Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by offvoice
Booked through Latam directly yesterday, 2 PAX/1 PNR - just checked this morning, and TripCase mention [TICKET REFUNDED] on the e-ticket as well. Latam website doesn't mention anything yet, but accessing my booking through LH website (with additional PNR #) show etickets not available anymore.
Same for me on my economy ticket, they are still appearing normal in the Latam/BA App but the ticket says [TICKET REFUNDED]
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
This was always going to be a dodgy one. But the airline's in a fragile state, so they might not feel like giving up cash in refunds. But who knows?
If they do cancel the reservations, refunds need to wing their way back to credit cards quickly: otherwise another round of credit card charge-backs.
largeeyes likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
This was always going to be a dodgy one. But the airline's in a fragile state, so they might not feel like giving up cash in refunds. But who knows?
If they do cancel the reservations, refunds need to wing their way back to credit cards quickly: otherwise another round of credit card charge-backs.
Yes, of course, anyone booking this fare and expecting to actually fly risk-free does not understand the concept of MF

If that means anything, I didn't pay with PayPal but with Amex. Received the notification on my phone from the Apple Wallet, but the amount never showed up as debited in my account. Curious to see if PayPal payment makes a difference.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
I paid using my Visa card and the amount still shows as pending.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, let us hope that pending credit card charges will drop rather than being completed. Who knows when refunds will be made! Secondly, when charged in foreign amounts forex markups by the credit card issuer will lead to less being refunded than paid.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SK AAR
....Secondly, when charged in foreign amounts forex markups by the credit card issuer will lead to less being refunded than paid.
Or more being refunded if luck, and circumstances, shine brightly
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
yup, tripcase shows "ticket refunded" for both my business class reservations... also cannot change my selected seats on latam website anymore i hope they will refund it in full without any hestitation..
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:47 am

I just spoke with the OTA that I booked through after status in Tripcase changed to "ticket refunded". LATAM has refunded the ticket in their system (meaning the OTA has lost control of the ticket), so now the OTA has to send manual a refund application to LATAM in an external system, which can take several weeks to review (worst case months).

Hopefully the refund will be swift, but worst case LATAM considers this an interest free loan and take their time.
People who booked directly with LATAM will probably have a much quicker refund process.

Oh well, it was fun while the dream lasted
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I booked a ticket in Biz and now I can only choose Eco-Seats.
Tripcase says "Ticket Refunded"
Attached Images  

Last edited by flymuc; Sep 17, 2020 at 5:44 am
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:38 am

I managed to book BUD-FRA-SCL, SCL-GRU, GRU-DOH-BUD with a stopover in GRU for few days and GRU-DOH with Qatar Airways for total £620, hopefully the reservation sticks. finger crossed.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I booked business class BUD-SAO through Opodo, BUD-FRA operated by LH.
On Latam I could only select eco seats however on LH's system I could select biz. Seat selections show on checkmytrip.
Opodo shows the booking as confirmed however when I called Latam they said the ticket is in a process of cancellation and recommended to contact Opodo.
Opodo only answers calls for flights departing within the next week.
Is there any way to know the true status of the ticket?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: Sky team, Star Alliance gold
In my reservation all ok till now. Only it is not possible to change seats.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
I booked business class BUD-SAO through Opodo, BUD-FRA operated by LH.
On Latam I could only select eco seats however on LH's system I could select biz. Seat selections show on checkmytrip.
Opodo shows the booking as confirmed however when I called Latam they said the ticket is in a process of cancellation and recommended to contact Opodo.
Opodo only answers calls for flights departing within the next week.
Is there any way to know the true status of the ticket?
I would say that what LATAM told you is the true status of the ticket. What better source than the airline itself?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
I was very tempted to book this flight... Now I'm pleased I didn't! It was too good to be true.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:50 am

On the LATAM HP it now says that the time window for the payment of the reservation expired, and on the credit card the amount is still pending. So probably it will never be charged. Curious if the same applies to people who payed with PayPal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.