Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:23 am

Further Update

Sorry if been covered, but what would be best airline to book with for flexibility on refunds?
Saw reference to UA? Any insights on the best one to book (Swiss vs Luft vs UA) and what could be done if there were needs to cancel.
Thank you so much!!!! Booking several tickets for post Covid trip for my mom with her grandkids!
After research I believe that even though Biz these are non refundable. But, if you cancel, you get credit, and can use that towards future travel. You don't need to use all the credit towards a single ticket. So if you have 1500 credit, you can use towards a 1000 ticket and still have 500 credit for another ticket.

Last edited by thaitraveller; Jul 14, 2021 at 6:33 am Reason: Further Research
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
So making one last change, I now have, booked via AC:

SFO-YYZ-FRA-DUB-FRA-YUL-ORD.

Cost was 1565.

If I've done the math right, crediting to united, that should be 4704 PQP , so a little over 3x back.

I did have a really cool itinerary on UA but would have "only" earned about 1200 pqp.

It looks like i can spend 6 more to get on an LH 744 but lose 90 pqp. Decisions, decisions.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Sorry if been covered, but what would be best airline to book with for flexibility on refunds?
Saw reference to UA? Any insights on the best one to book (Swiss vs Luft vs UA) and what could be done if there were needs to cancel.
These fares are nonrefundable (which should not be a surprise, deeply discounted fares are pretty much always nonrefundable). As I stated earlier, UA has the most generous change rules, and also the best IT for making changes online. Note that the ticket will reprice if you change it prior to departure.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
UA and AC have $1 base fares currently for P...
I tried booking an all LX itinerary in August 2021 on the UA website (ORD-ZRH-ATH ... all LX metal as UA codeshares) and it was 4 PQF, 1402 PQP and just over 7000 base award miles. The UA/AC flights had similar earnings.

Last edited by cheltzel; Jul 14, 2021 at 8:00 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:58 am

What are some routes with 747? I'm only seeing YYZ-FRA
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I believe the 74H is only available on ORD-FRA flights. I was able to force google flights to route exclusively through FRA for August 11 outbound and August 18 and it returned an itinerary priced at $1577 (USD) for ORD-FRA-ATH that was bookable only on the LH website. But it took me to the seat selection and payment pages.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I believe the 74H is only available on ORD-FRA flights.
JFK and EWR, depending on dates.

I would only fly it for novelty value (and would avoid for overnights). The UA and LX seats are much better.
denkigroove likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I believe the 74H is only available on ORD-FRA flights. I was able to force google flights to route exclusively through FRA for August 11 outbound and August 18 and it returned an itinerary priced at $1577 (USD) for ORD-FRA-ATH that was bookable only on the LH website. But it took me to the seat selection and payment pages.
I thought that was a 789 for some reason....
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
JFK and EWR, depending on dates.
IAH-FRA and MIA-FRA too.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Don't forget FRA-BOS. I was able to get that through google flights but that is also a 74H (747-400), not the -8i.

ORD has it was well, but the night evening flight is scheduled for a 343 on the days i looked.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:57 am

Booked AUS-ORD-FRA-LUX for the 747 w/ BRU-FRA-AUS return for December. Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by BThumme
Don't forget FRA-BOS. I was able to get that through google flights but that is also a 74H (747-400), not the -8i.
ORD has it was well, but the night evening flight is scheduled for a 343 on the days i looked.
They have all the same bad hard product so it doesn‘t matter.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Booked EWR-ZRH-VIE round-trip on Swiss in October for $1544!
Hope the tickets do not get cancelled...
Thanks OP.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Booked IAD-LHR-GVA-ZUR-LAX with the last led a non stop on Swiss metal. Can someone explain how to choose the seat on Swiss? Should I try a different forum?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Booked two of us SFO-ZRH-HAJ outbound and DUS-ZRH-SFO on the return, all on LX metal. ~$1620 each. Booked on the Chase UR portal and burned about 108K UR points per ticket (1.5 cents per UR since I have CSR). I have never used the Chase travel site before and am concerned about making changes. They claim no fees for changes, as does Expedia, which is what the Chase site apparently uses in the back end. I have about 8 hours until my "free 24 hr cancellation" window ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.