Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

The 2008 End of Year MR Thread..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2008 End of Year MR Thread..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rnocommuter
I may be joining you. I need 10,000 miles ex SFO bay area or RNO to reach 1K. This would be my first time at 1K. I thought about not bothering but was convinced it would be well worth the expense to reach 1K - so hopefully I can do it for $1,000 or less.
Between the economy slamming into recession mode, and the drop in fuel prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see some SERIOUSLY reduced overseas fares in late autumn and early winter.

Also, the December Mileage Runners (as a subset of travellers in general) had to be reduced in numbers by the DEQM last spring.

I'd expect to see 10-12K available in one TATL or TPAC run for under $600 a.i.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Last march there were x-usa fares to Germany for around $400.. I wouldn't be suprised to see that again soon, depending on how Delta has hedged their gas purchases... cant wait either, my football team are in the UEFA cup and playing in Gelsenkirchen... would love to go see them as a reward for a mileage run
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TonyTone
I need 8500 for Delta out of FLL, PBI, or MIA.
Thanks
What's your budget and what days are you available?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ITravelThereforeIam
I'm not one to ask for help in general (and with FT, it is more out of fear of being chastised severely,than in pride). Through diligence, and lurking, and reading, and clicking I have learned much over the years, and I am gold here and elite there and so forth, but what I really really want is a little love from CO. I find myself 8004 miles short for CO status for next year and I yearn to tread on the blue carpet again. Throwing my heart and soul onto the FT fire, I ask for your suggestions :-)

I am based in TUS, but could fly from PHX. I also have a RR on SW, so could conceivably fly from anywhere, including CO hub, IAH. I will actually be there for the Christmas holidays and wouldn't mind leaving my family to get the miles (they understand), if the right opportunity came up

In terms of flexibility, I can go just about any time, any day (I love my job), I can do overnights. I have constructed a couple of runs from TUS that will get me the 8,000 miles at a cost of about .06 per mile, but I know it is possible to do a lot better....I even tried to use my RR to FLL and do the SEA-FLL run twice, but that was still coming in at .05 pm and a waste of a perfectly good award. I'd rather GO somewhere and have a nice day there, but I am ok with it being all airport.

So prostrate before the gods of FT, I humbly ask for your assistance in finding something to earn the miles, doing better than .05 pm

thanks!
ITTIA
There are even cheaper options that I found, but the best one departing from Tuscon is TUS-ORF, via ATL on Delta (they're a skyteam partner of CO...you would just enter in your Onepass number on your DL itin). The fare is $174 a/i. Total miles each r/t is 4114 or 4.2 cpm. Do this twice and you're all set.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
Originally Posted by scotty00
There are even cheaper options that I found, but the best one departing from Tuscon is TUS-ORF, via ATL on Delta (they're a skyteam partner of CO...you would just enter in your Onepass number on your DL itin). The fare is $174 a/i. Total miles each r/t is 4114 or 4.2 cpm. Do this twice and you're all set.
I found something similar, but was concerned i wouldn't get the full eqms with CO by flying on Delta. I was a little confused by the language and when 50% would apply....I will check further - thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: UAL 1k
Originally Posted by pokecheckted
Between the economy slamming into recession mode, and the drop in fuel prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see some SERIOUSLY reduced overseas fares in late autumn and early winter.

Also, the December Mileage Runners (as a subset of travellers in general) had to be reduced in numbers by the DEQM last spring.

I'd expect to see 10-12K available in one TATL or TPAC run for under $600 a.i.
Yes - I'm thinking prices will go down from here before year-end. My only concern is whether UA will be in biz next year. I finally am within reach of 1K and it might all be for nothing.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, HHonors, Hertz Gold
I am also a RNO based UA flier. I will be just a smidge short of keeping my 1P status once all my business travel is done in mid-November. I need 5616 miles or 5 segments to requalify. Two years ago I did a MR to ALB for $215. My budget is $400 max. I can travel anytime after 4 p.m. on Fridays and through out the weekends starting Nov 22. I am happy to do a quick run after work during the week but must be back in RNO no later than 8 a.m. for work that next day.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:30 pm

I am 12k EQM short of gold on CO
OnePass Elite Level: Silver
SkyTeam Elite Level: Elite
Year to Date Elite Miles: 38,412
Year to Date Elite Points: 26
Any suggestion on a mileage run out of NYC area weekends only to achieve gold?

I am really new to this and the best i can find are runs at around 6 cents per EQM.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I am become Silver Elite on DL again. I am completely is done during MR from PHX-FLL-PHX for my last previously trip. It was for my birthday trip more miles toward FO. I will have my last trip for this 2008 for my next trip from PHX-JAX on Nov. 8. I will have started over again for next year in 2009 will able toward FO, Gold Medallion. It will be no guarantees that I haven't earned any more miles toward Gold Medallion for a long time.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by glenny84
I also need around 11k-12k on Continental to maintain plat. I did quite a bit more travel this year on United, and had a few trips get canceled near the end of this year on Continental. Austin, TX here. Weekends work well,as do redeyes that get into Houston on early monday mornings.

Thanks
A couple of three to PDX or SEA (although SEA isn't so good these days) will get you there. PDX was sub-200 for awhile. You did say Austin, correct?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Would love some help on this. I need six segments on AA out of MCI. I'd prefer to do same day Saturday or Sunday but could overnight on a Saturday night or leave late on a Friday after work.

Budget is max $300. Looking for weekend of Nov. 8-9 or Dec. 13-14 or Dec. 20-21 or Dec. 26.

I've looked at Santa Barbara or TYR as possibilities (the TYR is MCI-ORD-AUS-DFW-TYR) but it's a full day of travel for the four segments to TYR. Was hoping for three segments-three segments. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice would be appreciated. LIT, MSY, BTR, Texas and Southern California destinations would be preferred if needing to overnight but elite beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks much!!
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:18 pm

Wink Hi need mileage runs out of MKE or ORD

on any SkyTeam member. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
I need 9K from DEN or COS to reach 150K on UA. Everything I've searched comes up quite pricey. Help would be appreciated. I also have 2 SWUs I need to use.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG P, MR S
Originally Posted by mrswirl
If you're going to be in PHX anyway, you might find this thread interesting. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875185
PHX trip got cancelled, so I'm stuck trying to get 8600 EQM or 9 segments for AC-E.

I'm probably going to be on vacation (at home) the first two weeks of november, so mid-week MR is possible.....
Old Oct 18, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat
Try Route thru SEA and head to JAX

Originally Posted by rnocommuter
I may be joining you. I need 10,000 miles ex SFO bay area or RNO to reach 1K. This would be my first time at 1K. I thought about not bothering but was convinced it would be well worth the expense to reach 1K - so hopefully I can do it for $1,000 or less.
If you want to try a back to back MRs, look at JAX routing thru DEN or SEA X 2. Watch out for AS flights as you need EQMs on UA or US. It will be under $700 for 10,000+ EQM if you eat cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.