Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This gets even messier - LATAM charged me £942 for two flights BUD-GRU

Cancelled and confirmed full refund and got email. Last week received a refund of £302 leaving me £600 short. Today received two vouchers to spend on LATAM of $404 each.

How do I get my money back?!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Which did LATAM office did you deal with?

I have good experience with LATAM Espana quickly solving any shortfall in EUR refunds (even for ticket being issued by LATAM Italy) - although this did not involve vouchers.

PM if you need the details of the person at LATAM Espana who I contacted to get my refund complete.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
1/3 refund done. Short of 1€ but don’t mind if I do.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Can I ask how all of you guys contacted LATAM for the refund? They charged me on credit card but the reservation doesn't exist. I've reached out on Twitter, they created a support case ticket for me on their own site last week but to-date I still have not heard anything back. Trying to get atop of it before the charge becomes due.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We (at least I) didn't initiate a contact to LATAM. The refund was processed by LATAM without request/contact last week, but only partly refunded. There was an email-adr. of a named person with LATAM Espana in the refund message from PayPal and I inquired with her about the rest of the refund - then the remaining part was refunded without any reply or further contact.
toonomadic likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Received the refund on my Amex (FR) in two settlements, accounting for 90% of the ticket price. Not sure whether the remaining 10% will be coming soon or if this is just “lost” in the conversion rate process (US952 received for US1087 spent)
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by SK AAR
We (at least I) didn't initiate a contact to LATAM. The refund was processed by LATAM without request/contact last week, but only partly refunded. There was an email-adr. of a named person with LATAM Espana in the refund message from PayPal and I inquired with her about the rest of the refund - then the remaining part was refunded without any reply or further contact.
now you can go and try using the vouchers
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by toonomadic
Can I ask how all of you guys contacted LATAM for the refund? They charged me on credit card but the reservation doesn't exist. I've reached out on Twitter, they created a support case ticket for me on their own site last week but to-date I still have not heard anything back. Trying to get atop of it before the charge becomes due.
Directly on their website, I filled in the "Send Request" form in the Help Center. I attached a screenshot of the transaction. Everything was processed on the same day and I got the money back in 24 hours.
toonomadic likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Balance of my £638.00 owed through today as a refund on my AMEX

Wasn't so tricky in the end !
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Got refunded ex-taxes and fees

I expect them to refund fully, since it was LATAM who cancelled tickets and not myself.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dont worry. Just contact/message LATAM that you also need to the last part of the ticket amount to be refunded. Most likely it will be refunded quickly without any issues.

It is yet to be understood why so many of us received only ticket amounts less taxes, duties etc from LATAM Espana.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Dont worry. Just contact/message LATAM that you also need to the last part of the ticket amount to be refunded. Most likely it will be refunded quickly without any issues.

It is yet to be understood why so many of us received only ticket amounts less taxes, duties etc from LATAM Espana.
Yeah, did so immediately and remaining amount was refunded in 1-2 days. Quite quick response I must say
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:32 am

I had 2 flights that were charged to two different cards. For one, I received a PNR, for the other, I did not.

After I received the form email from LATAM about the voiding of my booking, (with no mention any PNR), I raised a question to LATAM via their support page (and Twitter) asking them to clarify WHICH booking was cancelled and also to tell me the PNR for the second booking. With no response, I opened a dispute with the credit card for one of the bookings several days later. After another day or 2, I put the other flight charge into dispute, using the same email message as justification.

I have received another (form) email a couple of days ago stating that there was a booking error and that my flights were in fact booked. They sent me a booking confirmation with flight details and a PNR. Using this PNR in the LATAM page, TripCase or CheckMyTrip, however, returns nothing.

The last (and only personal) reply that I got from LATAM support yesterday had no information and told me to "wait". I was specifically told not to reply to their email.

With my experience and reading the strange refunds that other are getting, I am just imagining that the LATAM offices are in complete chaos and confusion.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:04 am

Just received 100% of ticket price back into my cc account (booked through Expedia, paid with Amex)
Old Oct 13, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Deckter
Directly on their website, I filled in the "Send Request" form in the Help Center. I attached a screenshot of the transaction. Everything was processed on the same day and I got the money back in 24 hours.
Contacted on Twitter September 24. They created a case on Latam for me. Case created on September 26, no response to now. Awaiting response and refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.