Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Found it. Thanks. So deleted.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Miles finally posted to MP account,

but the number is very low (~23K vs. calculated ~33K).

For those who received their miles, were the COS miles part of the initial deposit or were they added later by MP or Aeroplan?

Also, no change in status.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Ha, I was just about to find this old thread since Expedia just sent me a message regarding an apparent schedule change asociated with some remnants of my original booking It still shows on my UA account despite all the cancelation and deposited miles.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Desdinova
but the number is very low (~23K vs. calculated ~33K).

For those who received their miles, were the COS miles part of the initial deposit or were they added later by MP or Aeroplan?

Also, no change in status.
It was all posted as one amount. What was your itinerary?

Mine was ORD-YVR-YYZ-GRU-MEX, and I received 20,295 posted to my Aeroplan account, which is pretty close to what I calculated with the COS bonus. Great Circle Mapper gives this as 13,535 miles plus 50% bonus, which makes 20,302 miles.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jef7
Ha, I was just about to find this old thread since Expedia just sent me a message regarding an apparent schedule change asociated with some remnants of my original booking It still shows on my UA account despite all the cancelation and deposited miles.
I have the same thing on my itineraries. I also got a call from UA telling me that my upgrade had cleared for the phantom flight. Freaked me out a bit as I was worried I was missing a trip, but then I realized it was this one. I wonder if UA is going to bill AC for these flights?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It was all posted as one amount. What was your itinerary?

Mine was ORD-YVR-YYZ-GRU-MEX, and I received 20,295 posted to my Aeroplan account, which is pretty close to what I calculated with the COS bonus. Great Circle Mapper gives this as 13,535 miles plus 50% bonus, which makes 20,302 miles.
Thank you MG. That was my expectation that all would post at once.

False alarm, it seems-- I had calculated my numbers based on UA's chart only; thus my number ended up high.

Would rather have flown the itinerary:
ORD-DEN-OGG-LAX-YYZ-SCL-MEX
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I was probably one of the few to actually travel on this fare. I went with my mother and we did a weekend in MEX, meeting a friend who just came to MEX, so we ended up spending some money on hotels and positioning flights. But at this point I see that it was totally worth it. My mother went from 2P in 2007 to 75,000+ eqms in UA MP this year with already a couple opups and and one opportunity to use her e500s, and an early opportunity to gift someone with 3P in her 30,000 eqm special choice award.

I went from nothing on UA to 2P, and already have enjoyed the E+ access a couple times. And because the EZE-MEX flight was on Aeromexico, I now am on track for Platinum Medallion on Delta, which was something I never even thought of trying for.

All thanks to some flights in early February. And the AC YYZ-SCL-EZE flights have been my only experience to date in true flat-bed seats. So I'm glad I got to fly it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.