Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:50 am

I called BA today and this time the agent was really helpful. I was able to rebook in July 2021! The change of departure airport was possible too, but only within 100 km so I didn't do that. I am more than happy with the result!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by abielewi
I called BA today and this time the agent was really helpful. I was able to rebook in July 2021! The change of departure airport was possible too, but only within 100 km so I didn't do that. I am more than happy with the result!
Had they cancelled your flights or did you just request a simple date change? (Did you quote anything to allow this change?)
Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:16 am

My flights were cancelled. I asked the agent how far in the future I can rebook and he told me up to 18th or 19th July 2021.

I called a couple of times before and the latest date I could choose was 5th or 6th March (due to ticket validity).

Last edited by abielewi; Jul 24, 2020 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:55 am

Just to give a quick update, I originally booked with Expedia with IB numbers for flights to BOG in sept 2020. Called Expedia and was able to push it back to May 2021 and change destination to MDE (free because it was within 250 miles). Fare difference and change fees waived as IB had this one time free change policy.

my original flights in 2020 were not cancelled, but har several ~1 hour schedule changes.
tropikey likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by hkgg
Called Expedia and was able to push it back to May 2021 and change destination to MDE (free because it was within 250 miles). Fare difference and change fees waived as IB had this one time free change policy.
Booked for May 2020 travel, changed to Dec 2020 before departure under the flexibility policy for free. MAD-BLQ leg was zeroed out (30 Dec), booked direct, any advice on when they will cancel it so that I can rebook? and it seems like IB is not sticking to the 12 month from ticket issue requirement from up thread? (Ticket issue date of Mar 2020, @hkgg, and other posters above managed to change to May 2021)

Thanks,
HMA
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Booked for May 2020 travel, changed to Dec 2020 before departure under the flexibility policy for free. MAD-BLQ leg was zeroed out (30 Dec), booked direct, any advice on when they will cancel it so that I can rebook? and it seems like IB is not sticking to the 12 month from ticket issue requirement from up thread? (Ticket issue date of Mar 2020, @hkgg, and other posters above managed to change to May 2021)

Thanks,
HMA
In my experience IB cancels 4/6 weeks before
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Sciamano
In my experience IB cancels 4/6 weeks before
Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
It seems first half of next year is too early to see the situation in Colombia and I don't want to rebook to a date when foreigners still aren't allowed in.
Has anyone been able to successfully rebook beyond the current fly by 30 June date?

EDIT: Called 3 times, no dice. Booked for March dates. Wasn't allowed to switch departure location on the return. Oh well.
raporot likes this.

Last edited by toonomadic; Aug 26, 2020 at 1:43 am
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, AY Plat
I tried to change departure city and dates for May 2021 on the phone. No luck, as I was told that ticket is valid only until one year from issuance. I tried to argue, that even online I can choose dates beyond that. CS agent would not budge.

Eventually settled with FCO as a departure city and changed dates online.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flightson
I tried to change departure city and dates for May 2021 on the phone. No luck, as I was told that ticket is valid only until one year from issuance. I tried to argue, that even online I can choose dates beyond that. CS agent would not budge.

Eventually settled with FCO as a departure city and changed dates online.
Be sure to check that the new ticket is issued. The validity may not be checked until the ticketing occurs. I've had this recently with some BA tickets, online change is easy, but never get a new ticket number.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, AY Plat
Originally Posted by danam
Be sure to check that the new ticket is issued. The validity may not be checked until the ticketing occurs. I've had this recently with some BA tickets, online change is easy, but never get a new ticket number.
I went afterwards to Manage My Booking and confirmed the change there. Immediately received a new ticket via e-mail. So seems OK to me. Ticket is on IB stock.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Anyone had any success with an OTA with these? I booked not realising this could be booked direct . IB have told me they cant touch it as its an OTA booking and priceline are well as useless as you would expect them to be.

Trying to move mine to March so within validity
Old Oct 10, 2020, 12:49 am

Which BA number/office did you call?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Why did you call Ba? I called Iberia yesterday and only possible till 30/6/2021 for the moment.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:51 pm

Because if the ticket is issued by BA, like in my case, you have to handle it with BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.