Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by toonomadic
Contacted on Twitter September 24. They created a case on Latam for me. Case created on September 26, no response to now. Awaiting response and refund.
If you have a case number and you say it was created on the 26th, don't wait. Go straight to chargeback as you now have the written proof that you requested the refund and you have not heard back from them for more than 2 weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Deckter
If you have a case number and you say it was created on the 26th, don't wait. Go straight to chargeback as you now have the written proof that you requested the refund and you have not heard back from them for more than 2 weeks.
Thanks for your consideration. I also created a second case today, and surprisingly I got a response two hours later that they're looking into it for me immediately on the new ticket. Maybe the first ticket got lost or something. I'll give them till the end of this week prior to considering a chargeback (though the form is already filled out by my bank and awaiting for signature). I think goodwill in these anxious times is sparse, but I'm holding on hope and a supply of goodwill that they will resolve it on their end first so I don't have to proceed with the bank.

Update: One Twitter conversation, two support tickets, one more Twitter conversation later with LATAM, no movement. I requested and successfully received a chargeback from my bank within a week of submission, having supplied all documentation alongside. Too bad LATAM expended my goodwill, despite good results from other posters earlier.
Deckter likes this.

Last edited by toonomadic; Oct 21, 2020 at 3:21 am
Old Oct 15, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Result!

Prepare to be amazed...

Dear frb98mf

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay to return to you and I also would like to confirm with you, if you have been able to check if the refund concluded by LATAM Airlines has been received.

As mentioned on my previous reply to you, your claim has been escalated internally for further evaluation and I have now a conclusion.

After a very careful review, with the aim of regaining your trust on our services and minimising the distress caused, due to the involuntary software error, we would like to offer you, additionally to the the refund already concluded, a travel voucher to be exchanged by LATAM Airlines services, valid until 31st of December 2021, on the amount of US$ 687 (Six hundred and eighty seven US dollars).

If you accept this offer, I kindly ask you to provide your passport number and nationality and I will proceed with the issuance of the travel voucher and send the confirmation to you.

I hope this would be a suitable alternative solution to you and I remain available should you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Customer relations
I suspect there might be the unique factor at play of me having called (dumb luck that my credit card didn't work online) and their agent having processed it manually, which voided their argument of manifest error that their own staff didn't spot but somehow Joe Public should...

Last edited by frb98mf; Oct 15, 2020 at 3:52 am Reason: brevity
Old Oct 17, 2020, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The refund from Exp appeared om my cc statement a couple of days ago. All tickets (Exp and LATAM direct) refunded now. Not bad.

To the previous poster: Nice result (LATAM agreeing to issue a complimentary voucher in addition to the refund) but I doubt LATAM will be prepared to grant vouchers for all/other similar tickets issued and cancelled.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Everybody already refunded? How about those who got charged but not ticketed?
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Refunded. Took them a few weeks, but they got there in the end. It was ticketed.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 2:54 am

Not exactly, no. Over 30 days ago I got an email from LATAM with flight details which stated that the ticket numbers would come in 24-48 hours. This has not happened and I have been told repeatedly by customer service to continue to wait. The PNR shows a trip between BUD and FRA.

I have a dispute open with AMEX, however LATAM is fighting it saying that they have sold me a ticket, and provided AMEX with some internal document which does show the initial purchase.

So -- on one hand LATAM is adamant that they have sold me a ticket, but on the other they have yet to provide me any proof, and the PNR does not show the correct details.

To be fair, I may just request the cancellation of the booking. It is more likely that I may not go anyhow.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Never ticketed. Bank immediately provided temporary funds in my account after chargeback (see my story above). Latam responded to my second support case 1 month after (Oct 25) by email and told me they were going to give me a voucher, then 3 minutes later wrote another email saying a full refund is in order. Received in bank next day and lost 3.24 euros in the currency conversion, haha but saga is closed and done.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I was only refunded one reservation (promptly) and two which "failed" like I never got confirmation nor saw PNR but they took money were to be handled in 30 days. Today it is 48 days since the case was open and money nowhere. Just filled chbc form with my bank so we will see.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, Flyingblue Silver
Fun fact: Booked this with two different OTAs for different dates. One was cancelled and refunded a few days later without further ado, the other one was just cancelled (with an e-mail roughly saying: “Your flight details have changed. If this is inconvenient for you, get in touch.”). Didn’t react for a few weeks because I couldn’t be bothered to spend hours on the phone. Then I called the OTA and the agent told me I could only get a LATAM flight voucher valid for a year, no refund (as if). Called LATAM a few times and got the ticket reinstated; took a few agents, though.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:37 pm

Thanks to this thread, I'll pass on the latest "promo" fare....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.