Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:21 am
Original Poster

For those of you trying to keep track of airlines honoring error fares, TAP is kind of 1-1. They cancelled some of these flights to/from Singapore, but some people still have active tickets.

Last April they had an error fare from Tel Aviv that they honored. They even moved flights to different airlines due to the conflict in the region if people asked since TAP wasn't flying to TLV anymore.

TP - TLV-LIS - $338 r/t - Business

Originally Posted by captainarabiia
When TAP finds out you're flying on an error fare.

Jokes aside, kudos to the pilot.
I saw that. Scary!
captainarabiia likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:05 pm

no communication from booking.com and Tap refunded booking.com for the fare 22nd of March. Booking,com has not refunded me or contacted me about the booking. .
I don't find in my experience booking.com an ethical OTA. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to checkout on Tap directly.

Last edited by megshay; Mar 28, 2024 at 1:17 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Wentworth010
My 1-way ticket made on the 27th is still alive... Travel date in mid June. Now I'm in Limbo. Probably the first and last time I'm messing with error fares again lol,

I guess its safe to say it's a matter of time before I get mine cancelled right... ?
I'm in the same position as you right now.. My tickets are both still alive right now, Travel date is mid August.
In a weird Limbo state, hoping to booking my accommodations and tickets out of Europe soon, but am wondering how much notice will TAP give if they were to cancel my flights.
I sure hope they don't cancel 1-2 weeks close in to my departure, that would really suck.
cruser1 and zip10001 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:12 am

I booked via Trip.com, travel date in X'mas period from LHR to SIN, still alive and confirmed. Hope it sticks.
cruser1 and zip10001 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:58 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I strongly suggest anyone booking positioning flights and hotels use refundable options...
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:52 pm

Has anyone submitted a complaint with (dutch) consumer protection org? Thinking of doing it this time because airline cancellations at whim are going too far in my view.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I strongly suggest anyone booking positioning flights and hotels use refundable options...
* make a backup flight booking; e.g. on points
PLeblond likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:48 pm

Tap emailed me a cancellation, but my OTA says all is confirmed and did not get any refund. So I thought: if the OTA thinks all is okay, maybe I could ask them to re-issue the ticket so TAP stops the refunding process and we might be able to fly. For this plan, I need a valid reason for a re-issue. A date change is costly one, but there probably is a cheaper excuse for a ticket re-issue.

Anyone has some bright ideas?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
my July booking is still "confirmed" on SQ and TAP websites.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Anyone has some bright ideas?
maybe you can try splitting the PNR?
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy
maybe you can try splitting the PNR?
Great idea! Thanks

Update: Agent was willing to do, but then it got declined by the GDS as it turns out the booking was cancelled by the airline...
fridgy likes this.

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Apr 1, 2024 at 2:38 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:14 am
F8X

Programs: AFKL Plat, LH SEN
Managed to dodge the bullet and was able to fly the fare without problems.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Great idea! Thanks

Update: Agent was willing to do, but then it got declined by the GDS as it turns out the booking was cancelled by the airline...
which they should have already contacted you as it would have come up as cancelled on their queues and their job is to manage their queues, and also should have processed your refund without you having to contact them. Booking.com? They still not told me mine is cancelled. Still have my money. Still looks confirmed on their site. It's really shoddy work not contacting customers with cancelled flights.

Last edited by megshay; Apr 2, 2024 at 7:49 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by F8X
Managed to dodge the bullet and was able to fly the fare without problems.
Congrats! That's awesome!
f0zzyNUE and F8X like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by megshay
which they should have already contacted you as it would have come up as cancelled on their queues and their job is to manage their queues, and also should have processed your refund without you having to contact them. Booking.com? They still not told me mine is cancelled. Still have my money. Still looks confirmed on their site. It's really shoddy work not contacting customers with cancelled flights.
Yup, Go2gate / Booking. They now changed the plot, saying I was the one who requested a refund....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.