Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
For a departure end of march, should I already call them to ok nfom them of going to Madrid as all travel to Milan is almost impossible?

Anyone know how much time before your flight you can inform them to skip first leg?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I’m kicking myself for not taking a copy of fare rules. Can an expert in airline fares confirm if changes can be made if the fare no longer exists (which seems to be the case)? I haven't seen a fare completely disappear before.

My confirmation email from IB quotes €60 change and €90 refund fee, which seems like a good deal if it is honoured!
It will reprice to current fares before consumption of first segment, and reprice to historical fares including the fare we had bought after. Your change fees are strange(-ly low), I only saw variants of EUR100 and EUR200.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
For a departure end of march, should I already call them to ok nfom them of going to Madrid as all travel to Milan is almost impossible?

Anyone know how much time before your flight you can inform them to skip first leg?
You may just get the entire bulk of tickets issued cancelled instead. Please wait until some hints of a definitive stance emerge on whether IB will honour or not. Even if no hints, please wait until next week minimally.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:14 am

Yes, but I want to contact them before Iberia issues a general cancellation of all flights out of Italy.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Save for the case where you are based in (Northern) Italy, if Iberia cancelled all flights to Italy, that would be a massive bonus, as that would open up the chance to change the starting point to somewhere else in Europe.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by Unionruler
It will reprice to current fares before consumption of first segment, and reprice to historical fares including the fare we had bought after. Your change fees are strange(-ly low), I only saw variants of EUR100 and EUR200.
My fees also show as €60 / €90. Just noticed however through MMB on Iberia's website that each segment is listed as "Holding confirmed". Does anyone else have this and is it a concern? I'm guessing this is just waiting for the credit card payment to properly clear...?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
My fees also show as €60 / €90. Just noticed however through MMB on Iberia's website that each segment is listed as "Holding confirmed". Does anyone else have this and is it a concern? I'm guessing this is just waiting for the credit card payment to properly clear...?
HK status (Holding Confirmed) actually just means that the segment/booking class is confirmed in your booking, aka you have a seat on the flight.
In order to "use" the seat you need a ticket, so if you already received one, then everything should be fine.

For instance travel agents can reserve seats for clients, and then they have X amounts of days while the holding/seat is confirmed, to issue a ticket, as the holding/seat will otherwise be cancelled by the airline, after the deadline, if no ticket is issued. OTA's and airlines usually ticket right after the reservation is made, but the idea is the same.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
HK status (Holding Confirmed) actually just means that the segment/booking class is confirmed in your booking, aka you have a seat on the flight.
In order to "use" the seat you need a ticket, so if you already received one, then everything should be fine.

For instance travel agents can reserve seats for clients, and then they have X amounts of days while the holding/seat is confirmed, to issue a ticket, as the holding/seat will otherwise be cancelled by the airline, after the deadline, if no ticket is issued. OTA's and airlines usually ticket right after the reservation is made, but the idea is the same.
Thanks. I received a ticket number in my PDF email confirmation so should be good to go then, right?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Thanks. I received a ticket number in my PDF email confirmation so should be good to go then, right?
Yes, IB doesn’t always send the eticket number in the booking email, but it always appears on the pdf
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:26 am

Yes, but I want to contact them before Iberia issues a general cancellation of all flights out of Italy.
Should you do so you run the risk of getting your and then everyone's ticket cancelled.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:57 am

I booked MXP-MAD-BOG from April 2 to April 18. Connected to my Iberia account and the MXP-MAD flight got cancelled.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by PTPbased
I booked MXP-MAD-BOG from April 2 to April 18. Connected to my Iberia account and the MXP-MAD flight got cancelled.
Additional message reads:

We are very sorry but there has a been change to one of your flights.

We are going to offer you an alternative time.

Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Should you do so you run the risk of getting your and then everyone's ticket cancelled.

​​​​​​​I know the rules of the game. That is why I asked if anyone is flying before me. As that would help the outcome.

I would not call, but email them that due to the lockdown of Italy I will not take the first segment. And wanted to know how long before this could be done according to Italian legislation.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:10 am

OK, my Milan - Madrid flight is also cancelled now.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:11 am

I know the rules of the game. That is why I asked if anyone is flying before me. As that would help the outcome.

I would not call, but email them that due to the lockdown of Italy I will not take the first segment. And wanted to know how long before this could be done according to Italian legislation.
not to belabor this point too much, if you flight gets cancelled or IB ceases flying to Italy, you won’t need to fiddle with the “Italian loophole,” and IB will issue the specific rebooking guidelines which will make everyone better off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.