Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Heads up - the EU just announced as of 8/30 that member states of the EU should re-evaluate entry restrictions for US citizens/residents. I was afraid this would happen, but none of the travel insurance policies will cover this type of scenario, and since we're flying via Canada, it's unlikely any of our flights will be canceled, making a free refund impossible from LH.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm in the same situation. Of note is that European countries will individually decide on their travel restrictions. Hopefully vaccinated travelers are still able to visit without a quarantine.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Confined thread regarding EU entry requirements

Confined thread regarding EU entry requirements:

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Bummer! There was a schedule change for my late October return flights. I did not notice the equipment change from B747 to A333 on LH for FRA-IAD. But I accepted it. In order to get on B748, I will have to add another stop (FRA-EWR-IAD, instead of FRA-IAD nonstop). Wife was very excited to ride on B747. Now, I will have to beg UA to let me add another stop.
BThumme likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Bummer! There was a schedule change for my late October return flights. I did not notice the equipment change from B747 to A333 on LH for FRA-IAD. But I accepted it. In order to get on B748, I will have to add another stop (FRA-EWR-IAD, instead of FRA-IAD nonstop). Wife was very excited to ride on B747. Now, I will have to beg UA to let me add another stop.
Bummer. Good luck!

David
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
How's everyone's schedules holding up?

I had a couple changes on my (Air Canada Ticket) itinerary (DUB-YYZ-BOS-SFO) that allowed me to change to DUB-YYZ-YUL-SFO - which now allows me to finally try (6.5 hours!) on an Air Canada 220.

Anyone else make any changes or have it open to something else?

Also kudos to the Air Canada twitter team for being able to easily make this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
LH swapped my YVR FRA segment from the 747 to the a350 and now I'm sad. Would have been nice to fly this bird one last time on the upper nose section.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I've got LH segments between SFO and MUC in late November that are still on my itin, but are no longer available for booking. Wondering if the flights have been cancelled on some days and just haven't worked all the way through the system yet..
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:28 pm

I did not have to beg United too hard to add a stop at EWR, instead of FRA-IAD nonstop on A333. However, the upper deck on LH B747-8 is closed for seat selection. The call only took 52 min. 😂 😂 ,which was only 6 min longer than another call to 1K line for waitlisting for IN space for another reservation.

Originally Posted by DELee
Bummer. Good luck!

David

Last edited by Kmxu; Sep 28, 2021 at 5:07 pm
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I did not have to beg United too hard to add a stop at EWR, instead of FRA-IAD nonstop on A333. However, the upper deck on LH B747-8 is closed for seat selection. The call only took 52 min. 😂 😂 ,which was only 6 min longer than another call to 1K line for waitlisting for IN space for another reservation.
Oof.

To keep you company on those future UA service calls:

David
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:01 pm

Oof.

https://youtu.be/gC3No41iD3Q

David
I did not try to fix another schedule change today. It would be another hour with a 1K agent. Need to call LH to change to upper deck seats tomorrow. I am afraid that those seats are reserved for high fare pax.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I did not try to fix another schedule change today. It would be another hour with a 1K agent. Need to call LH to change to upper deck seats tomorrow. I am afraid that those seats are reserved for high fare pax.
If it helps, I have an LH 747 upper deck seat still on an ORD-FRA route...at least I hope it's still intact.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:18 am

Got the upper deck seats!

Oof.

https://youtu.be/gC3No41iD3Q

David
I wish that the music played on LH phone line is as pleasant as the Jeopardy music.
My "music-listening" time was 14 min (hang up), 10 min (hang up; connected thru UA a 1 K agent after he could not change my seats) yesterday and 20 min (succeeded) this morning. The grand total is 44 min.

My worry was unfounded. I searched the internet and did not find any evidence to support my worry. So, I called LH again this morning.

Originally Posted by BThumme
If it helps, I have an LH 747 upper deck seat still on an ORD-FRA route...at least I hope it's still intact.
Enjoy your ride on the upper deck for your trip. Certainly, for me, the extra 2-hr trip time and stop are worthy for being able to ride on the upper deck again. When I first booked the trip, FRA-IAD was on B747-400, which had business seats on the nose of the main floor. My wife wanted those first row seats, instead of the upper deck seats. These nose seats are first class seats on LH B747-8. So, I will try again if there is another good deal like this.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:38 pm

Thank you to all who helped with these tickets. I got tickets for family for Greece for Aug, for my mom for her 80th birthday for Spain for Nov, and for family for Italy for New Years. Flights have been so wonderful and nice!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I was able to change the return date of my JFK-ZRH-VIE round-trip on Swiss without an increase of fare (actually a refund of $1.31 lol).
Quite Happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.