Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

The 2008 End of Year MR Thread..

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC

I know it's early... but.. it's almost here isn't it.. the end of the 2008 flying year

instead of everyone posting 1000 thread asking help on this run or that one.. just post it here, and hope that someone can find a good deal for ya..

I'm watching BHM from now until ...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
Sounds good...I need 7,300 on DL from NYC... preferably over a weekend day, or leaving Thursday or Friday returning the following day.

Thanks for the help everyone. I hope that by attending the MR Seminar next week I'll be able to help myself, but I thought that asking couldn't hurt.

By the way, weekends of Oct 17, Nov 1, Nov 8, and Nov. 15 are all taken by trips and/or mileage runs already. I am thinking of the weekend of December 5th for the trip.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
From NYC you should have no problem finding sub 4cpm fares..
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I will need 3095 from SEA to hit 150k on UA... sort of a funky amount needed...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I will need 3095 from SEA to hit 150k on UA... sort of a funky amount needed...
Hmmm... How about a quick trip to Columbus, OH for $200. 4.6cpm. Not AMAZING, but can be done in one day on 11/18, 12/3,5,8,9,10

Seattle, WA to Columbus, OH: 2171 miles 8 hrs 35 min

United Airlines Flight UA696 on a Boeing 757 (jet) in coach class
(movie)
Departs Seattle, WA (SEA) Wed, Dec 10 5:44a 2 hrs 38 min
Arrives Denver, CO (DEN) 9:22a
Layover in Denver 3 hrs 13 min
United Airlines Flight UA426 on a Boeing 737 (jet) in coach class
(food for purchase)
Departs Denver, CO (DEN) Wed, Dec 10 12:35p 2 hrs 44 min
Arrives Columbus, OH (CMH) 5:19p

Columbus, OH to Seattle, WA: 2171 miles 8 hrs 18 min

United Airlines Flight UA431 on a Boeing 737 (jet) in coach class
(food for purchase)
Departs Columbus, OH (CMH) Wed, Dec 10 6:20p 3 hrs 20 min
Arrives Denver, CO (DEN) 7:40p
Layover in Denver 1 hr 59 min
United Airlines Flight UA509 on a Boeing 757 (jet) in coach class
(movie)
Departs Denver, CO (DEN) Wed, Dec 10 9:39p 2 hrs 59 min
Arrives Seattle, WA (SEA) 11:38p

At this stage in the game, do the rules change? Are we looking for 2 or 3 cpms still? I was in a situation similar to yours, and I wasn't looking at the CPM so much as I was looking at the overall cost of the ticket (do I need a hotel stay, shuttle, take a day off work, etc.) and whether it meets my need to hit the next level. I only needed 3200 miles to hit gold on NW, so I found a trip for $180 that would get me that, even though it's 5.2cpm. It can be done in a day, and no hotel needed. I'm a newbie to this whole MR thing, so just offering my $.02! Best of luck!

Last edited by cfwolfs; Oct 10, 2008 at 1:45 pm
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan P
I am looking for 6,000 EQMs for AC, from YEG. Prefer to do on weekdays, either same day or over one night. Can do week of Oct 27th, week of Nov. 24th, and first three weeks of Dec.
Destination of YYZ, YYT, BDL, YVR, YUL (a weekend stay here would be great) are the most desirable, but totally not necessary (I'll fly anywhere I don't need a visa).
I'm working on ITA, but am such a noob I decided to post here too as I'm not having any luck. I'll update if I find anything good.
Cheers!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG P, MR S
I need 8600 EQM or 9 segments on Star Alliance metal out of YYZ (AC Aeroplan primarily).

I stopped flying in May and will probably start up again in February, so I want to hit AC Elite for 2009. I had AC SE this year, but such a waste since I wasn't travelling....

I'm supposed to go to PHX first week of Nov for some business so I'm trying to see if I can do anything with that trip, but I've never done a bona fide MR before.... Lots of reading to do in the next couple of days.....
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jhakkim
I need 8600 EQM or 9 segments on Star Alliance metal out of YYZ (AC Aeroplan primarily).

I stopped flying in May and will probably start up again in February, so I want to hit AC Elite for 2009. I had AC SE this year, but such a waste since I wasn't travelling....

I'm supposed to go to PHX first week of Nov for some business so I'm trying to see if I can do anything with that trip, but I've never done a bona fide MR before.... Lots of reading to do in the next couple of days.....

If you're going to be in PHX anyway, you might find this thread interesting. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875185
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan P
I've been working on YEG for a few days now (still noob at this), and can't get anything that good yet. Is there a much higher chance of getting a MR out of YYC? Is there a historically good destination for MR deals from either YEG or YYC?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I need 11,000 *A out of SFO

I know this is a bit ambitious, but I had 2 European trips canceled on me earlier this year so now I'll be about 11,000 miles short of 1K.

I'd like to travel the first weekend in December, so I was looking at Dec 4 - 7 or somewhere in there. The fewer days the better, as hotel expenses add up pretty quick.

I don't care where I go, or if I leave out of SFO, OAK or SJC.

Any suggestions welcome!

EDIT: I forgot to include my budget! I'd love to keep the whole trip (with hotels) to under $1,000.

Last edited by mbergen; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:25 pm
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
Originally Posted by mbergen
I know this is a bit ambitious, but I had 2 European trips canceled on me earlier this year so now I'll be about 11,000 miles short of 1K.

I'd like to travel the first weekend in December, so I was looking at Dec 4 - 7 or somewhere in there. The fewer days the better, as hotel expenses add up pretty quick.

Any suggestions welcome!

EDIT: I forgot to include my budget! I'd love to keep the whole trip (with hotels) to under $1,000.
Take a trip to London for $837 with United. Just make sure one of the legs goes via IAD and you will be slightly over 11,000 miles. You can get there cheaper ($780), but that means flying US via PHL.

United 0936
Depart: SFO 8:51 AM Arrive: IAD 4:59 PM Non-stop
5h 8m
Airbus A319
2,419 miles traveled Fare basis code: SLWAXZ50
Booking class: S
Economy

<<< connecting to >>>
United 0918
Depart: IAD 6:09 PM Arrive: LHR 6:20 AM Arrives next day Dec 5 Non-stop
7h 11m
Boeing 777
3,677 miles traveled Fare basis code: SLWAXZ50
Economy

Sun, Dec 07, 2008 - London, United Kingdom (LHR) to San Francisco, CA (SFO)
United 0955
Depart: LHR 10:25 AM Arrive: SFO 1:33 PM Non-stop
11h 8m
Boeing 777
5,368 miles traveled Fare basis code: SLWAXZ50
Economy
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
I also need around 11k-12k on Continental to maintain plat. I did quite a bit more travel this year on United, and had a few trips get canceled near the end of this year on Continental. Austin, TX here. Weekends work well,as do redeyes that get into Houston on early monday mornings.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver, Hertz #1 Five Star
Delta MR need

I need 8500 for Delta out of FLL, PBI, or MIA.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: UAL 1k
Originally Posted by mbergen

Any suggestions welcome!

I may be joining you. I need 10,000 miles ex SFO bay area or RNO to reach 1K. This would be my first time at 1K. I thought about not bothering but was convinced it would be well worth the expense to reach 1K - so hopefully I can do it for $1,000 or less.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
I'm not one to ask for help in general (and with FT, it is more out of fear of being chastised severely,than in pride). Through diligence, and lurking, and reading, and clicking I have learned much over the years, and I am gold here and elite there and so forth, but what I really really want is a little love from CO. I find myself 8004 miles short for CO status for next year and I yearn to tread on the blue carpet again. Throwing my heart and soul onto the FT fire, I ask for your suggestions :-)

I am based in TUS, but could fly from PHX. I also have a RR on SW, so could conceivably fly from anywhere, including CO hub, IAH. I will actually be there for the Christmas holidays and wouldn't mind leaving my family to get the miles (they understand), if the right opportunity came up

In terms of flexibility, I can go just about any time, any day (I love my job), I can do overnights. I have constructed a couple of runs from TUS that will get me the 8,000 miles at a cost of about .06 per mile, but I know it is possible to do a lot better....I even tried to use my RR to FLL and do the SEA-FLL run twice, but that was still coming in at .05 pm and a waste of a perfectly good award. I'd rather GO somewhere and have a nice day there, but I am ok with it being all airport.

So prostrate before the gods of FT, I humbly ask for your assistance in finding something to earn the miles, doing better than .05 pm

thanks!
ITTIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.