Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Gold, KrisFlyer Silver, British Airways - Silver
I just got a message that my last two flights: BCN-LIS-AMS were cancelled. My SIN-BCN flight is still intact... very strange.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by jcys91
Thank you. Can i also confirm that if i miss the MXP-LIS, it will also cause my entire LIS-LHR-SIN legs to be cancelled, given that I had booked a R/T instead of 2 O/W...
Ex-Italy sectors can be cancelled in some cases without affecting the rest of the booking, if I recall correctly, although whether that is honoured when you turn up at a non-Italian airport seems like a dicey proposition. If you search the archives on Flyertalk you should find discussion of this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by ThirdCultureKid
I just got a message that my last two flights: BCN-LIS-AMS were cancelled. My SIN-BCN flight is still intact... very strange.
Where did you book the flights, and when is your trip?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

That is odd, since they did file that new fare to London which isn't that far off in total price including taxes and fees from their original fare. Will they honor the flights to London, but not Amsterdam, since they didn't re-file a fare to AMS?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by cruser1
That is odd, since they did file that new fare to London which isn't that far off in total price including taxes and fees from their original fare. Will they honor the flights to London, but not Amsterdam, since they didn't re-file a fare to AMS?
Relax... I highly suspect that the ticket where the BCN-LIS-AMS segments dropped was confirmed but never actually ticketed by the airline. Hence, the confirmed (but never paid for) seats dropped from the reservation. It's just a matter of time the SIN-BCN segment will drop as well.

After every sale, we always see this type of panic post of "hm weird my xxx-xxx segment disappeared, omg what do I do"...
Travel-Quinten and cruser1 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by newflyer530
After every sale, we always see this type of panic post of "hm weird my xxx-xxx segment disappeared, omg what do I do"...
So true....
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Relax... I highly suspect that the ticket where the BCN-LIS-AMS segments dropped was confirmed but never actually ticketed by the airline. Hence, the confirmed (but never paid for) seats dropped from the reservation. It's just a matter of time the SIN-BCN segment will drop as well.

Not panicked. Mine is still active.
newflyer530 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue - Gold, KrisFlyer Silver, British Airways - Silver

they were all ticketed by the way, not just confirmed.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
they were all ticketed by the way, not just confirmed.
Well, you booked a roundtrip on Kiwi.com where they merge two one-way's to create a roundtrip itinerary. Always tricky with Kiwi. You previously said that your outbound had not been ticketed.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:58 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Friends don't let friends book on kiwi.com...
honzeek_cz and zip10001 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Purchased the booking last week directly from TAP website.
Booked SIN-FRA-LIS-AMS. Everything was ticketed immediately after payment, and had the e-tickets emailed to me.

I used the same booking ref to pull on the SQ website, segment for SIN-FRA shows as Z class business fare, on SQ A380.
Managed to secure and select seats, and confirmed.

As of today, ticket is still showing confirmed. I took a stab at it and try selecting book the cook, but the system keeps spitting me this error.
I know this is the last thing to be concerned with rn, so still waiting to see how TAP will proceed going forward with this.

In the past when TAP cancels a ticket, do they send an email about the cancellation? Or is it a denied boarding kind of situation on day of departure?
Trying to ask about past experiences, so I can better plan my travels from Europe..

Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:08 pm

Programs: *G, OWE
Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Purchased the booking last week directly from TAP website.
Booked SIN-FRA-LIS-AMS. Everything was ticketed immediately after payment, and had the e-tickets emailed to me.

I used the same booking ref to pull on the SQ website, segment for SIN-FRA shows as Z class business fare, on SQ A380.
Managed to secure and select seats, and confirmed.

As of today, ticket is still showing confirmed. I took a stab at it and try selecting book the cook, but the system keeps spitting me this error.
I know this is the last thing to be concerned with rn, so still waiting to see how TAP will proceed going forward with this.

In the past when TAP cancels a ticket, do they send an email about the cancellation? Or is it a denied boarding kind of situation on day of departure?
Trying to ask about past experiences, so I can better plan my travels from Europe..

If your SQ flights have a TPxxxx flight number then it is quite possibly a manifestation of a common problem/frustration trying to utilize BTC with a codeshare flight number. I have a TPxxxx flight number for my SQ SIN-MXP-BCN flight and get the same message on the SQ website when trying to BTC. The SQ forum has a BTC thread that contains some details.
lensovet and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:33 pm

AFAIK you can book BTC 4 months in advance or less.
Jacky Leong likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:50 pm

Was anyone already be able to fly this fare?
So far seems like it sticks.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by DevDedication
Was anyone already be able to fly this fare?
So far seems like it sticks.
There was never any doubt on this, except from the usual worriers..

This is a decent, but not unusual price for the airline & route.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.