Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Booked IAD-LHR-GVA-ZUR-LAX with the last led a non stop on Swiss metal. Can someone explain how to choose the seat on Swiss? Should I try a different forum?
Get the Swiss record locator and then go to "manage your booking" on the Swiss site. You should be able to choose seats.
tobikosan and Brucemcdou like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
No stopovers?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by BThumme
Don't forget FRA-BOS. I was able to get that through google flights but that is also a 74H (747-400), not the -8i.
The assigned aircraft in the schedule are just placeholders and it would take a real upswing in traffic to bring the 744s back from the desert.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32690608-post488.html
BThumme likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Everyone!
Good deal but darn if I can't get any of these fares to work with my Travel Credits, even those where the first leg/ transatlantic is operated by United (but connects to a partner).
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:43 am

Been out of the FD game for awhile, but previously you could not 3x any C1-C2 tickets, is this still the case? Or are there any flyable 1x that might exist if i start poking around old tricks? So much fat to cut this could be insanely cheap.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by BThumme
Don't forget FRA-BOS. I was able to get that through google flights but that is also a 74H (747-400), not the -8i.

ORD has it was well, but the night evening flight is scheduled for a 343 on the days i looked.
I used 74H as it is the IATA code for the 747-8i and did not mean the older 747 models.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
How do flight changes work here with the base far so low? For instance, if I end up changing my flights to just be UA LAX-EWR in business and that far is $1,500 would it be a wash? Or would I have to pay the full difference in the far from say $1,300 to $2 and then eat the difference in taxes?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:59 am

Booked PHX-EWR-VIE roundtrip for $1500. Not so much concerned about points earning since I don't fly United much, but a cheap business roundtrip is a nice christmas vacation.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
United metal flights SFO-somewhere in Europe?

Trying to get United lifetime miles so need UA metal; want to end up in Southern Italy, but willing to transit from pretty much any of the Europe hubs. I have only found SFO flights on LH and LS, or via one of the AC routes; I am not great at route searching, can anyone give me advice on routings departing midweek last week of September, returning midweek 3rd week of October? Any help would be much appreciated.
thx,
ST
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
AMS is not an destination! Everywhere else but... ugh!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Trying to get United lifetime miles so need UA metal; want to end up in Southern Italy, but willing to transit from pretty much any of the Europe hubs. I have only found SFO flights on LH and LS, or via one of the AC routes; I am not great at route searching, can anyone give me advice on routings departing midweek last week of September, returning midweek 3rd week of October? Any help would be much appreciated.
thx,
ST
Use googleflights and play with the destinations and dates.

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
Good deal but darn if I can't get any of these fares to work with my Travel Credits, even those where the first leg/ transatlantic is operated by United (but connects to a partner).
You can't use those if there are partner-operated flights on the itinerary. Must be all UA metal.
PGHflyer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by SportsTech
thx,
ST
Use ITA Matrix, Set cities for SFO-NAP, set dates for wed Sept 29 and Wed Oct 20 (And use +/- 1 day), put UA+ in the advanced controls and that will pull up all UA coded options. Scroll through those until you find UA operated on both outbound and return TransAtl segment. There is an easier way to specify only UA operated but it was missing some multi segment options so I think this manual way is a bit better. Here is one. You should be able to either use bookwithmatrix.com or feed segments into UA.com

mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Kacee
Use googleflights and play with the destinations and dates.
Google Flights is a child's toy. If you want to do things like get a specific carrier then you really should invest in learning how to use a more powerful tool such as ITA matrix, or just find a real TA to book for you.
cheltzel, Bohemian1 and Deckter like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PGHflyer
Here are major UA destinations in Europe: FRA, MUC, LHR, CDG, LIS, MAD, BCN, FCO, MXP, VCE, ZRH, BRU, AMS, Geneva. I might miss a few smaller cities.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stephem
Use ITA Matrix, Set cities for SFO-NAP, set dates for wed Sept 29 and Wed Oct 20 (And use +/- 1 day), put UA+ in the advanced controls and that will pull up all UA coded options. Scroll through those until you find UA operated on both outbound and return TransAtl segment. There is an easier way to specify only UA operated but it was missing some multi segment options so I think this manual way is a bit better. Here is one. You should be able to either use bookwithmatrix.com or feed segments into UA.com

Code share flights do not earn United lifetime miles. Only UA and UA Express flights qualify for MM status BIS miles.
United does not fly to NAP. FCO is the closest airport to Southern Italy. SFO-EWR-FCO has about 500 more BIS miles than SFO-FRA (-NAP). The SFO-FRA gives you a longer segment for overnight flight.
Brucemcdou and mildfrequence like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.