Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC, UA
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
As always, when a lot of these fares are booked, as Fims pointed out, you won't find the cheap fares. It doesn't mean that it's no longer available, but just that there aren't any seats available. Check fare classes via KVS or EF, and find seats that are available and go from there.

There were people saying Fare Gone 16 hours ago, and they were obviously wrong. So if you really want the fare/routing, do a bit of research.
I'm a MR newbie, so what do I know, but I did get one of these tickets purchased through ORD-OGG before I actually had to do some work. I just came back to my desk and re-tried an easier itin. that was pricing $583 3 hours ago. Just for fun I re-entered it exactly. It came back at $500 more, which is still a crazy good price, but if this fare is still available the weekends are probably sold out now.

Now I have to figure out how to explain this to the wife.

BTW are Mexicana miles good for anything?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Aeromexico is good for SkyTeam miles. Mexicana is One World.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Fims
I see that C booking class on YYZ-GRU/SCL/EZE has been emptied out on quite a lot of dates up to September... this is the reason why no availablity any more.
Based on a fairly large sample, it looks like they have responded by zeroing out C on all the SA fares. I find it hard to believe that we bought them all.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, LANPASS GM
So it's come to this: After months of reading FT for pleasure and the occasional bit of flying advice, I've sunk to the depths of lunacy and purchased a fare that will have me criss-crossing two continents in the span of about 72 hours.

Here is the itinerary, booked on expedia, 498 all-in

Feb 14: ORD-SFO-YYZ-GRU (UA/AC)
Feb 15: GRU-EZE (TAM)
Feb 16: EZE-SCL-MEX (LAN)

To be honest, I fantasize about a stopover in each location on this itinerary, as they are all wonderful cities (I've not yet been to Sao Paulo), though at this point I'm lucky enough to have one night in EZE (which will feature steaks, wine, dancing until 5am). I'll doubtless stay in Mexico for a few days or so, but with any luck, once this fare has officially disappeared, i'll see if somehow I can talk LAN into letting me stay in BsAs for longer.

Here's to hoping work gives me the time off.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Aeromexico is good for SkyTeam miles. Mexicana is One World.
Not quite, Mexicana is AA partner and can earn AA miles. But it is not part of One World.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 1MM
I'm in, but back from SCL on TACA via LIM and SJO. I know TACA is a *A partner but am concerned when it shows up on My Itineraries, indicates 0 award miles. Also mention of being operated by Trans American Airlines to SJO and Lacsa to MEX.

Anybody know if these segments will earn RDMs and/or EQMs?

Sat, Sep 20, 2008 - SCL to SJO
TACA 0032
Operated by: Trans American Airlines
Depart: SCL 6:40
Arrive: SJO 13:25 1-stop
7h 25m
Airbus A320
3,111 miles traveled Booking class: C
Business
0 Award miles
Breakfast, Lunch

Flight: Confirmed
N/A

Flight details
--% On-time
3111 miles traveled
[Breakfast, Lunch]
Business
0 Award miles
Availability
Sat, Sep 20, 2008 - SJO to MEX
TACA 7630
Operated by: Lacsa Lineas Aereas Cost
Depart: SJO 18:20
Arrive: MEX 22:15 Non-stop
2h 55m
Airbus A320
1,186 miles traveled Booking class: C
Business
0 Award miles
Snack

From .bomb:

TACA Airlines

Visit the TACA website

Grupo Taca is the national airlines of El Salvador and Honduras connecting North and South America with Central America through three hubs in San Jose, Costa Rica; San Salvador, El Salvador and Lima, Peru.

Present your Mileage Plus® number when making reservations and you can earn:

Service Class Booking Class
Your Mileage

Business Class

Economy

C D J

Y B E G H I K L M N
O Q R S U V W Z

125%
500 miles minimum

100%
500 miles minimum

Terms & Conditions
Mileage accrual and redemption is possible only on scheduled flights operated by the airline partner. Flights and routes may be changed by the airline partner at short notice. The miles accrued are determined by the operating airline. Please note that the booking class shown on your ticket may differ from the booking class relevant for mileage accrual. Please retain your boarding pass and a copy of your ticket until the mileage credit is reflected on your Mileage Plus statement. The general terms and conditions for the Mileage Plus program will apply.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:53 pm

Has anyone checked the itinerary on united.com?

My itinerary is there but all of the flights save for the first initial departure are showing up with times of 12:00 AM. Dates are correct tho..
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
Not quite, Mexicana is AA partner and can earn AA miles. But it is not part of One World.
Mexicana also partners with LH, C-fare earns 200% in M&M which is where I will be parking them.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
That ANC, KOA, OGG, etc. routings are allowable routings is intriguing. Since US routings are clearly not limited to the "inside the 48" box....

Has anyone tried, oh, say, Guam, the US Virgin Islands?? Other places in Alaska?

Sounds strange, but if this thinks of Alaska, Hawaii, Chile & Argentina as being "on the way" from the central US to Mexico city, who knows....

As said before, this is booking into AC's fare buckets, and AC's MPM is obviously out the window on this one.

I keep getting the "Word got out & now everyone is looking for great deals on Expedia" message when I keep trying to experiment.

Last edited by skye1; Dec 27, 2007 at 1:08 pm
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jjgollum
Has anyone checked the itinerary on united.com?

My itinerary is there but all of the flights save for the first initial departure are showing up with times of 12:00 AM. Dates are correct tho..
Yea ... mine's hosed on .bomb ... you expect something different ?

It shows up just fine on aircanada.com
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Did anyone book the r/t C fare, which also allows interesting routings?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
The best I have found with some searching on itasoftware is ord-hnl-lax-jfk-yvr-yyz-mex which yields about 15,800 BIS miles, or about 20k EQM with the fare class bonuses. This is all in First and Business and the metal is quite mixed.

Last edited by bschaff1; Dec 27, 2007 at 1:18 pm
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Found an ORD-PHX-YVR-YYZ-EZE-SCL-MEX

for $498 all in. yikes, that's tempting.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC, UA
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Did anyone book the r/t C fare, which also allows interesting routings?
Been trying to do this in reverse. It has the same basic fare, but I'm flying blind on possible itins with a lack of MR tools.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lsbuffs
From .bomb:

TACA Airlines

Visit the TACA website

Grupo Taca is the national airlines of El Salvador and Honduras connecting North and South America with Central America through three hubs in San Jose, Costa Rica; San Salvador, El Salvador and Lima, Peru.
Present your Mileage Plus® number when making reservations and you can earn:

Service Class Booking Class
Your Mileage
Business Class
Economy
C D J
Y B E G H I K L M N
O Q R S U V W Z
125%
500 miles minimum
100%
500 miles minimum
Terms & Conditions
Mileage accrual and redemption is possible only on scheduled flights operated by the airline partner. Flights and routes may be changed by the airline partner at short notice. The miles accrued are determined by the operating airline. Please note that the booking class shown on your ticket may differ from the booking class relevant for mileage accrual. Please retain your boarding pass and a copy of your ticket until the mileage credit is reflected on your Mileage Plus statement. The general terms and conditions for the Mileage Plus program will apply.
TACA does not earn EQM on UA MP, only RDM (if and when they post, still waiting for my miles from a NOV TACA flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.