Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:42 am

Got the cancellation notification from Expedia....

*Update: LATAM is not planning to give refunds. They only offer a voucher to book another flight... Per EU261/2004, a pasenger has the right for a full refund when the airline cancels. #staytuned
*Upade2: "We have worked on your refund request with the airline directly. However, they were not able to provide us with a resolution since they assigned your case to a another department and we'll be able to receive an answer until Tuesday."
raporot likes this.

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Sep 17, 2020 at 12:16 pm
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ChokedNozzle
So probably it will never be charged. Curious if the same applies to people who payed with PayPal?
I'm quite confident that PayPal charged your cc immediately.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Got an email from Expedia that LATAM cancelled one of the two trips I booked. The charges also posted to my Amex card overnight. I guess it's time to drop some chargebacks.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Got the cancellation notification from Expedia....

*Update: LATAM is not planning to give refunds. They only offer a voucher to book another flight... Per EU261/2004, a pasenger has the right for a full refund when the airline cancels. #staytuned
Probably just an agent making up garbage. The ticket is a fully refundable ticket anyways on top of the passenger refund rights for a flight cancellation.
raporot and Travel-Quinten like this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:11 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Probably just an agent making up garbage. The ticket is a fully refundable ticket anyways on top of the passenger refund rights for a flight cancellation.
in corona times i wont be so sure about "Full Refund" rules, or any rules which airlines keeps...except MASQUERADE for sure!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I just got an email from LATAM.

Dear Passenger.

We hope that you and your family are well. We are sorry to inform you that due to an accidental software error, we had to cancel your ticket to South America.

This software error generated an incorrect charge, which will be refunded within a maximum period of 60 days to the means of payment that you selected at the time of purchasing.

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused.

If you purchased your ticket through an Agency or another site other than LATAM.com, we recommend contacting them directly to resolve your doubts.

In difficult times, our commitment to our customers and safety on each of our flights is even higher.

Sincerely,
LATAM Airlines Team
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by thanaset
I just got an email from LATAM.
Just received the same. Booked directly on Latham.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:20 pm

Received cancelation from Amex Travel.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: OWE
Received cancellation email from LATAM too. MasterCard cc payment still pending
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Received the same email too - for both mine (latam booked) and friends (expedia booked) tickets. On one hand I am neutral to this - since when I booked this it was just for fun to see what happens to it since next year my agenda is quite packed for the first half of the year due to some quite well priced tickets the last couple of months.
Guess this is another one of those flash sales that did not go through....wonder when we will start seeing posts that they will bring LATAM to court - and curious how Brazilian Consumer Protection law looks at such situation since I thought that they were quite protective of consumers...

Cheers!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I just get my money back (and without significant delay) I will let it slip - it was fun the 48h it lasted.

Both my LATAM tickets and Exp ticket were cancelled yesterday. Received e-mails from both LA and Exp
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If I just get my money back (and without significant delay) I will let it slip - it was fun the 48h it lasted.

Both my LATAM tickets and Exp ticket were cancelled yesterday. Received e-mails from both LA and Exp
As per LATAM's email - seems this will be 60 days max (for me this sounds long, as in if they have the resource to trace and cancel these tickets one by one, they should be able to do this as fast for the $$). Will call Visa to see how to get the $$ back into my acct faster since this was via PayPal.
Called Expedia - the agent told me that it will be 8-12 weeks. I will call AMEX for this today to see if they can do anything (i.e stop the payment since it just hit the card recently).

One lucky thing is at least we are not offered vouchers...

Cheers!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
AWill call Visa to see how to get the $$ back into my acct faster since this was via PayPal.
VISA will most likely refer you to contact PayPal or the airline/Exp
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by nldogbert
As per LATAM's email - seems this will be 60 days max (for me this sounds long, as in if they have the resource to trace and cancel these tickets one by one, they should be able to do this as fast for the $$). Will call Visa to see how to get the $$ back into my acct faster since this was via PayPal.
Just wondered why you would pay with VISA through Paypal. Maybe I missed a trick!

Paying from a cash balance on Paypal I can just about understand, but putting an intermediary between Visa and the merchant seems to muddy the waters to no advantage: so maybe I missed something.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: Sky team, Star Alliance gold
Game over :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.