Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.
Not enough to prove the case, but I don't have any AR segments and the etks seem to have been issued OK. The itinerary shows up on the UA website as issued with an eticket receipt (014 stock). My itinerary was UA, AC, LX, AM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Not enough to prove the case, but I don't have any AR segments and the etks seem to have been issued OK. The itinerary shows up on the UA website as issued with an eticket receipt (014 stock). My itinerary was UA, AC, LX, AM.
How were you able to get the LX flight in there? Was it from SCL-GRU? I saw it when looking earlier but dont see it anymore.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
It adds a decent chunk of change to the total cost, but it's also possible to add in the CX JFK-YVR flight on the 744. I was getting prices of approximately $1,500 all-in if using CX to start off the trip...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jjgollum
How were you able to get the LX flight in there? Was it from SCL-GRU? I saw it when looking earlier but dont see it anymore.
Yep. There was some speculation earlier about the timing of the YYZ-SCL arrival, which seems to change from 12:30 to 10:30am in the spring time. (I guess daylight savings time for the northern and southern hemisphere, working in opposite directions?). Anyway, one reason it might not appear could be the dates you are checking... in winter, the AC flight arrives after the LX flight departs. If not that, it could be availability?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Yep. There was some speculation earlier about the timing of the YYZ-SCL arrival, which seems to change from 12:30 to 10:30am in the spring time. (I guess daylight savings time for the northern and southern hemisphere, working in opposite directions?). Anyway, one reason it might not appear could be the dates you are checking... in winter, the AC flight arrives after the LX flight departs. If not that, it could be availability?
Thank you. This makes sense of what I was seeing. In May, LX leg is not showing but in Sept it is.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Originally Posted by johnmc
so no one could work out a stopover yet? that's the last thing I'm looking for. would be awesome not just rushing through but actually being able to visit e.g. SCL & EZE
It let me do a 1 day stop over in EZE but haven't ticketed it yet. I am still looking for the max miles.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Looks exciting - thanks OP for the nice post!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Colin
AC C/J fares typically do not allow travel in first class. UA flight to Hawaii are all Y/F. So, to get Hawaii in premium cabin, you need to route on a different airline that flies a business class cabin to Hawaii. AC comes to mind but that is a problem then getting home because one cannot transit the same airport twice.
LH 9242 LAX-HNL books into Business with this fare, and can be combined with an AC return via YVR.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by jestabillo
It let me do a 1 day stop over in EZE but haven't ticketed it yet.
Longer than a 24-hour stopover? If you can do a 1-day stopover, you should be able to do a 5-day stopover.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by noah
I've been mulling this over. Having to start and end at PDX adds significantly to the price. Also, having to take the flights from EZE or GRU to MEX on a non *A carrier, thereby decreasing the useable miles, certainly makes this less interesting. .
Same here. Even if I did ORD-YVR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX will net 9K on *A.
Add to getting to ORD and from MEX-YYZ I calculate the cost bit over USD. 1K. for 13K EQM.About .0845 per eqm.Of course the COS bonus brings the cost down lower to about ..07 EQM.
This fare allows no stopover. Once ticketed no changes.Possibilty if to cancel non-refundable.

I prefer to take advantage of The Premium Good Deal fares out there as those fares give me the flexibility, stopovers can be bought RT and are cancelable. The Cost per EQM is same overall.

It was for above reasons that I never took advantage of the UA mistake fare.

Having said that, if one is not able to take advantage of the Premium Good Deal fares out there due to the areas where they are offered, this is a very good deal.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
I can't seem to figure out how to price this out...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
LH 9242 LAX-HNL books into Business with this fare, and can be combined with an AC return via YVR.
Yeah, but LH 9242 is a codeshare operated by United. (LH can't operate intra-US flights.)

And earlier it was commented that:

Originally Posted by Colin
AC C/J fares typically do not allow travel in first class. UA flight to Hawaii are all Y/F. So, to get Hawaii in premium cabin, you need to route on a different airline that flies a business class cabin to Hawaii. AC comes to mind but that is a problem then getting home because one cannot transit the same airport twice.
So Colin says that an AC C/J ticket for a United-operated two-class flight will book into a coach seat. I am not sure if LH will operate the same way.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
$498 all in on expedia
ORD-SFO-YUL-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX

So tempting, but I'm going to have to pass for now.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:20 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
I wanted a MR that gave me a day in Lima. This is what I got:

Tue 13-May-08
Chicago (ORD) .to. Vancouver (YVR) 1,766 mi AC
Depart 9:45 am Arrive 12:09 pm (2,842 km) Flight: 5101
Duration: 4hr 24mn. Operated by: UNITED AIRLINES

Vancouver (YVR) .to. Toronto (YYZ) 2,083 mi AC
Depart 2:30 pm Arrive 10:00 pm (3,352 km) Flight: 1168
Duration: 4hr 30mn.

Toronto (YYZ) .to. Santiago (SCL) 5,342 mi AC
Depart 11:55 pm Arrive 10:25 am +1.day (8,597 km) Flight: 92
Duration: 10hr 30mn.

Wed 14-May-08
Santiago (SCL) .to. Sao Paulo (GRU) 1,613 mi LH
Depart 11:55 am Arrive 4:30 pm (2,596 km) Flight: 5301
Total distance: 10,804 mi (17,387 km) Total duration: 22hr 59mn (28hr 45mn with connections) Duration: 3hr 35mn. Operated by: SWISS

Thu 15-May-08

Sao Paulo (GRU) .to. Lima (LIM) 2,137 mi TA
Depart 6:25 am Arrive 9:15 am (3,439 km) Flight: 29
Duration: 4hr 50mn. Operated by: TRANS AMERICAN AIRLINES - TACA PERU
Total distance: 2,137 mi (3,439 km) Total duration: 4hr 50mn

Fri 16-May-08

Lima (LIM) .to. Mexico City (MEX) 2,649 mi AM
Depart 1:15 am Arrive 7:15 am (4,263 km) Flight: 19
Duration: 6hr 0mn.

Price $503.53

Last edited by gakke; Dec 27, 2007 at 9:21 am Reason: price
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Anyone having problems getting a ticket # on these. My first two went through fine but when I bought a third through OGG, Xpda says to check back in 24 hours. Should I worry about this??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.