Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Gold, KrisFlyer Silver, British Airways - Silver
Booked AMS>LIS>MXP>SIN and SIN>BCN>LIS>AMS

Through Kiwi.com

my outbound has not ticketed, my inbound has ticketed.

seems like they merged two tickets into one reservation…
cruser1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:46 am

Booked AMS>LIS>FRA>SIN - SIN>BCN>LIS>AMS for November. Overnight in FRA, other than that all short connections.

Booked on Booking.com and ticketed in 30 mins. EUR 1424,-

Thanks OP!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsloan
Yeah, I'm not able to get stopovers to price anywhere but LIS, despite the fare rules allowing them and there being a HIP check exclusion in place. I wonder if the TP-coded SQ-operated flights require a connecting flight. That would make LIS the only viable stopover point even if it's not explicitly stated as such.
That would make sense. On flights from North / South America the only place you can get a stopover is Lisbon or Porto.

Originally Posted by ThirdCultureKid
Booked AMS>LIS>MXP>SIN and SIN>BCN>LIS>AMS

Through Kiwi.com

my outbound has not ticketed, my inbound has ticketed.

seems like they merged two tickets into one reservation…
The one-way fare is close enough to half the roundtrip that they probably did. Good luck with Kiwi though!

Last edited by cruser1; Feb 27, 2024 at 11:34 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:29 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by injian
Are OTPs like g2g etc reliable? The most common feedback is always to buy directly from airline but wanted to hear from those who do purchase from OTPs.
I personally avoid at all costs and would use only as a last resort. Even then only the least bad ones like Expedia. I would never book kiwi.com and am not familiar with g2g.

If you do, you should be OK as long as there are no schedule changes or flight cancellations but if there are be prepared to fight through the Nine Circles of Hell from Dante's Inferno to get any form of resolution, and most likely not one in your favour.

Friends don't let friends book on OTAs
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I personally avoid at all costs and would use only as a last resort.
I agree, but they're sometimes a necessary evil.

I'd rather deal with an OTA than fly on Singapore's A359 any day of the week.
jagmeets, AdmiraltyAve and cruser1 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bob90
Booked AMS>LIS>FRA>SIN - SIN>BCN>LIS>AMS for November. Overnight in FRA, other than that all short connections.

Booked on Booking.com and ticketed in 30 mins. EUR 1424,-

Thanks OP!
can you share the dates or a screenshot of your booking?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
The A380 seems to be increasingly difficult to find - many dates have the business classes zero'ed out of the business fare classes on EF.

Edited to add: At least with married segments on "natural" connections - looking at overnights in FRA, there seems to be better availability.
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by gary_nj; Feb 27, 2024 at 12:36 pm
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:51 pm

I agree, but they're sometimes a necessary evil.

I'd rather deal with an OTA than fly on Singapore's A359 any day of the week.
I'll gladly fly a cross Canada trip on a Beech 1900 without a lav for fun (and a heck of a segment run on AC if they still operate them, come to think of it) So to me, SQ J choice of equipment? That's like wondering if I'll take the Rolls, the Benz or the Ferrari today... (and no... my choice when leaving in the morning is either the VW or the other VW)

That being said, I'd take an A350 over an A380 anyday, regardless of the carrier.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nigel Spencer
can you share the dates or a screenshot of your booking?
AJO, honzeek_cz, arf04 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That being said, I'd take an A350 over an A380 anyday, regardless of the carrier.
Then you're either 5'7" (170cm) or shorter, or you've never flown SQ's A359 in J (bulkheads excepted, which I'm led to believe are a massive improvement).

They're extremely uncomfortable for sleeping, because they have a small cubbyhole for your legs that is not aligned well with the seat itself -- it's sort of off to the side. It's hard to explain, but a quick Google search for "SQ A350 business class seats" will tell you everything you want to know.

In general, I prefer the A350 to the A380, and the B777 and B787 to either. But the SQ A359 is an "in emergencies only" kind of situation, and this did not represent an emergency.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:23 pm

The SQ A350 is wonky in its definition of human anatomy. Upper body on one side, legs on the other. That being said I really enjoy A350s except the SQ J seat.
jsloan, cruser1 and ryanherb like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:30 pm

Then you're either 5'7" (170cm) or shorter, or you've never flown SQ's A359 in J (bulkheads excepted, which I'm led to believe are a massive improvement).

They're extremely uncomfortable for sleeping, because they have a small cubbyhole for your legs that is not aligned well with the seat itself -- it's sort of off to the side. It's hard to explain, but a quick Google search for "SQ A350 business class seats" will tell you everything you want to know.

In general, I prefer the A350 to the A380, and the B777 and B787 to either. But the SQ A359 is an "in emergencies only" kind of situation, and this did not represent an emergency.
I'm 6 ft (well.. probably 5' 11" and 1/2 but I round up) or 182cm and somewhere north of 200lbs (90kg). I don't really sleep on planes and no have not tried the SQ A359...yet. But every-time I have flown the A380 on SQ it has this weird harmonic about it and I get off as if I've spent 12+ hours in Orwell's Room 101. Not fun by any standard. Can't explain why. No A350 has produced the same effect on me so far. Of course, I'll take a Boeing over any Airbus, but I'm not here to start another incident.
jsloan and cruser1 like this.

Last edited by PLeblond; Feb 27, 2024 at 2:00 pm
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I'm 6 ft (well.. probably 5' 11" and 1/2 but I round up) or 182cm and somewhere north of 200lbs (90kg). I don't really sleep on planes and no have not tried the SQ A359...yet. But every-time I have flown the A380 on SQ it has this weird harmonic about it and I get off as if I've spent 12+ hours in Orwell's Room 101. Not fun by any standard. Can't explain why. No A350 has produced the same effect on me so far. Of course, I'll take a Boeing over any Airbus, but I'm not here to start another incident.
The last time I flew on SQ's A380 was from SIN to ZRH. It was a terrible experience! The turbulence made it unenjoyable. For the first 9 hours of the 13 hour flight the plane rocked and bounced in the air. Often it jolted from side to side. It was horrible! There weren't any storms or anything. The pilot apologized and said it was caused by crosswinds, but we weren't even flying at the same heading the entire time, so that seems a bit odd! My wife was with me and we were in Suites and at least she seemed to enjoy it! She still talks about it.

​​​​​​

Originally Posted by gary_nj
The A380 seems to be increasingly difficult to find - many dates have the business classes zero'ed out of the business fare classes on EF.

Edited to add: At least with married segments on "natural" connections - looking at overnights in FRA, there seems to be better availability.
All the people booking this fare have taken most of the available seats! Haha! There weren't that many dates that worked to begin with.
gary_nj likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:14 pm

My routing is SIN-FRA-LIS-LHR and AMS-LIS-FRA-SIN, booked through an OTA as a multi-city itinerary with one booking reference. However, they ticketed the outbound and inbound flights separately, resulting in two Amadeus PNRs and two e-ticket numbers. When I checked MMB on both SQ and TP, neither of the PNRs make references to the flights in the other direction. From the perspective of SQ and TP, it appears that they see my flights as two one-way itineraries.

On the outbound, I am considering to not show up for the FRA-LIS-LHR segments and end my journey at FRA instead (no checked bags). Can the OTA unilaterally cancel the AMS-LIS-FRA-SIN segments on the account of me having no-showed on two segments of a "round-trip" itinerary, despite having two e-ticket numbers?

Last edited by eriond; Feb 27, 2024 at 7:59 pm
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
When I find this fare on Google Flights, it doesn't show through the TAP Portugal link but does on eDreams.

Is eDreams safe to book on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.