Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by sushanna1
Currently AA Gold but can reach Platinum if earn 10,786 miles by February 28. Will flying PE from PIT To DUB earn enough miles for me to qualify? I apologize for asking what should be a simple question, but while I can calculate the miles earned, I am having trouble figuring out the bonus miles. If this itinerary doesn't earn enough miles, can anyone suggest alternatives as noted below.

Departure Airport: PIT, PHL, JFK, EWR, BWI, MDT
EQM Miles Needed: 10,786
EQD's Needed: None
Max budget: $1200
Available travel dates: Feb. 18 to Feb. 27/28
Maximum Days: Can stay up to 10 days as long as return before midnight on Feb. 28
AA only or partners, OK: Prefer AA, but will fly partners
Class: Prefer PE for long flights
No way I'd spend $1,200 on an unneeded flight(s) to get from Gold to Platinum. (From Plat to Plat Pro, maybe.)
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Currently AA Gold but can reach Platinum if earn 10,786 miles by February 28. Will flying PE from PIT To DUB earn enough miles for me to qualify? I apologize for asking what should be a simple question, but while I can calculate the miles earned, I am having trouble figuring out the bonus miles. If this itinerary doesn't earn enough miles, can anyone suggest alternatives as noted below.

Departure Airport: PIT, PHL, JFK, EWR, BWI, MDT
EQM Miles Needed: 10,786
EQD's Needed: None
Max budget: $1200
Available travel dates: Feb. 18 to Feb. 27/28
Maximum Days: Can stay up to 10 days as long as return before midnight on Feb. 28
AA only or partners, OK: Prefer AA, but will fly partners
Class: Prefer PE for long flights
If you still want to do this there are couple option to ANC on AS flight Business will get required EQM (AS is 1.5 X Miles Flown). One of options is IAD-LAX-SEA-ANC (Return) on Feb 22 is showing 900 dollars and other dates is 1100.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by js1993
No way I'd spend $1,200 on an unneeded flight(s) to get from Gold to Platinum. (From Plat to Plat Pro, maybe.)
Thanks for the advice. I had hoped to spend less than $1,200 on airfare and may just give up.

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
If you still want to do this there are couple option to ANC on AS flight Business will get required EQM (AS is 1.5 X Miles Flown). One of options is IAD-LAX-SEA-ANC (Return) on Feb 22 is showing 900 dollars and other dates is 1100.
Thanks. Will look into it though the thought of spending time in Alaska in the winter isn't particularly appealing. Was hoping for a combination mileage run and vacation.

Last edited by sushanna1; Feb 1, 2022 at 7:01 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Thanks for the advice. I had hoped to spend less than $1,200 on airfare and may just give up.

Thanks. Will look into it though the thought of spending time in Alaska in the winter isn't particularly appealing. Was hoping for a combination mileage run and vacation.
Look at this JFK-MIA-LAX-SFO for Feb 24 its showing presently for 1104 in Business will get you 15K EQM and you can hit all the AA Flagship lounges with this ticket.
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors.
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Look at this JFK-MIA-LAX-SFO for Feb 24 its showing presently for 1104 in Business will get you 15K EQM and you can hit all the AA Flagship lounges with this ticket.
is this ticket RT? and how/where to book? I don't see this as an option.

I am thinking I may have to go to Anchorage.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by FocusedJedi

Yes its return JFK-MIA-LAX-SFO in Business. Now its showing 1300 for Feb 22.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by FocusedJedi

You can book AA.com JFK-MIA-LAX-SFO and Return for Feb 22..same day return.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:19 pm

Not sure what is your requirement but there is still IAD-LAX-SEA-ANC Return in Business on Feb 17 on AS. its 4 night stay.
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors.
Cool Using Alaska to get Max EQD and some good EQM as well.

I ended up choosing Alaska because I needed EQD more than EQM, Plus I got 2 $500 gift cards for Alaska from Costco for $50 off per $500 so I saved $100 and I will earn $2670 EQD and 13,354 EQM all credited to my AA account.

Run = JFK-SFO-SEA-ANC-FAI-SEA-JFK.
Cost= $1,064

PS: Raj thanks for the insight I may go on that run one of these days.
sushanna1 and rajhyd99 like this.

Last edited by FocusedJedi; Feb 7, 2022 at 2:39 pm Reason: spelling error :(
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: AA
completed, thanks all!

Last edited by newflyer0822; Feb 11, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:38 am

~please delete~

Last edited by LBLB4499; Feb 10, 2022 at 7:47 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:47 am

Hello all. Currently AA Platinum and looking to requalify for the year. I am at 34,330 EQM and $4,328 EQD. Thank you for your help!

Departure Airport(s): JFK,LGA,EWR,HPN (NYC area)
EQMs Needed: 5,670
EQDs Needed: $172
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Feb 19-20; Feb 25-27; could otherwise do a weekday if early morning flights
Max # Travel Nights: 1 (if for redeye)
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay (preference for AA metal if available to use 500-mile certs
Other: AA Platinum at present looking to requalify.

Thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by LBLB4499
Hello all. Currently AA Platinum and looking to requalify for the year. I am at 34,330 EQM and $4,328 EQD. Thank you for your help!

Departure Airport(s): JFK,LGA,EWR,HPN (NYC area)
EQMs Needed: 5,670
EQDs Needed: $172
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Feb 19-20; Feb 25-27; could otherwise do a weekday if early morning flights
Max # Travel Nights: 1 (if for redeye)
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay (preference for AA metal if available to use 500-mile certs
Other: AA Platinum at present looking to requalify.

Thank you!
Have you checked status.aa.com for a buy-up offer? That might be easier and cheaper than trying to fly 5,670 miles domestically for $500 or less.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA
Found it. Thanks

Last edited by newflyer0822; Feb 10, 2022 at 3:52 pm Reason: did more research
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:18 pm

Hi All -- I need 4,410 EQM and 0 EQD by end of Feb to hit PP. I can pretty much do any dates...but would do "there and back" on the same day.

Right now I'm thinking LGA - DFW in F is the most logical option as it hits the mileage, but I am wondering if there is a faster way to do it. The least time on a plane possible is the goal.

Departure Airport(s): LGA or JFK
EQMs Needed: 4,410
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $750
Available Travel Dates: Any -- but want to do same day return.
Max # Travel Nights: 0
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anything that earns on AA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.