Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:15 pm

Need to hit 30 segments (currently at 16) so I can get my 2 Loyalty Choice awards when Exec Plat hits in a few weeks when my AA credit card miles post. I don't care how it gets done, fewer days is better but as long as I hit the segments (preferably by the end of the year), I'm good with whatever pattern I need to fly. I'll even take overnight flights instead of hotel stays if it works better. Hoping to get this done in two runs of a couple days each, but I'm near infinitely flexible on timing.

Departure Airport: CMI, BMI, IND (but happy to drive a bit if a sweet set of flights exists nearby)

Segments Needed: 14
Max Budget: $50-60 a segment would be amazing.
Available Travel Dates: Before the end of the year, preferably.
Max # Travel Nights: Unlimited, as I work remotely and can be gone as long as I want.
AA only, or Partners Okay: As long as the segments count, I don't care.
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

ITA Matrix confuses me to no end, but I'm trying to find a good way to just pinball up and down the east coast (probably starting in IND) for a couple days.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by PvtPublic
Need to hit 30 segments (currently at 16) so I can get my 2 Loyalty Choice awards when Exec Plat hits in a few weeks when my AA credit card miles post. I don't care how it gets done, fewer days is better but as long as I hit the segments (preferably by the end of the year), I'm good with whatever pattern I need to fly. I'll even take overnight flights instead of hotel stays if it works better. Hoping to get this done in two runs of a couple days each, but I'm near infinitely flexible on timing.

Departure Airport: CMI, BMI, IND (but happy to drive a bit if a sweet set of flights exists nearby)

Segments Needed: 14
Max Budget: $50-60 a segment would be amazing.
Available Travel Dates: Before the end of the year, preferably.
Max # Travel Nights: Unlimited, as I work remotely and can be gone as long as I want.
AA only, or Partners Okay: As long as the segments count, I don't care.
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

ITA Matrix confuses me to no end, but I'm trying to find a good way to just pinball up and down the east coast (probably starting in IND) for a couple days.
Your best bet is 3 daytrips from IND to MYR (or similar east coast destinations) with 5 segments each for around $210 per roundtrip. Best days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. (But do not book them on consecutive days to avoid IRROPS).

Samples:

Round trip to Myrtle Beach | Google Flights

Round trip to Myrtle Beach | Google Flights

Start with this link below and just change the dates, trying every remaining Tue, Wed, and Sat on the calendar.

Indianapolis to United States | Explore (google.com)

You may also find similar runs using AA miles, those count, too.

Last edited by nk15; Nov 27, 2022 at 2:32 pm
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Need to hit 30 segments (at 18, with 2 booked on 1/1). DEN based.
Travel dates are weekends and budget is CC points and not cash if possible with rt on same days.

I'm thinking DEN-PHX-LAX, LAX-PHX-DEN in the same day for like $188 rt on BE fares could work unless anyone has a better idea.

My bigger question is how to book it with points, not AA miles (saving those for TATL J/F class trips). I found I can book BE fares on Chase travel with the Ink Preferred (don't have Sapphire Reserve so I can't get the 1.5x) so the 1.25x comes to about 3400 UR points per segment. But I'd rather use Amex MR points as those are less valuable. Is there a way to book the $45/segment BE fares with MR points and still get the Platinum benefit of 30% of your points back? On my initial search I could only find $75 segments for main cabin.

Also just to confirm - as a Ex Plat I can still get a free bag (not that I necessarily need it) and seat choice/upgrade eligibility on BE fares regardless where I purchase them, right?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:13 pm

I am about 1000 BA TP from Lifetime Gold and looking to make a MR in Jan to hit LTG. Based in Seattle was looking at doing 2x SEA-CLT in AA F to get 820 but the prices seem to be around $2k/RT for Jan so not a great deal. Looking for any suggestions from the forum have flex in Jan want to avoid last week if possible - any suggestions?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:50 am

Going for Platinum

Departure Airport: PHL

Miles Needed: 24,580

Required Spend or Budget: 2,000

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Flexible

Available Travel Dates: any weekend

Max # Travel Nights: 2

AA only, or Partners Okay: Flexible

Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

I do have a few work trips planned for January and February of next year but have not been provided a schedule yet.

Last edited by apinkdiva; Dec 12, 2022 at 8:53 am Reason: Format
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by apinkdiva
Departure Airport: PHL

Miles Needed: 24,580

Required Spend or Budget: 2,000

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Flexible

Available Travel Dates: any weekend

Max # Travel Nights: 2

AA only, or Partners Okay: Flexible

I do have a few work trips planned for January and February of next year but have not been provided a schedule yet.
So youre needing LPs and not segments or miles? If so, which I would assume is the case since thats what you need for status, there are better ways to earn them than flying.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Departure Airport: SIN

MilesNeeded: 42000

RequiredSpendorBudget: 2,000

RequiredMetalorCodesharesokay: only AA

AvailableTravelDates: any weekend

Max # Travel Nights:

AA only, or Partners Okay: AA only

I just received Hyatt matched Platinum Pro, so within 4 months, I need to fly 25K to keep platinum/42K to Pro.

I am flexiable to relaction to CGK or near asia Airports.

As I know, AA only reach ICN/NRT/HND, if can extend Japan airline, also work for me.

Last edited by hellointer; Dec 18, 2022 at 4:54 am
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
XMas/New Year AA: Multiple US cities to AKL $445 O/W or $950 R/T - FlyerTalk Forums

Auckland to Dallas | Google Flights
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by dougwhitaker13
So youre needing LPs and not segments or miles? If so, which I would assume is the case since thats what you need for status, there are better ways to earn them than flying.
yes thats correct I would need an additional 20k LPs. What are some ways youd recommend earning them?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by apinkdiva
yes thats correct I would need an additional 20k LPs. What are some ways youd recommend earning them?
I mean there are so many ways. Don't look in the mileage run thread but look in the American Airlines forum directly. There's AAdvantageeshopping, AAdvantageDining, BookAAhotels, RocketMiles, and on and on.
rxgeek likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
The 2022 thread is now closed. Please see the 2023 thread here: AA/One World: 2023 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed - FlyerTalk Forums

Pat89339 for the Mileage Run Moderator Team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.