Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by wwrjb
Hi All -- I need 4,410 EQM and 0 EQD by end of Feb to hit PP. I can pretty much do any dates...but would do "there and back" on the same day.

Right now I'm thinking LGA - DFW in F is the most logical option as it hits the mileage, but I am wondering if there is a faster way to do it. The least time on a plane possible is the goal.

Departure Airport(s): LGA or JFK
EQMs Needed: 4,410
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $750
Available Travel Dates: Any -- but want to do same day return.
Max # Travel Nights: 0
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anything that earns on AA
LGA-LAX in economy would be a lot cheaper but obviously add a few hours on a plane.

Did you check status.aa.com for a buy-up offer? You might not have to fly at all.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
LGA-LAX in economy would be a lot cheaper but obviously add a few hours on a plane.

Did you check status.aa.com for a buy-up offer? You might not have to fly at all.
Cheaper but time is money :-)

The status.aa.com wants $1,895! Wild. My time is not worth THAT much money to me, that feels ridiculous when I have already hit the $7K in spend.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by wwrjb
Cheaper but time is money :-)

The status.aa.com wants $1,895! Wild. My time is not worth THAT much money to me, that feels ridiculous when I have already hit the $7K in spend.
That is crazy. Maybe AA knows how much you value your time. haha
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Flying once a month transcon for business, and will need ~6 segments to hit 30 for SWU's so I'm planning ahead for fiscal 2022; I'm likely to get EXP but almost certain to maintain PPRO. I'm 20 miles from ONT and 35 miles from LAX, doing my own research, and it looks like my best bet is ONT -> PHX -> LAS for a total of 4 segments so I'd need to do this twice for 8 segments? Example I tested is 3/2/2022 for $180 which has the first leg at 12:13PM - 4:04PM (1.5 hour layover) and then return at 4:59PM to 10:27PM (3 hour layover). I also see some ONT -> PHX -> SFO with both using PHX so the same arrive home, but I'd rather be in LAS and spend less time on a plane to SFO; it does mean I have options though. My other thought is if the Centurion Lounge reopens in LAX, I can do LAX -> LAS or LAX - SFO, and hang out at the lounge for free meals and drinks. The extra "costs" (actual dollars would be like $30 more total so no big deal) would be driving through the city (ugh), and having to do more segment runs (3x times for 6 total segments).I'm new to the airline game so I hope the above makes sense, if someone has any better proposals, or additional feedback? Thanks for reading.

Departure Airport(s): ONT or LAX
Segments Needed: ~6
EQMs Needed: 0
Max Budget: ~$500
Available Travel Dates: Preferably Tuesday through Friday, but need to do same day return
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anything that earns on AA segments
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Raralith
Flying once a month transcon for business, and will need ~6 segments to hit 30 for SWU's so I'm planning ahead for fiscal 2022; I'm likely to get EXP but almost certain to maintain PPRO. I'm 20 miles from ONT and 35 miles from LAX, doing my own research, and it looks like my best bet is ONT -> PHX -> LAS for a total of 4 segments so I'd need to do this twice for 8 segments? Example I tested is 3/2/2022 for $180 which has the first leg at 12:13PM - 4:04PM (1.5 hour layover) and then return at 4:59PM to 10:27PM (3 hour layover). I also see some ONT -> PHX -> SFO with both using PHX so the same arrive home, but I'd rather be in LAS and spend less time on a plane to SFO; it does mean I have options though. My other thought is if the Centurion Lounge reopens in LAX, I can do LAX -> LAS or LAX - SFO, and hang out at the lounge for free meals and drinks. The extra "costs" (actual dollars would be like $30 more total so no big deal) would be driving through the city (ugh), and having to do more segment runs (3x times for 6 total segments).I'm new to the airline game so I hope the above makes sense, if someone has any better proposals, or additional feedback? Thanks for reading.

Departure Airport(s): ONT or LAX
Segments Needed: ~6
Max Budget: ~$500
Available Travel Dates: Preferably Tuesday through Friday, but need to do same day return
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anything that earns on AA segments
Why do this so early in the year? No chance of additional travel coming up?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Why do this so early in the year? No chance of additional travel coming up?
No immediate need to fly, but I did some legwork on Google Flights already so I posted the example here to see if I was on the right track and for some advice/feedback on my possible plans; I'd likely fly late Q2 or late Q3 though. Likely no additional travel beyond business since I've got young kids at home, and I'm already on a plane often enough right now. Taking stops for business doesn't work for me either as I take redeyes, get to my clients, and start to work which is already tiring since I lose 3 hours just flying there. But, I'm more than willing to spend 2-3 days and ~$500 dollars to get 3x SWU's though, and use it for a nice trip for the Mrs and I if we can get a babysitter for a week.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Raralith
No immediate need to fly, but I did some legwork on Google Flights already so I posted the example here to see if I was on the right track and for some advice/feedback on my possible plans; I'd likely fly late Q2 or late Q3 though. Likely no additional travel beyond business since I've got young kids at home, and I'm already on a plane often enough right now. Taking stops for business doesn't work for me either as I take redeyes, get to my clients, and start to work which is already tiring since I lose 3 hours just flying there. But, I'm more than willing to spend 2-3 days and ~$500 dollars to get 3x SWU's though, and use it for a nice trip for the Mrs and I if we can get a babysitter for a week.
Ah, okay. In that case, yes, your examples make sense and seem perfect for what you're trying to accomplish.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:58 pm

Need EQDS to achieve EXP from PP

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQDs Needed: 2,300
Max Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: weekdays in February
Max # Travel Nights: prefer 0 nights but could stay 1-2 days if needed
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): not sure. Have US passport and fully vaccinated with booster.

Last edited by ado3abc; Feb 13, 2022 at 7:36 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: AA
Platinum Pro by end of FEB 2022

Looking to secure Plat Pro by end of FEB 2022. I am currently Platinum.

Departure Airport(s): IAH, HOU also willing to reposition
EQMs Needed: 3696
EQDs Needed: $1387 - I am a little confused because I had a EQD waiver, but it seemed to disappear at the end of January.
Max Budget: $1500
Available Travel Dates: between February 15 - February 28
Max # Travel Nights: 7
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Vaccinated? (Y/N): Y

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Last edited by oliviaso; Feb 13, 2022 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by oliviaso

EQDs Needed: $1387 - I am a little confused because I had a EQD waiver, but it seemed to disappear at the end of January.

If you had the EQD waiver, you should call to get that sorted out before proceeding. 3,696 EQM should be easy, but $1,387 EQD is both much tougher (domestically) and also pure waste if you’re supposed to have the waiver.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by oliviaso

Look at Feb 19 same day return IAH-SEA-FAI- ANC-SEA-IAH in Business for 1100 if you still need both EQD and EQM. This should get 1950 EQD and around 9750 EQM. There are some cheaper options from Austin on AS Business for AUS-ANC-AUS
oliviaso likes this.

Last edited by rajhyd99; Feb 13, 2022 at 9:55 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: American airlines
Ultimate procrastinator…2 weeks left 😳

Trying to do some last-minute travel to lock in PPro or potentially hit ExPlat if I can find the right trips!

Departure Airport(s): RSW, PWM, BOS are best. or can reposition somewhere like PHL/CLT/DCA/ORD or pretty much anywhere on east coast
EQMs Needed: 13k for Pro, 33k for ExPlat
EQDs Needed: none (waiver from CC)
Max Budget: flexible
Available Travel Dates: now through end of Feb, but would like to finish a few days before to be safe
Max # Travel Nights: 0-1 is ideal but up to 4 is fine
AA only, or Partners Okay: whatever will get the EQMs

I know this is last minute, but really appreciate any guidance anyone has! I read through the entire 2021 thread to get ideas/inspiration but still feel like I’m a bit lost.
Probably because I’m looking at flights within the next week (with a holiday weekend), so none of them will likely be great deals. But if there are any destinations that seem to have an efficient enough $ trade off for EQMs, I have the free time to jet around and enjoy it!
I also don’t mind if some segments are in coach and I don’t need to return to the same airport I left from.

Probably a long shot to find anything reasonable, but I’m going to end up booking something either way so greatly appreciate any advice or route ideas.

edit: I don’t need to get all of the miles in one trip. If there is something that could get a bulk of them, then I can book other travel to visit family/friends around that to make up the difference.

Last edited by bethyy; Feb 14, 2022 at 9:59 am Reason: Add note
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by bethyy
Trying to do some last-minute travel to lock in PPro or potentially hit ExPlat if I can find the right trips!

Departure Airport(s): RSW, PWM, BOS are best. or can reposition somewhere like PHL/CLT/DCA/ORD or pretty much anywhere on east coast
EQMs Needed: 13k for Pro, 33k for ExPlat
EQDs Needed: none (waiver from CC)
Max Budget: flexible
Available Travel Dates: now through end of Feb, but would like to finish a few days before to be safe
Max # Travel Nights: 0-1 is ideal but up to 4 is fine
AA only, or Partners Okay: whatever will get the EQMs

I know this is last minute, but really appreciate any guidance anyone has! I read through the entire 2021 thread to get ideas/inspiration but still feel like I’m a bit lost.
Probably because I’m looking at flights within the next week (with a holiday weekend), so none of them will likely be great deals. But, if there are any destinations that seem to have an efficient enough $ trade off for EQMs, I have the free time to jet around and enjoy it!
I also don’t mind if some segments are in coach and I don’t need to return to the same airport I left from.

Probably a long shot to find anything reasonable, but I’m going to end up booking something either way so greatly appreciate any advice or route ideas!!
There’s no way EXP would be worth the huge sum it would cost you to accomplish 33,000 EQM by 2/28. And unless I missed something, the CC EQD waiver only went through Plat Pro.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:02 am

There’s no way EXP would be worth the huge sum it would cost you to accomplish 33,000 EQM by 2/28. And unless I missed something, the CC EQD waiver only went through Plat Pro.
EDIT: nvm totally missed that about the waiver not applicable for exec plat. So scratch that idea…

Last edited by bethyy; Feb 14, 2022 at 10:06 am Reason: Missed something
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:00 am

Do you think plat pro is feasible then? And any route ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.