Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
I've flown SQ C for 1450 EUR roundtrip AMS-SIN as recently as 12 month ago. SQ-issued tickets

So this price point is not unusual for the routing and airline.

Now TAP is unpredictable and who knows what was going trough their minds when filling the fare.

But in my experience this is a totally legit fare for this route & airline.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:36 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
I've flown SQ C for 1450 EUR roundtrip AMS-SIN as recently as 12 month ago. SQ-issued tickets

So this price point is not unusual for the routing and airline.

But in my experience this is a totally legit fare for this route & airline.
nowadays you can call yourself lucky when you get an economy class seat on Singapore Airlines on AMS-SIN for that 1400€ price.

so when the pricepoint is not unusual for the routing and airline as you qoute - why has the fare been deleted and been replaced by 3000€ on top of the previously filed fares?
cruser1 likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Well. codeshare agreements are mostly revenue share agreements where the operating carrier gets a part of the value of the fare sold. in its easiest form the ticket price is split between all sectors based on the flown distance.
I mean, the details aren't made publicly available. You might be right, but I suspect it's more complicated than that.

Even if you take fuel surcharge into account I can't imagine that SQ will accept anyone flying their business class cabin for that segment price. There have been cases in the past where SQ simply denied boarding.
Several other people have pointed out that's not such a ridiculous price. And I'd like to see an example of somebody having boarding denied for a ticket that was paid for and not canceled ahead of time, just because of what the price was.

As a simple comparison SQ very own business class base fares for roundtrips from Europe to Singapore don't start below 2000.
Meaningless, for two reasons. One, it's illegal for SQ and TP to coordinate their fares. Two, just because they're not currently offering a promotional price doesn't mean that they never do.

When you look at the fare structure on the routes you can clearly see that these fares were not "promotion fares" but "common misfiled error fares" because the price was way too low across ALL fare buckets.
This, on the other hand, I agree with, and it was the only thing that really gave me pause.

Still, fingers crossed for all who were able to book the faren - my guess is that the tickets will be cancelled.
I'm not traveling until November. If they want to cancel my flight in the next week or two, fine -- nothing ventured, nothing gained. If they try to deny boarding in November without bothering to inform me about it, well, that's a horse of a different color.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Well, TAP deleted all the fares for both LHR and AMS a few days ago and have since replaced the fares to London, but not Amsterdam. Very odd! While the base fare of the original fare I posted ($474) was a little low, this one really isn't that far off compared to the usual!

For the most part the flights that fall under these fares route through Dubai (DXB) and are very expensive, but there is a single date in December that falls under that first fare and has a low UK APD due to the timings of the flight from Lisbon.

Otherwise, here are the prices from smallest to largest of the other flight routings.
Spoiler

Code:
Fare Routing Search:
Departing SIN on 09/18/24 for LHR
Fare basis code ZF0EXI0C
Flying TP
Routing via Eastern Hemisphere

SIN-LON       CXR-TP       WED 18SEP24                     USD
THE FOLLOWING CARRIERS ALSO PUBLISH FARES SIN-LON:
3U 9W A3 AA AB AF AI AY AZ BA BD BG BI BR BT CA CI CX CZ DE DI 
EI EK ET EW EY GA GF GS HG HM HO HU HX HY IB IG IT JL JP JU K0 
KE KL KU LH LO LX MF MH MK MS MU NH NW NZ OS OU OZ PR PS QF QR 
RJ SA SK SN SQ SU SV TG TK UA UL UN UX VN VS WY ZH 
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
  SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED
SGD CONVERTED TO USD USING BSR 1 SGD - 0.74388601 USD          
TP     SINLON.EH       18SEP24          MPM  8588
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   ZF0EXI0C       Z R   727.00 E28FE  T28FE  -/3  -/12M EH01
  2   ZF0EXI0C       Z R   862.00 E29FE  S28FE  -/3  -/12M EH01
  3   ZF0EXI0C       Z R  4077.00     ----      -/3  -/12M EH02

EH01*  /WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/ PUBLISHED RTG 1995
       1. SIN-ROM/MIL/FRA/BCN-LIS-LON
       2. SIN-LON
EH02*  /WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/ PUBLISHED RTG 1994
       1. SIN-DXB-LIS-LON

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

jsloan and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by jsloan
I mean, the details aren't made publicly available. You might be right, but I suspect it's more complicated than that.

Several other people have pointed out that's not such a ridiculous price. And I'd like to see an example of somebody having boarding denied for a ticket that was paid for and not canceled ahead of time, just because of what the price was.

Meaningless, for two reasons. One, it's illegal for SQ and TP to coordinate their fares. Two, just because they're not currently offering a promotional price doesn't mean that they never do.

This, on the other hand, I agree with, and it was the only thing that really gave me pause.

I'm not traveling until November. If they want to cancel my flight in the next week or two, fine -- nothing ventured, nothing gained. If they try to deny boarding in November without bothering to inform me about it, well, that's a horse of a different color.
ec/uk261 kicks in, buy a full fare ticket on the spot to singapore then sue them
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by SweetBerry
Airlines can definitely divorce the segments, but that depends on whether they are willing to.

GDS do have mechanisms that prevent agents ticket MSC segments separately beforehand.

I'm not sure if it's actually Married Segment causing it. Confused agents can think it's an entire international itinerary (because everything is under one PNR and they see that, even though there are two tickets) and they want to check-in to the final destination with luggage and documents. How long is the time between domestic segment and international segment? If it's not overnight, I can guess the check-in agent just think it's an international itinerary and they don't want to short check
indeed. ive flown gib-lhr-mia and at gib they got lazy and tokd me to do visa check at lhr
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
ec/uk261 kicks in, buy a full fare ticket on the spot to singapore then sue them
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. In my case, it'd be the flight from Singapore. Since it's a TAP flight number, EC.261 probably applies, but I'd rather not have to find out. But I really don't expect it to get to the point where people are being denied boarding without notice.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. In my case, it'd be the flight from Singapore. Since it's a TAP flight number, EC.261 probably applies, but I'd rather not have to find out. But I really don't expect it to get to the point where people are being denied boarding without notice.
iirc it's the OPERATING airline that is accountable for EC261. so, the long leg either way wouldnt count.
However, for eastbound flights it's the arrival time at SIN that counts (so if you have a long FRA transit, it can absorb any delays that doesnt eat into the FRA departure)
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
iirc it's the OPERATING airline that is accountable for EC261. so, the long leg either way wouldnt count.
Not to get too deep into the weeds, but all flights departing an EC member state are covered, regardless of carrier. So FRA-SIN / MXP-SIN / etc. would all be covered. However, it does appear that in the mishmash of illogical EC.261 court findings, a codeshare flight to the EC with a non-Community carrier are not covered, so SIN-FRA / SIN-MXP / etc. are not covered. However, for the specific scenario being discussed here, where a customer is denied boarding due, essentially, to a ticketing failure, I'd think that a case could be made against the ticketing airline. But it's definitely not as simple as "buy a full-fare ticket and sue," because there's a definite risk of losing the suit.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:49 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

If I look into the rules for denied boarding (bolding mine):
If you have presented yourself on time for check-in with a valid flight reservation and travel documentation and you're denied boarding by the airline due to overbooking or for operational reasons, and you don't voluntarily give up your seat, you are entitled to...
The question remains: is your ticket valid or not. Should an airline invalidate your ticket, then the denied boarding does not fall under EU/UK261. You are then in a position to argue against the airline on the validity. I would certainly not buy a really expensive ticket and sue them expecting all will be OK.
jsloan and lensovet like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:50 pm

Managed to book SIN-MXP-LIS and LIS-LHR-SIN in 1 reservation. I am trying to plan if possible to depart in LHR instead.
is it possible to:
1) Check in at LHR for the second leg only ?
2) Amend the booking to only LHR-SIN? ( can't seem to find any amend reservation option on TAP manage booking)

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by jcys91
Managed to book SIN-MXP-LIS and LIS-LHR-SIN in 1 reservation. I am trying to plan if possible to depart in LHR instead.
is it possible to:
2) Amend the booking to only LHR-SIN? ( can't seem to find any amend reservation option on TAP manage booking)

Thanks
I don't know about changing without having a large fare difference, but no, you cannot skip your LIS to LHR flight. Fare rules say any segments not flown cancels any remaining sectors.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:13 am
Formerly known as tireman77

is it possible to:

Thanks
You purchased a trip from between SIN-LIS not individual segments. If you call in to change the outbound they will reprice the ticket to SIN-LIS and LHR-SIN which will probably cost several thousands of dollars more.

As stated above, if you miss any leg, it automatically cancels all other legs on the ticket. Some people chose to skip the last leg, but I consider that morally wrong when done in an intentional and premeditated fashion, (others without character will certainly chime in objecting to this opinon, but I digress).
jsloan likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by PLeblond
You purchased a trip from between SIN-LIS not individual segments. If you call in to change the outbound they will reprice the ticket to SIN-LIS and LHR-SIN which will probably cost several thousands of dollars more.

As stated above, if you miss any leg, it automatically cancels all other legs on the ticket. Some people chose to skip the last leg, but I consider that morally wrong when done in an intentional and premeditated fashion, (others without character will certainly chime in objecting to this opinon, but I digress).
Thank you. Can i also confirm that if i miss the MXP-LIS, it will also cause my entire LIS-LHR-SIN legs to be cancelled, given that I had booked a R/T instead of 2 O/W...
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:40 am

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you. Can i also confirm that if i miss the MXP-LIS, it will also cause my entire LIS-LHR-SIN legs to be cancelled, given that I had booked a R/T instead of 2 O/W...
Yes, if you skip segments on your outbound your inbound segments will also be cancelled.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.