Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Palmer
I’ve got the same in my booking on the Iberia website - ‘Holding Confirmed’. I can see the 075 ticket number, so it’s just a case of sitting this out and waiting to see how IB deal with this in the next few days / weeks.

The confirmation from Expedia reads:

It’s the six letters / numbers under the Booking ID that you need.

I couldn’t select my seats on Finnair or Qatar websites. I did have some luck on Royal Jordanian. These seem to have stuck on the IB desktop site. I have a segment operated by LATAM and I’m unable to select anything on that sector, even though I can access the booking with Latam. If this does stick then I’ll select those seats either when check in opens or after people have started calling the airline, posted here and the whole thing has blown up.

Palmer
Thanks for your reply Palmer. Yeah, agreed on waiting this out in terms of how IB deal with it.

I managed to choose the seats finally. I went onto CX website where I was allowed to choose my 'preferred' seats for which all 4 segments I've put Window. Was assigned 1F, 2L, 8L, 2A. Then when I went back to IB website I was finally allowed to change them there to the ones I wanted. Wide-open availability, none of the seats were actually assigned apart from 1 or 2 which suggests that not many people actually booked onto my specific flights.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:16 am

Side question about the seats to those who have flown IB in the past. I thought that it used to be the odd numbers that had an actual window seat giving more privacy, however, my seat map actually shows that it's even numbers now where you get a true window seat with table being on the aisle side. Also, my MAD - FCO sector on the return seems to only have 3 rows of Business Class, what are the row 1 seats like? Anyone can confirm?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:24 am

Managed to select my seats on Latam, using my Latam PNR from the Expedia email, on the Latam website.

Treating all my seat preferences with a pinch of salt due to my previous encounters with IB.

Palmer
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:02 am

LIN-LIM Now around 1650 EUR in autumn. LIN-BOG, however, is cheaper at ca. 1400 EUR.

So Lufthansa is matching: 1100 MXP-BOG widely available. OK, so this is not 500 EUR, but it's actually a decent fare.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by gregorio1
LIN-LIM Now around 1650 EUR in autumn. LIN-BOG, however, is cheaper at ca. 1400 EUR.

So Lufthansa is matching: 1100 MXP-BOG widely available. OK, so this is not 500 EUR, but it's actually a decent fare.
Matching is maybe a big word: not only it's twice more expensive, it's also a companion fare.
tropikey, Justin Case and IstKong like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:41 am

cant assign seats on IB,CX,QR,Finnair website, bought on IB website, any advise where i can do these?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by raporot
cant assign seats on IB,CX,QR,Finnair website, bought on IB website, any advise where i can do these?
See my posts above at #60 and #63 . Try Royal Jordanian.

Palmer
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I am also unable to select seats - but I am a bit calmer after checking ExpertFlyer which shows the following instead of the seatmap:
IB flight 6585 in Business
  • There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: EQUIPMENT CHANGE IN PROGRESS
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:46 am

I went to the BA site to select seats and it linked me straight to the Iberia site where I could select mine.

after all, BA owns Iberia...
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hkgg
after all, BA owns Iberia...
No, IAG owns both BA and Iberia. And IAG is the result of the merger of BA and IB (BA shareholders received 55% of IAG, IB shareholders the rest), not a takeover.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by iEimis
Booked via Expedia and got it ticketed. Only received the 5 character PNR (but was able to see 6 digit one via mobile).
5 digit = Resiber PNR (Iberia host system)
6 digit = Amadeus PNR (Iberia reservation system)

LATAM 6 digit will be a SABRE PNR (LATAM host/reservation system)
iEimis likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:16 pm

Exclamation

See my posts above at #60 and #63 . Try Royal Jordanian.

Palmer
Royal Jordanian

2 warnings

Warning
  • At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631 - 68202)
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:28 pm

Royal Jordanian

2 warnings

Warning
  • At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631 - 68202)
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
Have you got a ticket number?

Palnmer
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:28 pm

Exclamation

Have you got a ticket number?

Palnmer
off-course.confirmed on IB.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:50 pm

off-course.confirmed on IB.
Sit it out then. You’ve got a seat somewhere! See what happens during the week.

The only Spanish I know is ‘mañana’. It’s the mantra of IB...

Palmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.