Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:57 am

Just got a cancellation email.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
There was never any doubt on this, except from the usual worriers..

This is a decent, but not unusual price for the airline & route.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
I guess there is a serious doubt.
Just got the following email from TAP two minutes ago:

Dear XX

TAP informs that, due to an error in the system on which your reservation was issued, it had to be cancelled.

We are already refunding you of the total amount paid, in the same form of payment used to make the reservation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in your travel plans and look forward seeing you soon aboard our airplanes.

For additional assistance or questions regarding your flight reservation or flight status, contact:
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Also just got that exact same email.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:07 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by DevDedication

Dear XX

TAP informs that, due to an error in the system on which your reservation was issued, it had to be cancelled.

We are already refunding you of the total amount paid, in the same form of payment used to make the reservation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in your travel plans and look forward seeing you soon aboard our airplanes.

For additional assistance or questions regarding your flight reservation or flight status, contact:
When had you booked? And when is you planned departure date?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
When had you booked? And when is you planned departure date?
Had two one-ways booked on 27th Feb and 28th for flights in September and October.
One ticket booked via TAP directly and one via Amex. Both are cancelled now but no email from Amex yet.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by cruser1
Not panicked. Mine is still active.
Did you get the cancellation email?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:32 am

mine is no longer confirmed…
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:33 am

I guess TAP tapped out...
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by captainarabiia
I guess TAP tapped out...
I guess I'm not going to Tap that.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:47 am

They took their time cancelling received the same TAP email. Better luck next time.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by DevDedication

Dear XX

Ha, that's a good timing from TAP to prove me wrong

As I said from the beginning, TAP is unpredictable.

Really bad from them to cancel this after all that time. For sure there will be people already booked the connections, hotels and the rest.

I'm not one of those, but this performance will prevent me from flying TAP ever again.

I don't sponsor a**holes.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IC RA, Hilton Gold etc
I also just got an cancellation email from TP for a similar flight AMS-SIN (TP/SQ) - any ideas if we really have to accept this?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Didn't received an email yet but my booking is empty on TAP website and cannot enter anymore with the PNR on SQ website (departure from AMS late october)

It seems that AMEX received a request of refund, let's see

Last edited by AurelAF96; Mar 15, 2024 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
There was never any doubt on this, except from the usual worriers..
It's not worrying - it's putting information pieces together from 20 years error fare handling observation to get a very reliable prediction whether the fare will be honored or not.
unfortunately the probability of these kind of fares being honored has decreased significantly in the last years.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:23 pm

Are they only cancelling tickets in September and October? I’ve know someone with tickets in June and July still confirmed. Also the price of this fare doesn’t seem to really take off either, Vietnam and China Eastern offering very similar prices are there no chance for an argument for this one?
HarbourGent likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.