Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: EY: Platinum; Skyteam: Elite Plus; HHonors: Diamond; Best Western: Diamond Select
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I’m kicking myself for not taking a copy of fare rules. Can an expert in airline fares confirm if changes can be made if the fare no longer exists (which seems to be the case)? I haven't seen a fare completely disappear before.

My confirmation email from IB quotes €60 change and €90 refund fee, which seems like a good deal if it is honoured!

maybe this could be helpful.
these are „my“ fare rules at time of booking for return FCO-MAD-BOG
Fare was shown as R business promotional:
Fare Basis RNNN1O/IAP1
AIR_CRS_POLICIES_PREFIX value

06:

TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

07:

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

14:

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 30NOV20.

16:

CANCELLATIONS PER DIRECTION CHARGE USD 250.00/EUR 200.00 FOR NO-SHOW. BEFORE DEPARTURE PER DIRECTION CHARGE USD 125.00/EUR 100.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. AFTER DEPARTURE PER DIRECTION CHARGE USD 125.00/EUR 100.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. CHANGES PER TICKET CHARGE USD 375.00/EUR 300.00 FOR NO-SHOW. BEFORE DEPARTURE PER TICKET CHARGE USD 250.00/EUR 200.00 FOR REISSUE. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. AFTER DEPARTURE PER TICKET CHARGE USD 250.00/EUR 200.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. ------------------------------ WAIVED FOR DEATH OF A PASSENGER AND PASSENGERS TRAVELLING COMPANIONS. ------------------------------ NO SHOW IS WHEN A PASSENGER HAS NOT ADVISED THE AIRLINE THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE FLIGHT THEY ARE BOOKED ON. ------------------------------ CHARGE FOR CHANGES APPLIES PER TRANSACTION/TICKET AND PERSON TO ALL PASSENGER TYPES. CHARGE FOR CANCELLATION APPLIES PER DIRECTION TO ALL PASSENGER TYPES. ------------------------------ A CHANGE IS A DATE/FLIGHT/ROUTING/BOOKING CODE CHANGE. ------------------------------ IN CASE OF RESERVATION CHANGES AND REISSUE AFTER SCHEDULED FLIGHT NO SHOW PENALTY WILL BE APPLIES. OTHERWISE THE TICKET WILL ONLY BE VALID FOR REFUND IF APPLICABLE. REFUND MUST BE MADE BEFORE SCHEDULED FLIGHT. OTHERWISE NO SHOW PENALTY APPLIES. ------------------------------ WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WITH THE JOURNEY APPLIES. ------------------------------ WHEN COMBINING NON-REFUNDABLE FARES WITH A REFUNDABLE FARES 1-THE AMOUNT PAID ON EACH REFUNDABLE FARE COMPONENT IS REFUNDED 2-THE AMOUNT PAID ON EACH NON-REFUNDABLE FARE COMPONENT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED 3-WHEN COMBINING FARES CHARGE THE SUM OF THE CANCELLATION FEES OF ALL CANCELLED FARE COMPONENTS ------------------------------ REFUND OF UNUSED TAXES FEES AND CHARGES PAID TO THIRD PARTIES PERMITTED. ASSOCIATED CARRIER IMPOSED CHARGES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ------------------------------ REFUND AND CHANGES ARE PERMITTED WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY UNDER FARE CONDITIONS. ------------------------------ ANY NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT AND/OR CANCELLATION PENALTY FROM A PREVIOUS TICKET REMAINS NON- REFUNDABLE FOLLOWING A CHANGE. ------------------------------ TICKET IS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO ANOTHER PERSON. ----------------------------------------------- ----REPRICING CONDITIONS ---- A.BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY WHEN THE FISRT FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED. B.BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY WHEN CHANGES ARE TO BOOKING CODE ONLY IN THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT AND RESULT IN A HIGHER FARE THE ITINERARY MUST BE RE- PRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR USING CURRENT FARE IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED - WICHEVER IS LOWER. C. BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT BUT OTHER FARE COMPONENTS ARE CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING HISTORICAL FAERS IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED - WHICHEVER IS LOWER. D. AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY THE ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE. ----------------------------------------------- WHEN THE ITINERARY RESULT IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED ANY APPLICABLE CHANGE FEE APPLIES. ----------------------------------------------- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES AND NO CREDIT OF THE RESIDUAL AMOUNT WILL BE MADE.
tropikey and cgtechuk like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
I called Iberia as travel dates are coming up:

Free Rebook, NOOOO reroute
No fare class difference to pay
If segment dropped, the rest of ticket is still valid. ( She told me it was for every ticket where Iberia is the only company on the whole ticket. So not only from Italy.
never believe to an agent over the phone about the segment drop. I would ask for a written statement or to quote the Iberia contract of carriage.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
She did NOT want to write by email. She told me her name, date and hour of recordings.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by mgo72
She did NOT want to write by email. She told me her name, date and hour of recordings.
Were you due to travel soon? I wonder if I can drop my first sector in October....
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:41 am

End of march to Bogota.
raporot and David7 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Wauw, you are optimistic. You do realise that by tomorrow you will not be able to enter Colombia from Europe?

https://www.iata.org/contentassets/e...v-measures.pdf
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:40 am

Hello,

Yes i al aware that is why I called to change flights. When I called Colombia did not have the ban. Only Milan was cancelled.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wauw, you are optimistic. You do realise that by tomorrow you will not be able to enter Colombia from Europe?

https://www.iata.org/contentassets/e...v-measures.pdf
That doesn't say you can't enter. In fact it sounds like Colombia is happy to let you transit or depart early.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
My guess is that you will not even be allowed to board in MAD, but good luck!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by Unionruler
That doesn't say you can't enter. In fact it sounds like Colombia is happy to let you transit or depart early.
"As of 16 March 2020 and until May 30th, all foreign travelers are banned entry. Nationals, legal residents, diplomats are exempt and will be subject to 14 days quarantine. [...]"

I guess transit might be okay but that's it. I had a trip coming up in early May which isn't going to happen now..
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:49 am

so Colombia closing borders for anyone, so now we have right for full refund?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:53 am

As far as I understand, only if your travel dates are within period indicated earlier.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:23 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by tropikey
As far as I understand, only if your travel dates are within period indicated earlier.
my dates its within these dates, will try...i dont need voucher of company who will be bankrupt in 2 months.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
my dates its within these dates, will try...i dont need voucher of company who will be bankrupt in 2 months.
A pretty strong statement. If you think that IAG (Parent of IB) that has the most, spare cash capital will be bankrupt in 2 months then the whole EU aviation industry will cease to exist in 2 weeks.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:49 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by iEimis
A pretty strong statement. If you think that IAG (Parent of IB) that has the most, spare cash capital will be bankrupt in 2 months then the whole EU aviation industry will cease to exist in 2 weeks.
we will see these summer @who is [email protected], many company go bankrupt....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.