Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I was meaning in the example where you leave a FF off ticket and then request credit afterwards. When you provide the ticket number it sees all the flights and credits all of them.

IME you can get a different FF number entered for each flight. Ask before each flight, and get new BP printed showing it. This should cause each to post where you want. It's only an issue IME with all posting to one program if you leave number off and request credit after the fact.
That is my experience too. However, above some of the replies implied that this is not possible (and I believe those are incorrect, so my response was essentially to that).
Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by tobegold
My experience has been that by changing your FFP on a second or subsequent leg on a layover (less than 24 hrs) causes ALL legs to accrue to the last FFP selected. Maybe this will not occur on a stopover, but a least that was my experience a few years back involving AC and UA on my last leg.
Ok, so in the interest of the discussion - I believe that this is NOT correct. Miles accrue to whatever program listed on each individual boarding pass (at the time of boarding).
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tr3k
Ok, so in the interest of the discussion - I believe that this is NOT correct. Miles accrue to whatever program listed on each individual boarding pass (at the time of boarding).
Well that is what happened to me, 3 legs on united, all on same day, changed the last leg to a different FFP at gate, new BP issued, and few days later when checking my accounts saw all miles from the 3 legs posted to the last leg’s FFP. This was 6 or 7 years ago and I posted about it here at that time and others had similar results. Maybe things have changed since, but I have not tried since then either.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I think this mostly comes down to if the segments have different operating carriers and hence different PNRs. The marketing carrier owns the super PNR so the operating carrier(s) generally only touch the child PNR for their flight(s). This means it's possible for there to be multiple FF numbers associated with a single person.

However if all segments are with the same operating carrier, changing the FF number will wipe out the original one on the PNR and so when the processing of mileage accural happens it only uses the latest one. Perhaps the only way it might work in this situation is if the segment prior to the change was a red-eye and the processing of accruals for that date have already occurred before you change the FF number the next day prior to flying the next segment.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by supine
I think this mostly comes down to if the segments have different operating carriers and hence different PNRs. The marketing carrier owns the super PNR so the operating carrier(s) generally only touch the child PNR for their flight(s). This means it's possible for there to be multiple FF numbers associated with a single person.

However if all segments are with the same operating carrier, changing the FF number will wipe out the original one on the PNR and so when the processing of mileage accural happens it only uses the latest one. Perhaps the only way it might work in this situation is if the segment prior to the change was a red-eye and the processing of accruals for that date have already occurred before you change the FF number the next day prior to flying the next segment.
You can assign a FF for each leg. Issue is that a lot of agents only know how/have access to change it for all legs.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You can assign a FF for each leg. Issue is that a lot of agents only know how/have access to change it for all legs.
Good point. What is theoretically possible within the PNR data format spec is much broader than what the airline software UI allows.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
A couple days after the dust has settled, I wasted way to many hours on this. It was like a borderline disorder for me - trying to book something, and then trying to get a perfect itinerary, not being happy, trying to get more miles, etc. I spent probably close to 16 hours both days trying to mess around with this - a large part of the issue was that Air Canada wouldn't book the flights I wanted to, it would error out.

For all the crap UA gets about its website, it was the only thing that was reliable for me for being able to book multi-carrier itineraries I was looking at. And now at least I have two trips to look forward to.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BThumme
A couple days after the dust has settled, I wasted way to many hours on this. It was like a borderline disorder for me - trying to book something, and then trying to get a perfect itinerary, not being happy, trying to get more miles, etc. I spent probably close to 16 hours both days trying to mess around with this - a large part of the issue was that Air Canada wouldn't book the flights I wanted to, it would error out.

For all the crap UA gets about its website, it was the only thing that was reliable for me for being able to book multi-carrier itineraries I was looking at. And now at least I have two trips to look forward to.
Next time try using Google flights. You can put in all your flights that you want, then if you scroll down you’ll see book with Air Canada or with any other firm that they’re offering I typically go carrier direct and it’ll propagate everything into the Air Canada system for you. All you need to do is login and you’re good to go or you can check out as a guest as well
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Next time try using Google flights. You can put in all your flights that you want, then if you scroll down you’ll see book with Air Canada or with any other firm that they’re offering I typically go carrier direct and it’ll propagate everything into the Air Canada system for you. All you need to do is login and you’re good to go or you can check out as a guest as well
Tried that, none of my results would pull up Air Canada in the bottom unless it was only AC metal (like SFO-YYZ-DUB), or said to call AC.

Everything else was mainly united and then a handful of OTAs
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BThumme

I know the pain man I had to use this OTA cheapoair, I had used them once before a few years back so I don't anticipate issues. I wanted to book direct but I getting directed to the AC site as I chose all AC flights TATL but I kept getting errors so had to use another link to the OTA. And of course I did not want to use the UA site so I could get WAY more PQP

I found in the past the AC site wont let you book if a fare class is not available (even thought it seems like it should be if google flights comes up with it) so unfortunately you gotta use an OTA

Mine did ticket to AC Stock (014 tickets) so Im OK with the way it ended up

In the future try some of the other google flights suggested links, they ticket OK, and the confirmation numbers come right up on the carriers site and lets you edit seats etc
BThumme likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Bought a United IAD-LHR-GVA UNited ZUR- LAX for my wife, I have no idea how UNited works, can anyone advise me on the change policy? Asked on UNited Twitter but not hear back. Thank you
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Bought a United IAD-LHR-GVA UNited ZUR- LAX for my wife, I have no idea how UNited works, can anyone advise me on the change policy? Asked on UNited Twitter but not hear back. Thank you
I assume that you were ticketed on UA stock (ticket number starting from 016). There is no change fees, but fare differences will be applied. This means that you will have to pay a lot of more money for changing your mind. If you only want to change the return portion, do it after your trip has begun. The fare differences will only be applied to the return segments in this situation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...re-waiver.html
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Various
I know this is very late, but I wanted to thank the OP for posting this. I was in the middle of nowhere Alaska when a friend saw this and emailed me (normally I would be checking myself, but I was in zero-to-one bar cell phone land). The lack of good internet availability meant that I wasn't able to book this with the highest PQD efficiency, but I still managed to get the tickets for an already planned trip for just $150 more than economy (plus one more minor change of planes). Nice to not hope for PP upgrades! Thanks so much!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Has anyone be able to change the dates of their flights if booked on SWISS??? Are the tickets repriced?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by zip10001
Has anyone be able to change the dates of their flights if booked on SWISS??? Are the tickets repriced?
i’m not too familiar with Swiss, but I’ve had extensive schedule changes and that permits you to change your routing, dates and flights.The fare rules are pretty specific that any voluntary changes creates an add collect, from what I understand Good luck and keep us posted…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.