Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by jrweaver912
Priceline ax fell ;(
Even after I called after first emails and had flights re-added.

What are next steps?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Priceline cancelled my booking earlier too .
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:18 am

Any news from mytrip? I booked with them, my pnr became unusable yesterday. I'm just curious to see how long refunds will take now
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by NHarmonia
Any news from mytrip? I booked with them, my pnr became unusable yesterday. I'm just curious to see how long refunds will take now
There are no refunds (unless you get a specific email or on the phone that mentions refund is initiated), this is another limbo stage where they keep your money for a while until you do something about it....Your ticket is in a unrecoverable coma basically, but not officially pronounced dead yet.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eh220160
similarly intact (045 + itinerary + ota) here - fingers crossed!!
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Just out of curiosity, when were you due to fly the first leg of this trip?
I was booked for Feb 2023.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Thought I would share this email I received from Priceline.

We were notified recently by LATAM Airlines of a fare filing error which resulted in invalid fares being ticketed for certain cabin class inventory, including for the fares that you recently booked through our site. We have been advised by the airline that they will not honor your reservation as booked, and your reservation has been cancelled.

A refund has been initiated on your behalf for the total unused ticket amount. The refund will be processed back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this fare filing error.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by NHarmonia
Tried calling earlier to see if I could be rebooked or something, 80th in the queue so promptly hung up lol....No communication from them as yet.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by davem4
Even after I called after first emails and had flights re-added.

What are next steps?
You wait for the refund and move on - one experience wiser. Nothing gained, nothing lost.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
With the impending hammer coming down. Best of luck to those whom still have live tickets for the ability to fly as ticketed, and those whom have cancellations for a speedy refund with the least impact of fees from the OTAs
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: QF LTG
I received a phone call from lastminute.com's uk office. My booking was made on rumbo.es which is under the same ownership.
They said the airline had voided my ticket due to a "mistake" in issuing it. There was absolutely no budging about reissuing the ticket and they refused to push back against the airline. I informed them I expect my money back by end of next week or I will begin the charge back on my credit card.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yes, ok, they're canceling and refunding.the tickets. No need to post the same Priceline email for the fifth time.

More importantly, who's suing?
I'm wondering what would be the correct jurisdiction for someone who has booked on Priceline. The US? But the payment was made to LATAM. So Chile? Spain as the country of departure?

I'm usually not one to sue, but in this case, I actually think it would be tempting to try it just for the lulz.
Class action lawsuits typically aren't a thing in Europe though. But I guess one of us could sue, and others could chip in for the lawyer fees.
Also most countries don't require a lawyer in small claims court. Would probably make the most sense if someone from Spain could try this (clearer jurisdiction and the language skills would probably help).

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Jun 23, 2022 at 9:12 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Hi, I got the ticket at €900. Certainly not the great price mentioned at the beginning, but still great fare.
Purchased directly at iberia.com and itinerary is ok as of today.
Flying Machine and palmanfr like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:45 am

Still got mine too. Two tickets in Iberia (950euros each) and Two “cheap” tickets in Booking.com. All the reservations still alive.

But as I have read here and also on twitter, I think they will be canceled sooner or later. I am from Spain and As I fly on 23 December and this dates are complicated, I will start legal actions if my tickets are canceled . Indeed if the cancellation takes longer I am loosing precious time to find good prices for christmas, I am flying to see my family.

And this is the thing that makes all this situation even more “difficult to understand” for me. Why havent they canceled all the tickets at the same time? Once the fare with the wrong price is located by the airline and the date and exact time with this price are well known, why they didn’t make a search on their data base and cancel all the tickets? Here I have read people with Latam tickets cancelled, but also Iberia tickets… and other people with tickets still Alive… Everyone with different dates, some have tickets for next month alive some for december cancelled … no sense ….
nk15 and ComandantePuchinetta like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Hola Elena, I also live in Spain. Sent you a DM.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Elena2611
And this is the thing that makes all this situation even more “difficult to understand” for me. Why havent they canceled all the tickets at the same time? Once the fare with the wrong price is located by the airline and the date and exact time with this price are well known, why they didn’t make a search on their data base and cancel all the tickets? Here I have read people with Latam tickets cancelled, but also Iberia tickets… and other people with tickets still Alive… Everyone with different dates, some have tickets for next month alive some for december cancelled … no sense ….
I think you overestimate the airlines IT systems. I doubt there's a magic button which does it all for them. I'm pretty sure they're going though it manually. I don't know LATAM, but Iberia is known for their archaic IT. And that's a good thing, like I said earlier, some people will be lucky and slip through the cracks thanks to the manual processes involved...
PbodyPhoto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.