Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:12 am

For my one way SIN-LHR booked through TAP I got a cancellation e-mail late last night.
Very bad show in my view, over three weeks since I booked a ticket that although cheap was not improbably cheap for a one-way trip with two transfers on this route, I shall be making my views known to TAP.
cruser1 and megshay like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
My ticket is still alive!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:36 am

My 1-way ticket made on the 27th is still alive... Travel date in mid June. Now I'm in Limbo. Probably the first and last time I'm messing with error fares again lol,

I guess its safe to say it's a matter of time before I get mine cancelled right... ?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wentworth010
My 1-way ticket made on the 27th is still alive... Travel date in mid June. Now I'm in Limbo. Probably the first and last time I'm messing with error fares again lol,

I guess its safe to say it's a matter of time before I get mine cancelled right... ?
That is the most likely outcome.
Wentworth010 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:51 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Same here. As per the OTA, I need to wait for the refund.
Full refund to my card received from GOTOGATE.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:29 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Full refund to my card received from GOTOGATE.
booked mine from travelstart.de, and never again. They said they are still checking and cannot even tell me with certainty that my reservation has been cancelled. This is an unreliable one.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:29 am

Well, its officially over, refund received from Kiwi. They were easier to deal with than I expected, only took a couple days to have it back on the card.

I can imagine one guy sitting in a cubicle at TAP HQ, leisurely working his way through a long spreadsheet hed been given. Then clocking out at 5 PM, off for some pints, and returning the next day to cancel a few more tickets.

Does anyone still have active tickets?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by LHR_93
Well, its officially over, refund received from Kiwi. They were easier to deal with than I expected, only took a couple days to have it back on the card.

I can imagine one guy sitting in a cubicle at TAP HQ, leisurely working his way through a long spreadsheet hed been given. Then clocking out at 5 PM, off for some pints, and returning the next day to cancel a few more tickets.

mines still active. Booked 27th Feb. traveling in June
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:24 am

In the words of Sergeant Hans Schultz from Hogan's Hero's, I know nothing!
cruser1 and Deckter like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
1 ticket, flying early July
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:53 am

Still have 2 tickets active! Both one way SIN to LON. Both booked thru Kiwi. One is next week the other is next month. Ironically it would help me if the first one would get canceled, since the timing isn't as convenient as I thought!

Data point: both tickets were a bit over 1000 USD each, so a bit more than the 878 USD originally posted here, maybe there is a threshold for the cancel/no cancel decisions?

Cheers
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Yes - It looks like they are starting at the end of the year and working backwards toward the current date.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Didn't received an email yet but my booking is empty on TAP website and cannot enter anymore with the PNR on SQ website (departure from AMS late october)

It seems that AMEX received a request of refund, let's see
Refund received from AMEX but Amex customer service still trying to re-confirmed the ticket with TAP as their many calls with me said so, let's see if they suceed
cruser1 and megshay like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:08 am

When TAP finds out you're flying on an error fare.

Jokes aside, kudos to the pilot.

cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:36 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by captainarabiia
When TAP finds out you're flying on an error fare.

Jokes aside, kudos to the pilot.

Love the joke...

As for the pilots, not sure how much kudos I'l give the crew, rather then..congrats for escaping a situation (you put yourselves in) unscathed...
cruser1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.