, but I don't think Mileage Run forum is not the place for asking cheap fares on the specific itinerary.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:00 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Hmmm... thinking about an 18.5K MR from DEN on UA. Perhaps DEN-SIN via HKG. Other thoughts on a fun place to visit for a day or two? A local Marriott would make it even more attractive.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:06 pm

Smile Need 10,000 miles

from ORD or MKE
on any SKYTEAM Member flights.
Thanks for any and all help.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:12 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ssh
Hmmm... thinking about an 18.5K MR from DEN on UA. Perhaps DEN-SIN via HKG. Other thoughts on a fun place to visit for a day or two? A local Marriott would make it even more attractive.
One more thing... I have 4 SWUs and am thinking of taking one of my daughters along... I'm not clear which booking class needs to be available for the SWUs...
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Need 5,062 AA EQM

I need 5,062 EQM on AA out of SAN to reach Exec Plat. Would like to go either the week of December 1 or week of December 15. Ideal would be to do this in one day, maybe a redeye followed by a return. I'm a complete MR newbie so any help is appreciated.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mbergen
I know this is a bit ambitious, but I had 2 European trips canceled on me earlier this year so now I'll be about 11,000 miles short of 1K.

I'd like to travel the first weekend in December, so I was looking at Dec 4 - 7 or somewhere in there. The fewer days the better, as hotel expenses add up pretty quick.
A couple of SFO-BOS trips will net you 10,800 for $800-900. You can do same day (or red eye) flights and avoid hotel costs, if you want to do a pure MR with all your time BIS.

I flew SFO-BOS last Thursday and was just gaping at all the folks on the red carpet - must be tough for us mere mortals to get upgrades out of SFO these days (mine didn't clear, by a long shot!)
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Nope..

Made Premier Exec for UA after spending this year as 1K. Im at 65K EQM and company killed all my biz travel due to economy.

So I will gladly NOT be doing any MR-ing and spending more weekends doing fun things

Spending a few grand for status suddenly lost a lot of its luster pretty quickly. I'll trade for the SWUs if I need them
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by reubencahn
I need 5,062 EQM on AA out of SAN to reach Exec Plat. Would like to go either the week of December 1 or week of December 15. Ideal would be to do this in one day, maybe a redeye followed by a return. I'm a complete MR newbie so any help is appreciated.
Look at SAN-FLL. A bit of creativity in the routing and $240 should get you everything you need. There are fares published as low as $180++ but I didn't dig too hard for available seats. ITA has plenty of options showing.

It might not be sexy, but it gets the job done.

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.