Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
What website?

Originally Posted by jfkeze
ATL-TIJ would earn 8277 MQMs 2207 MQDs 3.18 MQD Ratio

ATL-CUN would earn 6387 MQMs 1703 MQDs 3.30 MQD Ratio
What website is this? I want to be able to see the fare class. Can't see it on Aeromexico or google flights.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by flying wine
What website is this? I want to be able to see the fare class. Can't see it on Aeromexico or google flights.
ITA Matrix
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:59 pm

Thanks Canuck-

I saw this run after using ITA. Do you/anyone know how many MQMs and MQDs I would receive from this run? It looks pretty solid. I'm pretty sure those 767 segments on Delta would be Delta-One. Even with 2 Delta segments, as long as I book on AeroMexico website, it should still receive certain bonuses?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:57 pm

Thanks Canuck-

I saw this run after using ITA. Do you/anyone know how many MQMs and MQDs I would receive from this run? It looks pretty solid. I'm pretty sure those 767 segments on Delta would be Delta-One. Even with 2 Delta segments, as long as I book on AeroMexico website, it should still receive certain bonuses?
In Aeromexico business class I, 150% MQMs and 40% MQD is earned. Based on that, MQMs for this itinerary should be 14,868 (9912 * 1.5) and MQDs is $3964 (9912 * .4)
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
In Aeromexico business class I, 150% MQMs and 40% MQD is earned. Based on that, MQMs for this itinerary should be 14,868 (9912 * 1.5) and MQDs is $3964 (9912 * .4)

How are the MQDs 9912 * .4? MQDs are the qualification dollars. Wouldn't it be the price of the ticket ($772) * .4?

I don't mean to be a pain about the questions. Just want to make sure before I book the ticket and take the time to travel that I know what I'm receiving in terms of MQM and MQD. Thank you!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:55 am

How are the MQDs 9912 * .4? MQDs are the qualification dollars. Wouldn't it be the price of the ticket ($772) * .4?

I don't mean to be a pain about the questions. Just want to make sure before I book the ticket and take the time to travel that I know what I'm receiving in terms of MQM and MQD. Thank you!
When the trip is ticketed on a partner airline, the MQD calculation is based on mileage flown according to fare class and airline. Please take a look at the earnings page that I linked to in the previous post. You can earn a lot more MQDs when flying on partner airlines.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

It's all about Partner Airlines with Delta... RDMs and MQDs are based on Distance and not Spend. So these are extremely lucrative...
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:04 pm

Aeromexico Questions

So I booked this on Aeromexico and it actually came to $664 which is awesome. I see in the Aeromexico App that I can link it to my Delta Skymiles account. Is this ok? The reason I am asking these questions is that I had a major issue with KLM when my Skymiles number did not transfer onto my boarding pass. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Am I best off just checking-in at the airport, not using the app, and doing it the old fashioned way? I can see on actual confirmation ticket that my Skymiles number is on there. Also, since my first segment is Delta One, will I be able to access the Skyclub? Thanks again to everyone in this community. I appreciate it a lot!
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:07 pm

Aeromexico Questions

So I booked this on Aeromexico and it actually came to $664 which is awesome and according the formula should net me 12,712 MQM and 3,390 MQD (If I'm incorrect here please let me know, I simply just followed the formula presented in earlier posts)

I see in the Aeromexico App that I can link it to my Delta Skymiles account. Is this ok? The reason I am asking these questions is that I had a major issue with KLM when my Skymiles number did not transfer onto my boarding pass. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Am I best off just checking-in at the airport, not using the app, and doing it the old fashioned way? I can see on actual confirmation ticket that my Skymiles number is on there. Also, since my first segment is Delta One, will I be able to access the Skyclub? Thanks again to everyone in this community. I appreciate it a lot!
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:10 pm

Aeromexico Questions

So I booked this on Aeromexico and it actually came to $664 which is awesome. I see in the Aeromexico App that I can link it to my Delta Skymiles account. Is this ok? Will I still receive the bonus for using the partner airline if I use my Delta Skymiles app? The reason I am asking these questions is that I had a major issue with KLM when my Skymiles number did not transfer onto my boarding pass. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Am I best off just checking-in at the airport, not using the app, and doing it the old fashioned way? I can see on actual confirmation ticket that my Skymiles number is on there. Also, since my first segment is Delta One, will I be able to access the Skyclub? Thanks again to everyone in this community. I appreciate it a lot!
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Do yourself a favor, get paper boarding passes at the check-in counter, and make sure your DL SM account appear on each of them. This would be your supporting documentation in case they are not posted correctly by Delta after completion of flights.

Also, don't expect too much in your D1 experience between JFK and LAX. Hard product: 767 is aging equipment; soft product, Delta is only offering snack boxes in D1 at current time.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
You can earn a lot more MQDs when flying on partner airlines.
Isn't that actually really stupid of them? I haven't a clue of how the financials work in the biz but I would think if someone took a flight and could pay their USA based airline or the partner code share... or pick between equal options... they would want to NOT reward using the partner over direct. And it's not like they can't share with one another the costs/prices... I hope this doesn't end one day so perhaps I should just shut up and try to remember the original glory days of mileage runs.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Question Need help reaching Diamond

Hi! I hope I'm posting this in the correct place- I promise I read all the stickies- I'm new here and my brain is just sort of overwhelmed with new information. If this isn't right would someone please direct me to where I need to be? I'm a Skymiles member trying to reach Diamond so I'm not doing the match Challenge.

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles needed: 70,000
Budget: Preferably under $1,000 because I have a Delta Amex with that limit but if that's a fools wish I think I could reasonably do three or four trips totaling $4,000
Date Constraints: I am already traveling February 28th-March 7th, April 20th-27th, and June 11th-June 16th. I cannot miss Christmas or Thanksgiving with my family. And that's literally it.

Thanks for all of the information I've already learned so much from you guys!
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by lalatravels
Hi! I hope I'm posting this in the correct place- I promise I read all the stickies- I'm new here and my brain is just sort of overwhelmed with new information. If this isn't right would someone please direct me to where I need to be? I'm a Skymiles member trying to reach Diamond so I'm not doing the match Challenge.

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles needed: 70,000
Budget: Preferably under $1,000 because I have a Delta Amex with that limit but if that's a fools wish I think I could reasonably do three or four trips totaling $4,000
Date Constraints: I am already traveling February 28th-March 7th, April 20th-27th, and June 11th-June 16th. I cannot miss Christmas or Thanksgiving with my family. And that's literally it.

Thanks for all of the information I've already learned so much from you guys!
Do you need RDM (Redeemable miles) or more likely MQM (Medallion Qualifying Miles)? Also do you need MQDs?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I currently have
  • 29,590 MQMs
  • 2 MQSs
  • $1,034 MQDs
So there goes the budget I guess

Last edited by lalatravels; Feb 22, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.