Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
I would not call, but email them that due to the lockdown of Italy I will not take the first segment. And wanted to know how long before this could be done according to Italian legislation.
Honestly I think calling is better than emailing.
​​​​​​​If you email they have plenty of time to look around in the fare, whereas they will probably just focus on solving it if you call.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:41 pm

I have called because my flights are imminent from BLQ. There is a waiver that applies to BLQ,MXP,VCE booked before our sale date, and the agent did not even check my fare(I am sure he would have commented about it, but also it seems like he is pretty tired of all those virus-related changes that he sounded very jaded.) and helped me move my flights to June.
raporot likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I know it’s a long shot now, as we still don’t know if it will stick, but I’ve just realised my MIL-MAD sector is on very inconvenient day - I have a long layover in MAD, so would be happy to skip that first sector and start in MAD. What’s the group consensus on IB respecting Italian regulations regarding protecting sectors on ex-IT itineraries? My ticket was likely issued in the UK (going by the currency paid in) - not sure if that would matter.
My advice? Just travel exactly as you booked; don't try to be clever.
SPlDER and kingstontoon like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:47 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by beyounged
I have called because my flights are imminent from BLQ. There is a waiver that applies to BLQ,MXP,VCE booked before our sale date, and the agent did not even check my fare(I am sure he would have commented about it, but also it seems like he is pretty tired of all those virus-related changes that he sounded very jaded.) and helped me move my flights to June.
did you tried to change country of departure? did you paid change fee?
did you book on Italian OTA or website?

Last edited by raporot; Mar 9, 2020 at 3:33 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
did you tried to change country of departure? did you paid change fee?
did you book on Italian OTA or website?
nope, simple postponement. But it looks like no fee is incurred whatsoever about my postponement. Booked thru IB US site.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by beyounged
nope, simple postponement. But it looks like no fee is incurred whatsoever about my postponement. Booked thru IB US site.
It is probably because of a IB waiver for Italian flights that you got rebooked to a later date without a change fee.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:17 am

IB website showing that both my flights IT-MAD MAD-IT canceled.
so maybe i can just use MAD-BOG part, anyone knows?
Or change departure country (to get more TP and miles)?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:00 pm

Hey guys, hoping anyone is able to offer advice for my issue.

Me and my friend were booking tickets simultaneously (from different cities in Italy) however despite selecting both segments as Business Promo, he got his return flights issued in Economy.

At the time of booking, Economy fare was different and we even managed to make screenshots of Business Promo fares that sum up to the total price we paid.

Any advice on what could we do and how to prove that we have indeed booked all segments in business? Maybe anyone had similar case before..

Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by tikrasltu
Hey guys, hoping anyone is able to offer advice for my issue.

Me and my friend were booking tickets simultaneously (from different cities in Italy) however despite selecting both segments as Business Promo, he got his return flights issued in Economy.

At the time of booking, Economy fare was different and we even managed to make screenshots of Business Promo fares that sum up to the total price we paid.

Any advice on what could we do and how to prove that we have indeed booked all segments in business? Maybe anyone had similar case before..

Thank you!
Yikes...
what SS do you have that you can prove it?

Is the amount on your credit card statement the same as the price of out/inbound in business? Assuming you have SS of all the price options when booking

tbh your chance is really low and you can’t really count on Iberia to reissue the ticket once they see the ticket price
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:10 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Fellow travelers - just in, some crucial news for us:

Argentina, Colombia, Peru to isolate travelers from virus-hit nations

Please find entire news by France24 here: https://www.france24.com/en/20200311...us-hit-nations

We are waiting for how things are developing, but I at least wanted to start the discussion (our travel date is April 6):

Questions now:

1. BA is refusing to refund the tickets -> would a travel insurance pay if in the end, this policy is still valid at travel date
2. What are refund rules for the ticket -> I read about 60-100 Euro, however, our ticket states 30 Euro fare and all other fees and taxes refundable
3. How about positioning flights to Italy?
3. What could be a "good case" -> re-route from London? Free re-book to other destinations?

Our ticket states a 30 Euro Ticket fee per person and

Total government, authority and airport charges EUR 107.79
Total British Airways fees and surcharges Per adult EUR 378.00

Total taxes, fees and surcharges per person EUR 485.79

*Government and/or airport taxes are refundable, however some countries will apply a Value Added Tax, Sales Tax or equivalent, which will only be refunded on fully flexible tickets.
**A refund of the carrier imposed charge or fuel surcharge where applicable may be made on unused flights in your itinerary if permitted by the fare rules and conditions applicable to your booking.
tropikey and raporot like this.

Last edited by Shl; Mar 11, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:07 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Shl

uhh, what is chances to rebook ticket to Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Caribbean? Or Buy ticket on same day of arrival to another country? Or change to same day turn-around?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
I called Iberia as travel dates are coming up:

Free Rebook, NOOOO reroute
No fare class difference to pay
If segment dropped, the rest of ticket is still valid. ( She told me it was for every ticket where Iberia is the only company on the whole ticket. So not only from Italy.
raporot likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:40 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mgo72
I called Iberia as travel dates are coming up:

Free Rebook, NOOOO reroute
No fare class difference to pay
If segment dropped, the rest of ticket is still valid. ( She told me it was for every ticket where Iberia is the only company on the whole ticket. So not only from Italy.
You booked on Italian website/OTA?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Yes, but explicitly asked if this was the reason and she told me it was a general Iberia policy.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Shl

Please find entire news by France24 here: https://www.france24.com/en/20200311...us-hit-nations

We are waiting for how things are developing, but I at least wanted to start the discussion (our travel date is April 6):

Questions now:

1. BA is refusing to refund the tickets -> would a travel insurance pay if in the end, this policy is still valid at travel date
2. What are refund rules for the ticket -> I read about 60-100 Euro, however, our ticket states 30 Euro fare and all other fees and taxes refundable
3. How about positioning flights to Italy?
3. What could be a "good case" -> re-route from London? Free re-book to other destinations?

Our ticket states a 30 Euro Ticket fee per person and

Total government, authority and airport charges EUR 107.79
Total British Airways fees and surcharges Per adult EUR 378.00

Total taxes, fees and surcharges per person EUR 485.79

*Government and/or airport taxes are refundable, however some countries will apply a Value Added Tax, Sales Tax or equivalent, which will only be refunded on fully flexible tickets.
**A refund of the carrier imposed charge or fuel surcharge where applicable may be made on unused flights in your itinerary if permitted by the fare rules and conditions applicable to your booking.
With WHO declaring it a pandemic, chances of travel insurance covering it are slim to none.
raporot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.