Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) EWR-YYZ-SCL-EZE-MEX OW in C class at $673 ?? on AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thank you very much to the OP and everyone.

Looks like I will be making many cheap trips in biz to Buenos Aires unless and until our northern neighbor carrier decides to mess with these as they did with a biz fare deal on new years day not too long ago.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:09 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Expedia would only show me the AC codeshare, as well.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
How do you get more than 5 stops on Expedia?
I would like to get in on this.
Steak in EZE sounds great.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I've been mulling this over. Having to start and end at PDX adds significantly to the price. Also, having to take the flights from EZE or GRU to MEX on a non *A carrier, thereby decreasing the useable miles, certainly makes this less interesting. But so far I've been able to come up with the following

4/10 PDX-LAS-ORD (US, red-eye)
4/11 ORD-SFO (UA)
4/11 SFO-YUL-YYZ-SCL (AC)
4/12 SCL-EZE (AC)
Night with friends in BA
4/13 EZE-MEX (MX)
4/13 MEX-PDX (MX)

The PDX-ORD and MEX-PDX flights add $420 to the $500 business class fare, making this a $920 trip for about 20K UA Miles, and another 7500 Mexicana miles.

If anybody figures out how to get this from the west coast, do tell.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:13 am

Anyone else got a notice from expedia of paper ticket issuance?

Here is what I got:

Dear Angeleno228,

RE: XXXXXXXXXXXX

We are contacting you regarding your recent purchase on Expedia.com. This notice is to advise you that due to airline policy, we are unable to process your reservation as electronic tickets. To guarantee your reservation, we have issued paper tickets for your booking.

Your paper tickets and receipt will arrive at the billing address provided at the time of booking via the following delivery vendor and outlined timeframe dependant on the location of your delivery address.

PHYSICAL UNITED STATES ADDRESS
Via United Parcel Service within 2-3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays).

This is an unmonitored alias. Please do not respond to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX
Air Fulfillment Department
Expedia .com
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Mine are still showing up as ETKS (booked early this morning), ticket numbers appear, and issued on AC stock. I'm curious... did Exp already provide you an etkt number before sending you this email?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: QF WP + PG
Mine are definitely E-tickets. They've already been issued and I can view them on LAN pass and Air Canada.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by james318
That worked. Man, I wish I had an extra $500 chillin around.
Well, I booked it. Only after booking did I notice that the SFO-HNL segment is in Y. The rest are in business.

I am not even doing this to earn mileage. Just to fly around in premium cabins, except SFO-HNL...)
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:21 am

AC C/J fares typically do not allow travel in first class. UA flight to Hawaii are all Y/F. So, to get Hawaii in premium cabin, you need to route on a different airline that flies a business class cabin to Hawaii. AC comes to mind but that is a problem then getting home because one cannot transit the same airport twice.

Remember, AC C fares get only base miles into BD.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Mine are still showing up as ETKS (booked early this morning), ticket numbers appear, and issued on AC stock. I'm curious... did Exp already provide you an etkt number before sending you this email?

No just booking reference codes for AC, Aerolineas Argentinas and AM. Plus their itin number.

Does anyone know if there's an inconvenience in having paper tickets?

Edited to add:

I now have an "Airline ticket number" when I log on to my expedia account.

Last edited by Angeleno228; Dec 27, 2007 at 8:26 am
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Colin
AC C/J fares typically do not allow travel in first class. UA flight to Hawaii are all Y/F. So, to get Hawaii in premium cabin, you need to route on a different airline that flies a business class cabin to Hawaii. AC comes to mind but that is a problem then getting home because one cannot transit the same airport twice.

Remember, AC C fares get only base miles into BD.
The UA legs should book into full Y, correct? No skin off my nose if I have to use a CR1 to get into the F cabin as long as I get my 150% EQM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
No just booking reference codes for AC, Aerolineas Argentinas and AM. Plus their itin number.

Does anyone know if there's an inconvenience in having paper tickets?

Edited to add:

I now have an "Airline ticket number" when I log on to my expedia account.
Hmm maybe it's AR who aren't "compatible" here. Anyone knows more? I was about to book a ticket which involves AR too.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by johnmc
Hmm maybe it's AR who aren't "compatible" here. Anyone knows more? I was about to book a ticket which involves AR too.
What FF program are you crediting your AR flight too?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by johnmc
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by littl_flier
Mine are definitely E-tickets. They've already been issued and I can view them on LAN pass and Air Canada.
How do you see them on AC?

I credited the flights to Aeroplan, but when I look at My Bookings on AC, the reservation is not there.

Edited to add: I found I can see my confirmation by entering the booking reference number, so I'm all set!

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 27, 2007 at 9:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.